Forex Growth Bot

Here’s my status so far:

Again, this is an EA that I have created, trading a $10k FXopen demo account :slight_smile: I currently have it trading 6 different pairs (so 6 instances of my EA running at once).

sell 1.3057

closed @ 1.2926 +131

nice RDK looks like some serious potential. I hope it works out good for you.

forex growth bot only trades eur/usd 15min time frame. I suppose I could try it on other pairs bu right now I will stay with Eugene’s recommendation to trade EU only

for the week I am +300 pips

*I would also like to say that for what it is worth. Pips in themselves are not as important as % gain/loss per trade

I will have to figure that out. Typically I would risk 2%-5% per trade depending. Thus far the winners are at least 50% greater than the two losers this week and in two instances less than half of the winners so I don’t really now what my r:r is yet or my profit factor. I will try and put that information together but as of now as a crude guesstimate I would say

R:R looks somethng like 1:1.93[B] Based on average loss versus average win[/B] So this is not a true number just me playing with values right now. As I have more data the numbers will become more accurate

so based on a 1:2 r:r then I would say this week’s growth would be between 6%-15% depending on risk (2%-5%)

That’s good to know you are +300 pips so far! Yeah, I agree DD and return on investment are important things to consider. I am going to be tracking my pips up and down and stuff like that using zulutrade, I like how they show the high and low for each trade so you can get a ballpark for certain things. As my bot gets more sophisticated through my programming, I’ve seen it making better and smarter trades. But the thing that stands out most is my eurusd gains (also M15 timeframe) as they are large and haven’t given me a loser yet.

It’s just the first day for me, you have almost a whole week ahead of my trading :-p Once I hit one week I’ll be calculating my stuff for you.

I’m giving this one a go too… just don’t have as much time as I would like to build the account, so will have this running when I can’t trade.
Will be posting my results too, when a trade finally gets placed :slight_smile:

I’m giving this one a go too… just don’t have as much time as I would like to build the account, so will have this running when I can’t trade.
Will be posting my results too, when a trade finally gets placed

Welcome to the thread. I wish you great success. When you post your results please let us know which broker you are using. In case I didn’t mention it I am currently using fxopen to trade this one. Im just a little leary about withdrawing funds I have heard a couple of bad things about these guys closing accounts and things like that but I will definatly keep everyone posted.

That’s good to know you are +300 pips so far! Yeah, I agree DD and return on investment are important things to consider. I am going to be tracking my pips up and down and stuff like that using zulutrade, I like how they show the high and low for each trade so you can get a ballpark for certain things. As my bot gets more sophisticated through my programming, I’ve seen it making better and smarter trades. But the thing that stands out most is my eurusd gains (also M15 timeframe) as they are large and haven’t given me a loser yet.

It’s just the first day for me, you have almost a whole week ahead of my trading :-p Once I hit one week I’ll be calculating my stuff for you.

Thats awesome. I wish I knew how to program. Im interested to see your results. Your results so far seem really good. Keep us posted

Yeah, sometimes I wish I couldn’t code. I have learned I think 5 programming languages now and have done more than just worked on my EA. I have also created a rooting program for the Droid (soup or root), programmed various small things for computers, and even a basic anti-virus for my workplace. The thing I hate most is a space where it shouldn’t be; those silent ninjas will kill you looking for them!!

Anyway, I’ll keep it on topic :wink: My EA closed another trade a little earlier, +7 pips. My 4 open positions are as follows:

AUDNZD sell @ 1.3095 -18 pips
GBPUSD sell @ 1.5569 +26 pips
USDJPY sell @ 83.05 +5 pips
EURUSD buy @ 1.2924 +2 pips

Hi
I just started forex growth bot this week and I’ am testing it on a live account that is running on a vps
Buy on 1-3 closed on 1-3 for -31 pips
Sell on 1-5 closed on 1-5 for -35 pips
Sell on 1-6 closed on 1-6 for 18 pips
Sell on 1-6 closed on 1-7 for 66 pips
Sell on 1-6 closed on 1-7 for 131 pips
Sell on 1-7 closed on 1-7 for -42 pips
And open trades
Sell on 1-5 currently at 255 pips
Sell on 1-5 currently at 255 pips

So as it stands right now the growth bot is up 107 pips in closed positions
and up 510 pips in open positions

I will try and come on the end of each week and post the weekly trades.

Mikey great results so far. What broker are you using? Also welcome to babypips.com

Good results Mikey, I’m loving those open positions but just be sure they close super positive and don’t get too greedy! :wink:

My EA closed another trade: sell GBPUSD @ 1.5569 closed @ 1.5558 +11 pips
Total PnL: +187.73 pips
Trades won: 13
Trades lost: 3
Time running: ~18 hours

I’ am using Broco for my broker
I have been doing alittle checking and my wife had restarted the Broco platform as I have a signal service running an ea on the same account and it showed an error so she restarted it just a few hours after the bot had opened the two sell orders that are still open. In there Instructions it says If you restart MT4 while a trade is open, Forex Growth Bot may lose control over that trade
once you re-open it back up, thus it may be ideal to close or monitor any open trades if this occurs. So at this point I’ am not sure if the bot is watching these two trades or not. There was not much of a retract in price so I do not know if it would have closed yet or not. So to be safe I should close the trades and start over when the market opens back up.

