Forex Growth Bot

I’ve had a very good week with FGB on demo and live accounts.

Live - IBFX AU - ping about 62-100ms average - profit last 2 weeks 10% - on 0.03 lot size on $500 account
Demo - Pepperstone - ping about 6-20ms average - profit last 2 weeks - 36% on 0.1 lot size on $500 account
Demo - Think Forex - ping between 180ms - 220ms - profit last 2 weeks - 76% on 0.1 lot size on $500 account

what I dont understand though is why Thinkforex made much more profit than the other 2 when it has by far the worst ping from my VPS. Is this something that can be explained?

I’m still deciding whether I should switch my Live account to Thinkforex.

i still find when FGB loses. it loses and loses over and over again.
When FGB wins, it wins big.
Quite the opposite to many other bots.

since 1.30.2012 which is when I restarted fgb it has been basically break even. overall -33 pips and -0.63% and a whopping 28% win rate :smiley:

But I will let her go and see what happens.

[QUOTE=johnnykanoo;235399]Well guys I am going to test a new ea live starting monday. it is called Forex Growth Bot. Please understand I am in no way affiliated with these guys and I am not selling anything.

I am simply going to forward test this one on a live account and see how she does.

A couple of positive things.
First she was created by the same folks that brought us Overdrive whic is easily my favorite ea at the moment.

Second they have provided investor access to there live account which shows me they have nothing to hide.

Third they seem to be kicking serious a$$ so I am excited to give it a whirl.

For some reason the investor password isn’t working anymore???

I have added this widget from myfxbook…

how to setup this EA?

Growth Bot has been pretty slow overall for me this week.

“And if only I had done so last night as well I’d have +$100 instead of -$100 as I had 3 trades hit stop loss I’m trying not to interfere with any EA…but i’m starting to form the opinion that if a trend kicks off in late US session and FBG hasn’t taken full profit I’d do it manually.”

Oh, interesting

It would have been a good week if you closed out the trades manually…
Im starting to believe what Hamno said last week… can’t be too greedy.

And if only I had done so last night as well I’d have +$100 instead of -$100 as I had 3 trades hit stop loss :wink: I’m trying not to interfere with any EA…but i’m starting to form the opinion that if a trend kicks off in late US session and FBG hasn’t taken full profit I’d do it manually.

enghow, everything setup related should be in the manual:)

Agreed Hamno :slight_smile:

BTW - Has anyone though about changing the ProfitTarget setting to lower than 0.5 to try get FGB to close out the profitable positions earlier?

Can somebody post a recent backtest result please? Thanks.
Besides that, some people say EA is for the people who are unrealistic, lazy and noob in FOREX and only want to earn quick money. They say real FOREX traders do not use EA. Are those true?

Thanks,

Nice trolling attempt,

Head over to myfxbook and do a search for forex growth bot, you’ll find a number of real money accounts running it and you’ll find more useful results than a backtest.

Hey guys,

Im new here but been following this thread for a long long time. With all the EA’s that you have tested out would you recommend FGB right now??

Im thinking of purchasing this and testing it out for myself. Just needing some guidance here please :slight_smile:

Any help would be appreciated…

Cheers

You dont want to make quick money !??? LOL

Some people trade manually, some people like EAs… whatever works for you might not work for another.

Well of the various eas I’ve run since the start of the year this is one that I’m happy to keep. If your just starting off I’d set this one on a relatively low risk setting(aka how many lots per $$$ you set it at) since this one can really swing an account if you set it higher.

I’ve been running Forex Growth Bot on a live account for about 6 months.

It struggled at first and I almost turned it off, however in the past 2-3 months it has been doing really well.

You can see my live statement at MT4i - LiveForexTrading.info Recommend EA’s - FGB

This was a pretty good week for me with Growth Bot! How about you guys?

"Holy lot sizing if your down 26 percent from this ea. This week was a bit of a roller coaster, big gains and big losses that had me closing out the week 1percent up. FGB really is optimized for longer term results vice avoiding short term drawdown. I’m just getting used to this but I still intervene manually from time to time.

Have you tried backtesting with wavetrailing on or off? I’ve read on another forum that it’s not generally recommended…even with the somewhat friendlier josef settings.

FGB giveth…and taketh away."
Yep, could be so

For me it was an average week. :slight_smile:
pretty much started with a few losing trades… then no trades until the final hours of the week,
then some pretty good wins at the end.

But overall FGB is still a winner for me

Hey guys I am sorry I haven’t been keeping up with this thread. I have been so busy! This ea is decent but I don’t know if it is a great first ea. having said that I totally agree with Hamno

This week was really bad for me…
2 lots fairly big losses at the end of the week…

Thing is they had the potential to be solid wins but again FBG doesn’t close winning trades early enough.

I’m unsure how the settings actually work, the manual is pretty hopeless at explaining.

Does anyone use the Wave Trailing method ?

Does anyone understand how the Profit Target actually works and calculates when to take profit?

Again, I think I have to monitor the trades closely and just take the profit and not be greedy.

I could have been 44% up from initial balance this month, but right now im down 26% from opening balance.

Holy lot sizing if your down 26 percent from this ea. This week was a bit of a roller coaster, big gains and big losses that had me closing out the week 1percent up. FGB really is optimized for longer term results vice avoiding short term drawdown. I’m just getting used to this but I still intervene manually from time to time.

Have you tried backtesting with wavetrailing on or off? I’ve read on another forum that it’s not generally recommended…even with the somewhat friendlier josef settings.

FGB giveth…and taketh away.

Have they updated this EA?

“Did anyone else notice how well this bot is doing lately? I swear I love when she hits a home run! I had 6 sells all close in profit for a total of 368.4 pips and nearly 2% to my account. I’m considering increasing the risk a little.”

A very similar trend here

Did anyone else notice how well this bot is doing lately? I swear I love when she hits a home run! I had 6 sells all close in profit for a total of 368.4 pips and nearly 2% to my account. I’m considering increasing the risk a little.