Ex Professional Traders Guide To Swing/Day Trading

To be straightforward with you mrchilled, your rudeness and your attitude is not welcome, personally I think you only have one intention and that is to plague this educational thread with nasty and rude remarks, I’m pretty sure you did it on the day trading thread as well, and taking a look at your recent posts on other threads it seems to be a daily occurrence from you, so I will use the tools I have ay my disposal to place you on the ignore register.

One other thing, I don’t want nor need your approval.

If you wish to clean up your act and attitude, then you can PM me and I will think about lifting the ban. But until then its a rude free zone. Try being a bit polite in future towards people.

Okay gang I have a little bit of time to sit now and make a post for the AUD/USD.

As I quickly posted early on today, the A/U has recently tested the hourly 200SMA with a small bounce, this is on the back of an hourly double top around the 1.0480-90 zone, so it does look like its coming from a bit of bearish strength. The bounce has held a 38% retracement from the current hourly swing high to the swing low and a recent 60EMA cross below the 100SMA is indicative of the bearish view.

So in my opinion this looks primed for a short right now at market (currently 1.0425) as of typing.

Support comes in from the 4 hour 200SMA at 1.0380, then the daily 200SMA seen at 1.0310.

This thread looks like it’s going to be a good one.

hi andrew.
nice trade set up. thanks!!

Andrew, how large of a stop loss do you use, and where do you place them?

If I might give a bit of advice, after seeing so many “professional” traders come here looking to give advice, but turning out to be scam artists, let the naysayers come and question you and your motives. If you are for real, you will prove it to everyone in due time, and they may end up being your biggest cheerleaders. You just have to get through the initial onlsaught.

Well I think mrchilled wasn’t rude at all… he just expressed his concern about a frequent scam here at BP…

The question about the sunday candles hasn’t been answered yet…

This thread looks almost like one we had here from a scam guy named “David Jefferson”, same story… former city trader managing tons of money, nice clean picture in the avatar, nickname that looks like a “real” name, very average trading system that can lure newbies, posts trying to redirect people to a twitter account, rude attitude towards to someone that just asked a fair question… then ban to that person… plus being a city trader… your myfxbook (in your day trading thread) account showed trades from a very amateur trader…

So new traders reading this thread… TRUST NO ONE IN THE INTERNET (including me)

P.S. Let’s see if i also get banned…

Who cares if he is really an ex pro or not? If the system is good, trade it. From what Ive seen so far, it is. Why would anyone be negative towards someone who is taking their time and effort to teach others how to trade? If you dont like or beleive the sytem, simply dont trade it. Then anyone negative can start their own thread, since they are obviously the experts

Good morning yunny,

Your absolutely right about one thing, the net is full of scams and so on. But one thing I’m not nor do I like be accused of, is being one of them, I started this thread after asking people if they wanted it. So that’s what I,m doing when I can and have the time to do so.

As I mentioned before, my time is very tight at the moment, this thread is something I’m running when I can and only when I can, so I’m not going to waste the little time and energy I do have answering silly and pointless questions from time wasters like yourself and mrchilled on every second post that are clearly written to post negative and fuming unfounded and wild accusations. I have no idea how big or small this thread will get’ but I’m pretty sure that if it becomes popular, then the decent people here will not want to scroll through lots and lots of hateful and negative posts in order to find the educational ones that the actual thread is for.

Where is the point of me running a thread with the purpose to teach the methods I use, when my little amount of time is being used to answer posts like yours from silly people like you and mrchilled.

So yes I will place you on ignore for the pure purpose of being able to keep the thread spam and troll free. At the end of the day that’s why the babypips mods provide such tools.

Also from now on, any posts tha are not aimed at the educational side of the techniques and are deemed fuming, will be ignored and the member placed on ignore. Keep this thread on track and educational is its only course.

I agree. I think asking questions is one thing but it doesn’t help anybody to start right of accusing. As far as trust nobody should be putting money on the line 'till they’ve done there own testing anyway.

The stops will vary trade to trade based on the chart and action. I’m currently in my bed now on my iPad so no charts open at this time, but the stop on Aussie is 1.0455 for me, that’s above near by resistance.

AUD/USD still ranging at this moment above the 200 hour SMA, but my view remains the same on the sell side. It just needs to take out some stubborn supports near by to free price and attract some selling momentum, I suspect that there is a gathering of stops and sell orders down below the 200HSMA.

On a side-note, I just got an email from a follower who said he was stopped out of the AUD/USD by MRC Markets when price was 8 pips away from his stop loss at 1.0455, the high was 1.0447. Sounds like a shady broker to me from what the email says and screenshot he sent me. I have asked him for his permission and if its ok to post it here to show you guys and warn you to stay clear of them.

Okay peeps,

I guess since I’m showing some basic concepts in terms of swing trading, then I should also show some short term day trading techniques that use the same principles and tools.

