Forex Price Action

hi johanthon. just joined your course and still getting a feel of it. got into the AUDUSD and NZDUSD on demo acct to get a feel going forward. trying to master where the FSA/FRA is so i can better manage my trades :slight_smile: so far both in profit and at BE now.

Steo, go and introduce yourself over in the members introduction on the course.

I personally didnā€™t take those 2 trades but post them up in the forums and we can have a look at where those FSAā€™s should be (or at least where I think they should be, haha!).

Bryce.

Hey Steve,

yes as Bhops said go over to members area and the forum and then the price action setups thread. I canā€™t stress enough just how important this is as everything and all setups are covered and especially FRAā€™s and FSAā€™s. I will not discuss managing trades or FSA or FRA in here as unfair to you guys. As you you know difference between most PA trader is in how they manage the trades.

I also didnā€™t take this trades but thatā€™s all covered in there. Go and read the last 5 pages or so and if you really wanā€™t to see whatā€™s going on read the whole price action setups thread as this will show you all the lives setups of the past. That will show you exactly how to do it.

If you have any probs please email me direct rather than in here and I will help you out ASAP. Feel free to send charts and setups to discuss if you feel that would help you also.

Safe trading,

Johnathon

Sorry everyone else. Just trying to help like I try and help everyone in here.

Commenting on the EUR/USD shown above.

My charts for EUR/USD weekly and daily are as below

The weekly trend had been downward, then pulled back to an important S/R, and a 2-bar reversal has been formed.
Seems the trend will in high probability move downward in the coming week(s).

Regards,

Thanks for the video Johnathon (PA story + next trades), insightful!

Hey steo

Im looking forward to your posts in the forum. I to got in NZD/USD, PAST my FRA, now im in risk free and riding it. :57:

TOO many SA?

Bearish pin an Aussie is trying to break lower. This is not for me but interesting to watch all the sameā€¦

[/QUOTE]

1 Like

[/QUOTE]

Nah, just im in another USD trade and coming into NFP this week that is more than enough!

What you have just described is very common and sums up a lot of traders.

Many many traders fall into an all too common trap. They begin by learning one indicator. This gets them one winning trade or enables them to pick the market direction correctly once. They then are convinced that if one indicator could help them pick a winning trade just imagine how many winning trades they could pick with 1,000,000 indicators! familiar?

If only they realised how simple and uncluttered it really could be. All the stress they go through could be avoided and all the headaches from hours spent wasted in front of a computer for nothing!

All the while what they fail to realise is this: The market goes up and down because other traders all over the world either buy or sell which makes the price go up or down. No matter how much you learn about the market or how much you study it doesnā€™t matter as you can never know what all the other traders will do. Make sense? Not many people think of it like this. Thatā€™s why I laugh when I hear someone in a forum say something like ā€œthis will happenā€ or " that will happen" etc etc. So they know what all the other millions of people are going to do all at once?

It is this same reason that the system that is 100% accurate does not and CAN not exist. It is this same reason why one trade may work out one day and another trade that looks exactly that same may not the very next day. No two traders will do the same thing in the market twice. So while the traders did one thing in the first trade they are not going to be there doing the same thing in the next trade. Making sense?

In saying all that we can make money of noticing patterns that repeat themselves and at the same time protect our downside by also following these patterns.

You will lose. I will lose. So we might as well get over it and minimise it when it happens!

Safe trading,

Johnathon

For the people who took the NZDUSD this has gone lower nowā€¦

will do :slight_smile:

NZDUSD doing well :slight_smile:

Well Played!:wink: As posted above when the low of the pin bar was broken price really got a move on lower quite quickly. This can be quite common.

Question I have got is where are people looking to take profit on NZDUSD? now it has hit support? It is still looking bearish and if this support breaks price could go a long way lower??

And also the traders who opened both the NZDUSD and AUDUSD, did you take two half trades to equal one trade or just pick the preferred trade of the two? Or did you take two full positions?

NZDUSD Daily chart zoomed out

Iā€™ve been thinking about this over the last month and my philosophy is to take profit and wait for a price action signal to decide what to do next. It is a conservative play, but waiting for a continuation/reversal signal would provide a higher probability trade than keeping a trade open and hoping for the best?

The only alternative I can think is to really tighten up your stop loss (maybe within 10 pips of support) and give price a chance to break support. You only risk a handful of pips, but if support breaks, you are looking at a very attractive R:R ratio. But this requires babysitting.

I am not sure I understand. So how do you take profit? And how do you manage trades? Can you please explain a little more?

Sure. ATM I would place my TP just before the next level of resistance/support. This is a trade I had placed just recently on the GBPUSD using the daily TF. The inside bar was located around a resistance level, and itā€™s breaking would signal a good continuation or reversal, depending on which side it broke. When it broke on the short side, I placed my TP just before the next support level. It just hit my TP. My thinking is that I would now sit tight and wait to see what the market does around this support level? BTW I really appreciate this thread and Iā€™m waiting for Paypal to accept my top-up before I buy your course. :slight_smile:

Hey guys

Here is a trade on GBPCAD that had me interested but did not take as PA did not make a big statement.

After a big drop, price retraced to 50% fib and resistance, there was no BIG obvious PA. I also saw allot of possible interference (FSA) with the trade.

Keep an eye out for AUD/NZD, price at resistance and possible pin reversal.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the heads-up Spongybob.
Thereā€™s a big pin-bar on the H1, and price had started going down (struggling through first support area now)

Nice thread Johnathon!!! Keep on the good work. This how I trade SIMPLE PRICE ACTION.