Forex Price Action

Correct me if I am wrong but why does your chart say EU D1 I think you meant cable (GU D1)

I may not be a senior on this thread but I would personally sit that one out. Looks to me like price is rejecting off that support possible higher low may have formed meaning a short term retracement might be likely.

Hello Steve,
We noticed your conversation here. Just wanted to drop a line regarding real account trading from our software. TradeInterceptor is connected with FXCM and traders can use DEMO and LIVE accounts to trade them from inside our software. The procedure to do that as well as our services for live traders with FXCM are completely free. If you consider to make that move please contact our accounts department for us to be able to assist you. You can find our contacts inside the app.

Best regards,
Darin
Customer Support
TradeInterceptor

Isnā€™t this a bullish two bar on usd/chf

What time frame do you have for USDCHF Wigglez. Canā€™t quite see it when zoomed in.

This is what you dont want to do! You want to limit ā€œjust taking tradesā€ so that overall your trades you take are successful to taking some trades you trade because you havent in a while.

Whoops sorry, its 4h. My short is based on daily

Not quite a 2BR just a bullish candle if the body would have finished at the top of the whick then you would have a 2BR

thanks,

I can rest a bit easier about my daily short. I think I should stop watching the 4h while my daily works itself out :wink:

Anyone else take the CHF/JPY trade?? 90 pips in and locked in some profits. Moved SL to BE

Hi guys and gals, i just took a trade on CHFJPY 4H some hours ago, and added more positions as i felt confident. It went wildly with my favor. Dont want to show off but itā€™s nice. The train has gone too far. JUst wanna thank to Mr Johnathon and you guys always contribute useful infor. :slight_smile:

I was short this one based on the weekly TL but got taken out at BE when the NZ news came out last night. Looking for another short entry for a potential longer term position that might take out the recent low (about 600 odd pips) Iā€™d be careful holding any longs on this one.

YES! Thank you Bigd. I entered the CHFJPY last night after reviewing the chart you posted earlier. Although I shouldā€™ve checked what the general feel was here before exiting!

I sold half position at 83.710 based on resistance on the 1H. And held on to the remainder to around 84.100 for an additional 40 pips. 100 pips total.

I was feeling as though it was becoming pretty overbought. And thought I may wait now until it makes a retracement and watch for PA on the 4H as I am still Bullish. What are your thoughts? Was it a mistake to exit and try to enter again, am I over trading?

Thanks for the help Bigd.

I took a daily breakout of a reverse H&S last week with the FTA being the confluence of RN .9500 and the 38.2 which is where the pin formed (and why). If the pattern holds as support at the HCR (highest close of resistance) where the red horizontal line is then I believe the PIN may have reached itā€™s target. If the reverse H&S does play out then the minimum upside objective would be around .9600/50% ret (nice confluence!). On my feed I had the neckline at about 0.9400

Letā€™s see if the neckline holds as support and we get another retest of .9500 and possible further upsideā€¦ Just my view :slight_smile:

I took the same one. I think it will have a minor PB soon and hopefully some more bulls come out to play.

Me personally I tend to stick to the TF I made the trade on. As long as there is not a STRONG and OBVIOUS counter price action signal I will handle my trade management in normal fashion. We dont talk to much about specific trade management in here, but you are new and Iā€™m sure you have learned from this trade that there are more pips to be had.

Try to give your trades a little room to work and stick to your trading plan. You still made some profits though which is always good, but the downside of looking for another PA signal on the PB is that sometimes PA signals dont occur and the pair can begin moving up again(leaving you bitter because you knew it would PB slightly and take back off :31: )

P.s. it may be a little overbought now meaning there may be a minor PB but we are in on the trend and I dont see a major swing-point on the horizon so Iā€™m going to ride this one out.

I agree I got in on this trade at the BUEB and was tempted to get out but stuck to my stop loss I have now taken 50% profit and moved my stop loss to break even 130 pips up at the moment

Lets see if we get a pin bar for short entry in the next few hours

The news release created a bunch of pin bars. Do we trust them if they close like that?

If it closes like it is right now I would not take it.

EURUSD forming a bearish pinbar now on H1 and H4.