Ex Professional Traders Guide To Swing/Day Trading

GBP/USD coming along nicely after the hourly 200SMA test. Market currently back above 1.6000 handle at 6010, booking some of the profit and moving to cost on the remaining position. Would like to see the 6020’s before closing out in full.

My AUD/USD Update:

1.6028 is good for me on GBP, fully closed out of position now. I also binned the AUD/USD, it just wont get moving, limited my loss on it to -5 (1.0430)

Thats me for the week peeps, I will be in and out of here tonight and over the weekend if you want to blast any questions my way.

So lets take a look at some pairs from today based on the little 15 minute 60EMA/200SMA day trading system I posted today.

More Charts

[B]I recommend that you start off trading this simple system with low stakes to get used to pulling the trigger there and then at the 200SMA based on the rules/guide I have outlined on the system post.

Once you have gained confidence doing that and like the results, then move up the stake ladder to your normal risk tolerance.[/B]

your system looks promising. If I may ask as I have not seen it talked about other than it varies on price action. How do you determine your stop loss and take profit levels?

Also do you look at other forms of support and resistance other than just the 200 SMA?

All in all I will be following along. I might even try it on demo for a bit.

Hey Bob,

I use support and resistance, trend lines and fibs when doing the higher time frame stuff. On the 15 minute system I have posted I tend to just trade the actual MA move, normally the first move of the session as thats where [B]some[/B] of the algorithms are sitting in wait that I know of.

One of the UK trading floors has an algo which trades the 200SMA as well as other MA’s such as twin 55’s on the first touch of the session regardless of what support & resistance is in the way, the algos enter and exit high volume in seconds which causes a short term pause/move. Once punters/retails see an MA hold as support or resistance after the fact, they tend to buy/sell which causes some more momentum in the market all because the algo bought or sold there in the first place.

The 15 minute system I have outlined here looks to take advantage of both of those occurrences, firstly your trading the algos move right at the MA, and then staying with it when the retailers then enter the market later on, once they start to enter, you should really be trailing that stop locking in profit ready to exit as more retailers enter the market, before more algos kick-in and perform a squeeze play.

In terms of targets and stops for the higher time frames, its all down to support/resistance.

For the 15 minute system, the stops is a hard 21 pips, there tends to be no target as I prefer to trail the stop with that to maximize the move and let it run.

Hey Andrew… just a note to inform you that I have indeed accepted your challenge sir. :5:

[B]GLGT[/B] :57:

It’s good to see Andrew back, I was a bit harsh in my first couple of responses but I was getting right into it. I do understand the time thing though.

… :38: …

babypips should be renamed 4brainpips…no matter what anybody comes and says there is so many idiots that believe this horse

Excellent.

Are you ok to start in the new year?, there is not much point starting now as I will be on holiday for 3 weeks come mid December.

YadaYadaYada, same old, same old.

Before passing comment, educate yourself in the methods and give them a try even if its a demo account, if the methods fail you, then at least you are in a proper position to dish out criticism to me or my methods. Until you actually test drive the methods, then your just uneducated in the teachings and not in a position to pass comments on something you have not learned or used.

One last thing… Grow UP!

This sounds very familiar. Seems David Jefferson is back under a new name. The video on previous thread is using voice changing software but at times the Scottish accent comes out!! Welcome back David Jefferson??LOL He was back a month ago on FF scamming others too. He seems to come back all the time using new names!!

£200 To £100,000 @ Forex Factory

Cheers

Jeff

Swing Trading? - YouTube

WARNING I HAVE BEEN PUT ON IGNORE BY ANDREW I GUESS I UNCOVERED HIS NEXT SCAM I HOPE BABY PIPS KEEPS MY POSTS AS A WARNING TO OTHERS!!

I think the more negative reactions (which I dont think were quite as extreme or attacking as you made out) are because there was a thread by someone calling themselves David Jefferson which was a very convincing scam.

Some people lost money.

More people lost a lot of time which could have been spent on better and more productive activities. Such as watching paint dry.

For me, the way you deleted all the posts from the first thread would prevent me from spending any time trying to learn this method, I would never know if the material was suddenly going to dissappear.

But I will watch the thread with interest to see how it all turns out.

I sincerely hope you prove my suspicions wrong and turn anyone who does try out your method into wildly successfull and rich traders but as someone who was quite involved with the Jefferson debacle there are just too many similarities for my liking.

All the best, stay safe everyone
Slip

sooo then, D… Andrew I mean, isn’t it about time to show us your car?.. let me guess… a porsche (yellow maybe?)… or you prefer something more spacious… aston martin maybe?
take care :slight_smile:

p.s. I know, I know… the ignore list… ciya

should be great fun to watch, but I dont think you’ll make it until then :wink:

Afternoon

Just took a look at the thread to see more silly remarks from paranoid people. I have no idea who Jefferson is, nor do I care who is.

This is my thread, and it has been started in order to teach some of my swing as well as day trading methods I use. If you want to make comments on the methods then by all means feel free, but if your only intention is to make silly remarks and accusations, then don’t bother posting here, as all your doing is hijacking a thread that has a purpose of education.

If you have been stung in the past by people, then sorry to hear that, but don’t tar everyone with the same brush, and don’t hijack peoples threads just becasue you want to have a rant.

I will be asking the BabyPips mods if they can clear the trash out of this thread.

Afternoon slipp,

My thread wasn’t started to try and turn everyone into successful and rich traders as thats an impossible task IMO.

The scope of the thread is to offer methods that people can maybe use to enhance their trading, or at least change their trading for the better, even if its only a small amount.

The methods I’m already showing here should help people make better decisions at the least, and they can then build on that.

Fair enough. Sounds like a sensible plan.

Of course there is a very easy way to stop the naysayers once and for all, you could simpy post a link to some kind of facebook, twitter, linkedin account that is yours and has been active for decent amount of time (2 years+ say).

That way no-one will be able to further question your identity and you could concentrate on what matters without further disruption.

If you didn’t want to publicly post you could PM some established intermediary who can be mutually trusted by all parties, Simon Templar, bobmaninc, yunny1, ICT, a mod, etc.

Just a thought.

**** EDIT - UPDATE 02/12/12 *****

I have now been blocked me from this thread for merely suggesting an option that could be used to allow Andrew to conclusively prove who he was, shut all the doubters up and get on with what matters.

I have to ask myself if this is the action of someone who is genuine and the answer I keep arrriving at is no.