Forex Growth Bot

johnny,

if you were to recommend 1 EA to buy, which one should i get? im reading thru this thread and the smart fx technology thread and i dont know which one to get. i would love to be able to chat with you.

Yes, noticed this in my case as well!

"Im going to be getting this ea but I am unsure of which broker to run it on. Please could some of you that have been having success with growth bot let me know which brokers your running it on and why! I would really really appreciate any and all advice as Im new to the forex world and am very egar to learn. Thanks for your time and input. Have a great night!!!"
Let us know how it goes

Im going to be getting this ea but I am unsure of which broker to run it on. Please could some of you that have been having success with growth bot let me know which brokers your running it on and why! I would really really appreciate any and all advice as Im new to the forex world and am very egar to learn. Thanks for your time and input. Have a great night!!!

Kaleb

I’m running it on Pepperstone fairly successfully.

I’ve been trading it for over 6 months now. Not huge profits, but it does ok.

Check out the performance - MT4i - LiveForexTrading.info Recommend EA’s - FGB

I’m also forward testing a number of other profitable EA’s. Check out my website if you would like more info.

Cheers,

Nick

It’s been running fine on my hotforex account. I don’t think this ea is particularly broker dependant due to its use of the 15m time frame.

how is it doing hamno? any myfxbook link to see?

Overall since I started 01 Feb 12, FGB is up 420 pips with a long win % of 45% and a short win % of 37…so its not easy to trade but when it wins it tends to do well with an average win of 39.29 pips and an average loss of -21.27 pips. Part way through I went for the Josep(Josef?) settings since I’m willing to live with a overall lower profit in exchange for a reduced drawdown.

What exactly is this Josef setting? Can you tell us more?

I’ve always been told default is best for this bot…

The Josep(/w a p, I looked at the other forum) settings were optimized by a member of donnaforex to achieve lower overall drawdown. They do produce less profit however.

So, [B]default is more profitable[/B]. But has a bigger drawdown.

And the “Josep settings” are less proftable, but have a reduced overall drawdown.
You’ll need either the power FGB to use them though, the settings are:
3/60/3/0.36/0.17
wavetrailing off
smart exit off

The reason I switched over is that i’m willing to accept lower long term drawdown for what I see as a better profit/drawdown ratio, especially since I have other EAs on the account that use the global balance for calculating lot size.

i bough the basic thing today, but i dont know if i can install on several demos before going live.

anyone can shed some light on this?

nah they answered me. only one license.

:frowning:

thanks

Hi guys,
Who does use Josep settings? Are you happy with them?
Who does not and… are you happy? Do you use 100% default settings?
Does someone knows the maximum DD so I can set my lots accordinately?

Thank you !

Hi Johnny,

I see you are everywhere in this forum. so from your experience so far. which robot is the best to go for? cause i got the megadroid and is hardley trades?

Thank you

hi there,

are you testing other robots? which robot is the best so far?

This was a pretty good week for me and my growth bot so far. Total +51 pips. Nice. No, this one was not actually on default settings. Was tweaking a bit. Hopefully this bot picks up in the future. Really high hopes for GB

Really? I had almost only bad trades. Are you with default settings? Thanks !

Also a bad week too!
Monday was good… rest was not so

Hi Johnny,

I see you are everywhere in this forum. so from your experience so far. which robot is the best to go for? cause i got the megadroid and is hardley trades?

Thank you

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently

All my robots suck!

no just kidding :smiley:

Actually my favs are…

smartfx
magic-champ 2
megadroid
wallstreet
and of course forex growth bot

sometimes its a love hate thing with these ea’s. it is not as easy as some people think to trade with robots. In fact psychology plays a huge roll as well as money management.

I keep a diversified portfolio and I always test but its hard to tell sometimes when to pull the plug. For example I pulled the plug on fgb but in hind sight it was a mistake. drawdowns do happen and some periods last longer than we wish.

fyi I am testing Thor-2 and I will probably start a thread on that one too.
Talk to you guys later,
john

Hi robert211,
No, I’m currently only running two set of bots on a live account; forex growth bot and both the smart fx’s bots.
In total I’m up 11,44 % for the year :slight_smile:

I also got the MPD bot, but I’ve put it on a demo account. Looks like its glory days are gone… pitty realy, it was great entertainment when it lasted. MDP combined with growth bot almost doubled my account last year, before taking a dive that pretty much wiped all profit…

Keep on pippin :slight_smile:

Edit; you can view my account here Bot account System | Myfxbook

hi hell what a drawdown!, what happened, fgb lost control over trades?

and are you guys trading fgb with a trailing stop ea? it kind a makes me nervous with that loose control when mt4 crashes. :confused: im just testing it and it isnt doing partuculary well.

im running live:
kangaroo
smart fx combo (disabled by now)
forexreal profit
magic champ 2 pro

testing:
smart fx combo
forex real profit
forex growth bot

Aye, that drawdown is tnx to FGB and MDP wrecking havoc with my account when the markeds turned sour in August and September 2011.
Funny thing is that none of my bots have lost controll of any of the trades, it was the marked the bot couldnt handle :frowning:
The smart fx bots didnt go live on my account untill October 2011.

FGB is right out of the box, no additional settings. Smart FX bot has some minor size tweaks, basicly those pairs that do well trade larger positions. Loosers get smaller positions. Semi monthly review of performance and re-evaluation of sizes. Have worked pretty well so far. MDP have gotten the boot to demo division, but I have no or little hope for its days to come back…

I got my account on a VPS that I check every morning and afternoon through Myfxbot. If I see the ‘updated’ exceeds 5 mins I know theres something fishy and log on to the VPS. Only happened 3-4 times so far, and thats due to the VPS provider…

So pretty hassle free trading machine, hope it will do well and pay my next vacation pretty soon! :slight_smile: