Bollinger band trading with MAs

That person made the wrong post in the wrong thread!

Funny thing is, that type of trading does work… but it’s too much work. For me at least. to much scalping. But you can use a similar concept on higher time frames.

Extreme! That’ll rot 5 points off your IQ right there. :smiley:

Closed out a short NZD/USD for 50 points after new daily candle opened at midpoint on the old at 22:30 (GMT). Figured it was time to sample a beer or three before they close. :smiley:

Its a curse… caught GBP/CAD three days early coming over the top on the daily. BE 35 pips LOL. Yet another weekend in the Doldrums beckons. :smiley:

EUR/JPY is in consolidation from its recent lows and looks good to 108.91. :wink:

EUR/JPY was good to me Friday and over the weekend into today. It was only on demo though. And haven’t traded today because I figured it would be a slow day being a bank holiday in the UK. However just looking at GU my entry trigger would have me up around 90pips now… You can’t count the trades you didn’t take though can you? :smiley:

That’s a new picture RC, which one is your son?

RC, I am looking at EJ and thinking it looks to test the recent daily low support at 105.4. I’m still trying to learn to draw trendlines across multiple TFs, but this is what I came up with drawing and sharpening my recent TLs on the daily, 4H and hourly charts. It looks like a classic “trendline break” back Short:

The heavy dotted line is the recent daily high/low, the smaller dotted lines are 4H SR lines I plotted. The label “Short off TL break” is just a note I make to myself on these higher TFs charts as to what I ought be looking for.

I was actually looking to catch a retracement later today or tomorrow to get a piece of this move, which would be about 180 pips from this point to the support.

Thoughts?

You could be right Merch? Nobodys perfect. :smiley: Personally I don’t see PA going much below 107.086 and daily tunnel is up. 108.195 is the median of the recent moves both ways so I am at least expecting PA to again hit that area. Main area of resistance above that is 108.91’ish. I could be wrong of course! :slight_smile:

The only concern I have is the recent bars on my chart showing this breakout have occurred coming out of the weekend, during the crappy volatility of Sunday and today. You could be right that once things start cooking price could resume an upward climb.

I’m long on EJ and EU
probably going to go overnight with them

So, the internet here has been cutting out alot and went out for serveral hours the other day. Down about 1.8% but at least I had SLs set :stuck_out_tongue: Overall still up and just made it back from another trade lol. Still, not liking this crappy internet.

Wow RC, you are prepared for the worst lol.

Robert,

A quick question if you would. I know when you and San started this thread you guys focused a lot on trading just GU. At the time you seem to feel GU gave you plenty of price action and opportunity. Now that you’re retired and following 20+ pairs :eek: would GU still be your choice if you were focusing on a single pair?

I’m finding with my daily routine… real job, life etc… I’m not doing a very good job following multiple pairs. Of course my ADD and dyslexia might also add to the confusion, LOL!

Lately I’ve been focusing a lot on EU but I’m not sure I’m happy with the price action and opportunities with the pair.

As always, thanks!

PS on the internet connection issue, I’ve also had local power outages in the middle of a trade. :mad: I thought if I ever had the account size and cash a wireless G3 or whatever connection would be a good back up.

ya it is definitely a wise choice lol, and I don’t know how long it’ll be. Havnt traded too much this week because of internet going out and school. Need to find a way to be able to watch charts and trade and still maintain my life lol. Trying to figure a way to code it into an EA but even then I think I’d have to babysit it. We’ll see how it goes :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I guess like everything it is a trade off. IMO :slight_smile: sometime GU can get down right crazy and I would just step aside and wait… on the other hand, some days following EU can make watching paint drying pretty exciting!

thanks!

Lol, I’ve given my 50% as well :stuck_out_tongue: There’s really not much to this strat.

I’m not really here, you ain’t seen me…right?!

Post on volatility and bolly bands:
Morning Gold Fix: September 2 | zero hedge

who’s not here? who said that that? I don’t see anyone…

By the time the band begins to widen isn’t price already walking along the outer edge, in other words isn’t it kind of a late entry?

I don’t see that. Show a screen print?

lol
you should know better by now!

makin some pips…

well I have to say I can see San’s point on RC’s 2ma high low that if you watch it on a 1m chart you can see how the MA follows price and not vice versa… however…
Ive been trading with it for a while with lots of winning trades and steadily growing my account for the last few weeks so it definately works.

:slight_smile: