Day Trader, Lonely Trading Alone?

In the long term better be lonely and make money than dealing with other people (bosses, clients, customer etc.) with whom you are forced to communicate in order to make money.

There is a third and a fourth option that will give you back enough (even plenty) of time to interact face to face to other human beings.

Third option: day trade with 1H or 2H candles and use strategies for a specific time of the day (for example, from London Open to London Close)

Fourth option: trade with D1 candles. Believe me, it is the true life changer

Sorry for my English, I am not a native English speaker

1 Like

While I agree with these two statements, it gives a lot more time and freedom

It didn’t really help with my “loneliness” because most of the people are working during the day so you will not meet a lot of people that are as available and spontaneous as you are.

That being said, if you are only lonely because you stare at your computer screen for way too long, then that’s definitely a solution :slight_smile:

I am very passionate about trading - so don’t feel like I am working and I could spend all of my waking hours either reading about trading or actual trading. Additionally, it helps that I am pretty much a recluse. Having said all of that, I would be lying if I said that it does not get lonely.

Like many others here I spend a lot of time analysing and setting up trades. For the amount of work I put in and for how stimulating it is, not much of it is shared. Sometimes I’ll excitedly explain a situation with my wife and show her the results. Or a friend. Or my mom. Otherwise though its all lonely work. So I talk alot to myself!!

:neutral_face: Yes, i feel the same way and I am trading from home too. It is quite boring waiting for the market to move at times, so in between, I do some chores and sometimes watch Netflix to occupy time :stuck_out_tongue:.

Very interesting topic. It is my current problem. Based on the other side of the world (New Caledonia) from you guys, I am trading futures. Many problems with it! Number one, market hours and liquidity. The opening of the Globex is around Sydney opening hours, which is fine for me. Market doesn’t necessary knows where to go, I feel like I am trading against algos in the early hours. It can be very unconfortable when you have a small account and therefore short stops.
Of course the best trading hours are aound the London opening, which comes to me around 6 p.m.
This doesn’t mean that there are no opportunities before for a daytrader, but from 9a.m. to p.m. for me already makes it a long day. Particularly if I carry a position to the New York opening, which comes to me at 0.30 a.m. A very long day indead!
I have to admit, I am loosing concentration throughout the day and miss a few opportunities. This system doesn’t fit me and is unworkable in the long run. Frustrating though because most of my analysis are good. I am just too tired and therefore lack patience to do the right things at the right time.
Since a while now, I have been considering getting into swing trade FX on a D or 4H timeframe and …leave the screen. Perhaps watch it once or twice a day, at…decent hours, set targets and stops, or trailing stops. A complete change of style to me, that could potentially solve quite a few of the challenges I am facing. But I am steel hesitating.
Anyone out there using this approach? Any recommendations or testimony would be most appreciated.

Sorry for my english, french is my mother language!