Now this is the most simplest of day trading techniques and its pretty much an off-spin of the higher time frame methods, the only difference is we will use is the 15 minute 60EMA & 200SMA & RSI(5), the 100 SMA is not used neither are the 1 hour, 4 hour or daily time frames.

When I say this is simple, I mean it, there is nothing much to it, but yet this little simple strategy churns out pretty low risk small but consistent profits time over time.

I want you to visualize that your job is to trade the 15 minute 200SMA everyday, nothing else, you wake up in the morning, load up your charts, and your only mission in your trading career is to trade the 15 minute 200SMA with your only bias being, is the 60EMA and price above or below the 15 minute 200SMA. You have no other care or bias towards the market, do you think you could do that?

If the 60EMA and price are above the 200SMA, then you want to BUY the the 200SMA if the RSI is oversold.
We don’t wait for a candle close, or a candle pattern or an indicator to turn or anything else, the algos BUY at market there and then and then exit after a few pips.

If the 60EMA and price is trading below the 200SMA, then you want to SELL the 200SMA if the RSI is overbought.

Now not every attempt on the 200SMA is trade, even if the the 60EMA and price is above the 200SMA and the RSI is oversold and price slaps the 200SMA. If we can see the 60EMA declining sharply or at least very close to the 200SMA and pointing downwards, then its best to cool-off and sit it out, as this tends to lead to consolidation, or reversal in trend. Reverse for non selling trades.

Now when you do BUY OR SELL the 200SMA based on the guide above, then you should place an automatic stop loss of 21 pips. Your obvious objective is to at least achieve a 21 pip target goal, but trail the stop as the trade progresses and you will often catch double, triple even quadruple the risk.

One last thing on this simple little strategy, if after entry price does bounce of the 200SMA but a few candles later it moves the other way and closes above/below the 15 minute 200SMA, don’t be afraid to close out the trade early and take a lower loss than the stop would provide. Just cut the loss short and try to let the winners run by trailing the stop.

CLEAR SET-UPS

TRADES YOU AVOID

Just like anything else, trading carries risk, and this system is no different. Loses will occur, so control risk and use proper money management when applying this or another system.

Despite the negative and hatred breeding posts from the trolls past day. Is everyone finding my posts/thread easy to follow and educational so far, or am I wasting my time as they are boring and not helpful?

I try to make the explanations and examples as clear as I can so that you peeps from all different backgrounds and learning levels can understand, so just let me know where I’m going right or wrong to keep me on track or change things.

My view is written on the chart:

Finally starting to see some movement to the downside on the Aussie as the 200 Hour SMA gives way, but for how long, the 1.0400 is near term support. Our first target objective is 1.0380-85.

I don’t think that the negative posts were quite as bad as all that - I absolutely see where you are coming from conceptually, just people are a little touchy round here recently following a few bad experiences, so maybe they dived in a little clumsily rather than trying to breed hatred. But I see what you’re saying.

Anyway - for my part yes, I found all of your posts easy to follow and educational, really good stuff. I would be astonished if anyone found the information presented so far boring and unhelpful! From what I have seen so far I think it is anything but.

ST

Andrew I just read the thread and I dont really see anything to negative directed at you. But then I will stay out of that. There has been some events here that have left a bad taste in members mouths. So dont take it to personal unless they are correct. What Mrchilled is a relevant question to this trading method.

Now other than that your system seems decent hope you continue and keep it clean. Welcome to the boards

My first posting on BP after reading many threads over last year.I congratulate u for ur imput,very clear+educational unlike most l have read.Keep up the good work for l will be most grateful to learn what l can from your knowledge.p.s l to have recently become quiet doubting about the validity+strength of candle signals.

Hello Simon and Bob,

Personally I thought the 2 posts were fuming as they call it on these forums, I don’t want to ignore anyone. so before I did that I went to both peeps profiles and did a quick scan through their recent posts and more, and came to the conclusion that they seem to do this kind of posting a lot. So with that information I decided to use the tools I have at my disposal, and that is to ignore them. I have done this to keep the thread clean so that followers of the thread don’t have to troll through countless posts with negative or bad vibe posts in order to find the educational stuff.

The thread is about my methods, not me, nor anyone else, its purely an educational thread for learning some methods I’m willing to teach.

I totally forgot about the one question that mrchill actually asked about the methods. And thats the relevance to the MA’s on Sunday data.

I want my MA’s to calculate all the data including Sunday, there is not a real major difference in the final sums that would deter me from not using it. Thats my preference, and its what works for me.

Hi mk9, thanks for following, appreciated.

As I said at the start of this thread, I don’t really take much notice of candle patterns as they tend to be a market makers blue print for running obvious orders, and also creating a false sense of security that leads a lot of retail traders into a lot of positions/traps. There is a lot of market making algos that take advantage of such things.

Thats my opinion.