Forex Price Action

you are shorting an uptrend, only works when you have a tried and tested CT opportunity

EJ TP reached

ok so basically as long as we buy in strong support area, no matter if the engulfing bar is that long, it is ok?

That wasn’t a valid beeb, price needs to close in the final third of the candle in the direction you are trading, bur the stronger the close the stronger the setup, this candle showed obviously that lower prices were being rejected. Also price never broke the low of that candle so you shouldn’t have been in anyway.

Have you been through the first 50 or so pages of this thread at least as all the basics you need can be found there

Steve

GBPJPY240 – see how this candle closes; 80 pips to next R

edit: set-up didnt unfold, will leave this one

Strong sr is important but so is buying or selling from a value area like I explained in my last post. You want to be buying from the low of the swing so your trade has space to move into, and be aware of trouble your trade may run into on the way up and plan how to deal with this accordingly before you get into the trade!

I can’t go too much into detail on trade management as that is members stuff, but if you go through this thread there is more than enough information here to trade profitably.

When I get home ill post some charts for you on a+ engulfing bar setups to show you what to look for :slight_smile:

Steve

Its an engulfing bar but we don’t just look at the one last candle to see if we enter a trade or not. We need to look at the whole PA picture. Type of market, trends, key levels etc etc

Not all pa signals are created equal. If you enter every EB you see you will fail.

Most importantly you should never have been in the trade.

Please go back to page 1, post 1 and follow instructions if you wish to trade PA using what we do.

Johnathon

The bigger the better.

A lot of new traders want to find the small signals. This is because they think the smaller the signal, the smaller the stop and bigger profits.

The problem is the smaller the candle the more decision it shows. Fir example if you get a small BUEB it shows that the bulls were in control but could only move prices a small way due to sellers fighting and keeping price in a small candle range.

Compare this to the massive Bueb that shows bulls were in complete control and moved the market a big way. This shows bulls had more control over the bears.

When it comes to reversal signals such as pins, 2 bars and eb’s the bigger the better. The bigger they are the stronger get ate and more momentum they have.

So whilst you will have smaller stops on small signals, you will lose far more due to entering signals that are more indecision candles. Instead we want signals that show a clear and obvious edge in our favor.

Johnathon

thank you for you guidance, i think i need to do some homework before enter any trade next week…

Looking for this pair to close this way later:

How about this, is this a valid pinbar to short?

GBPAUD is valid IMHO.

There is a larger downtrend, Resistance and Pinbar.

I would say that it was in a downtrend but is now ranging. The resistance point is good but the pin bar is not formed properly in that it does not stick out proudly from the surrounding candles. But the 3 bars taken together show pretty strong rejection of the resistance level. The initial entry point was missed based on the current candle but it is now back up in the correct range for entry. I’m not in this trade as I’m in the USDJPY at the moment. Not sure if I would be in this one or not but would consider it. Also don’t like the fact that it would mean being in it over the weekend.

Russ

The action of Forex price level is so good. Here we can buy a currency or sell a currency. By selling or buying currency we may got a large number of profit.

there’s a good chance gbpaud will close daily candle as a bearish pinbar too

Well… Even with my jumping out of trades too soon at near BE, I managed to hang onto a few by distracting myself.

I came out ahead this week 2% risking .5% per trade. It’s hard not to think of what if I was full risk. Would’ve been around 6%. If I hadn’t have bailed out of those other trades, would have been a lot more.

You guys are still looking for trades through the weekend?

Nice one wigglez that’s good trading and return for risking .5% per trade! Be trades are not to be worried about, protecting capital is important, the main thing is to plan exactly what your going to do in a trade before your in and stick to it, the worst thing a trader can do is get into a trade and get emotional messsing with stops and targets etc, or worse still have no plan at all!

Keep it up!

Yeah, that’s the problem though. With those BE trades I didn’t stick to my plan. I got nervous it would drop and cut out early, only later for them to hit my TP.

Well they wernt losses and it’s all good trading experience, and also proof we need to plan our trades then trade our plan and stick to it!

Good luck for December!

Steve

Closed gbpaud. Not holding through the weekend.

Guys I’ll post here the setups of this week. Some were very clear and others worth the discussion about it, wich is very good.

First is EURJPY. I know some traders took this one on H4 (an optimized entry for D1 IMHO). I’ll print here the D1 setup. Hope this help others.