Its not possible to backtest the 2010 or something?
By the way, there are so many webistes offering the bot, I dont even know which is the right one. All these websites seem scammy. Where can I get the bot?

My first post here, I usually hang out on forexfactory.

Its not possible to backtest the 2010 or something?
By the way, there are so many webistes offering the bot, I dont even know which is the right one. All these websites seem scammy. Where can I get the bot?

My first post here, I usually hang out on forexfactory.

here you go. BTW welcome to babypips.com

Forex Growth Bot

welcome :slight_smile: How long after you started it did it start trading? I started mine up near beginning of London session on 01/07 and it never made a single trade. Eugene (the programmer/seller) said it could take a couple days. I’ll see what it does next week. I might just move it over to a VPS, will have to check with markets.com (where I have my account) to see if they support that.

RDK,

Those results looks good!! Are you willing to share your EA with us?

Green.

I am currently looking at this Ea which look quite good. But something really weird tells me to stay away for the moment. If you look at the trades report there is one trade on the 18th of November which could have lead to a massive drawdown :
sell price 1.3600 on the 18th and exit on the 1st December at 1.3071 with 0.05 lots.

If you go back on you chart you will find that on the 22nd November you were looser for 178 pips and after that the prices goes down to lead to a benefit.

Virtually you were looser for around 90$ on a 250$ deposit so 40% potential drawdown :eek:

Is that a good money mangement lol

Additionally this is the biggest winning trade on the report which helps to end to a nice equity curve.

I am gonna follow your own report to get your feedback and feellings about his ea.

Regards

This EA Ok looks good doesn’t it, now time for reality FOLKS!
Go to their website and download the 8year Strategy tester report!
What do you see well I’ll tell you:
From 13/02/02 to 05/04/02 there are 32 losers on in a Row Ouch!!
From 28/01/02 to 09/05/02 there is a running DD of 45.8%.
I hear people saying ok these things happen so what it made a nice profit after the 8yrs and continues to do so on the live statement RIGHT well WRONG!
Let’s look at something here shall we.
Firstly yes 2002 was a long time ago but it counts remember the rule what has happened in the past can happen again PERIOD that’s why we back test RIGHT!
Secondly take a close look at the lot size on that back test its 0.1 ($1) against a $2500 starting balance, and the current live statement is using 0.05 (50c) against a $250 starting balance that’s 5 times bigger, because if they had deposited $2500 on the live statement 10 x $250 that 0.05 lot would be 0.5 ($5) 10 times more, are with me so far?
So now let’s look at that 45.8% DD again based on the current lot size against balance on the live statement that would be 5 x higher 229% which makes the system this EA uses on current lot size untradeable, so those results are not a true reflection of a realistic return over a long period, to make it a tradable EA those lot sizes should be set 5 times LOWER @ 0.01 (10c) against the $250 balance and hence the returns are suddenly not so impressive!!
Over the 8yrs the returns average out @ around 16% per month with a running DD of 45.8% and don’t forget the 32 losers in a row I don’t think those stats are very impressive do you??
Sorry to be a party pooper but I’m sick of these sites claiming they are selling a Rolls Royce and providing a Mini yes they both get you from a to b but if you choose to drive the Rolls it will run out of Petrol before you reach your final destination more than once as well!!
And remember to maintain the monthly % returns you have to compound your lot sizes (increase them against your balance) so that 229% DD will always be a risk, even with the right lot size a 45.8% DD is quite a high risk to make a miserable 16% a month, in my opinion anyway!

well guys I appreciate the input. In reality my threshold to turn an ea off is far below 32 losses in a row. In fact after 5 I would cut my risk down to much lower as I wait to see what is happening. Also I don’t marry an ea. If it stops working I stop trading it period. It is hard to tell when this is but what I do is I use it as long as I can and as long as it is profitable then when it starts to tank I look to stop trading it.

A perfect example is forex morning trade. I am in love with this robot and to preface this I realize December is thin markets but so far she has suffered loss after loss by her 4th or 5th loss I have cut my lot size down to .1 when she starts winning again I will increase my lot size and if she doesn’t I will get rid of her. Even though I love her I will pull the plug.

The markets are dynamic and I don’t expect a repeat of 02 however I would be remiss not to head your warning and be watchful so thank you and I do hope you continue to post here. Babypips is a great place for us to get together and talk. Also I would say that with my account I try to always practice sound money management and i agree with you his lot size seems a little high to me. I am going to go though his trading statement and try and figure out his average loss size to calculate a proper trade size based on my account balance.

I am currently looking at this Ea which look quite good. But something really weird tells me to stay away for the moment. If you look at the trades report there is one trade on the 18th of November which could have lead to a massive drawdown :
sell price 1.3600 on the 18th and exit on the 1st December at 1.3071 with 0.05 lots.

If you go back on you chart you will find that on the 22nd November you were looser for 178 pips and after that the prices goes down to lead to a benefit.

Virtually you were looser for around 90$ on a 250$ deposit so 40% potential drawdown

Is that a good money mangement lol

Additionally this is the biggest winning trade on the report which helps to end to a nice equity curve.

I am gonna follow your own report to get your feedback and feellings about his ea.

Regards

I am certainly going to look into this and see whats going on here. Thanks for the heads up.