Forex Price Action

Howdy

Did you take the doji bar with the arrow? Have a look at what PA we trade, doji isnt one of them

What KHL was it rejecting?
Did the PA stick out compared to preceding bars?

You GOT to have a trading plan and stick to your rules.

Cheeers

PB 1. Does not break into previous candle
PB 2. Does not stick out enough

RMc

The first pinbar did close within previous candle

No prob. We’ll wait… Good night

How much is “enough”? How do you quantify it?

Okay so in the members forum we did discuss the first pin when it finished and I discussed why it was not the best setup. Whilst I am not going to go fully into what I said in there basically it is about the PA story and not just the last candle.

If we look at price before hand we could see price had rolled over low. Price had made a double top and also a lower low. Price had clearly began to roll over to the downside. Then we had a super large bearish candle that went on to make a fresh low. Then the pin formed. The problem this setup had was if it was to move higher it was going to have to against this recent momentum and the old support which would look to hold as new resistance. Now if this pin was bigger and more commanding it would have been much better, but trading this was not a high probability play because that smallish pin had to go against all the recent bears.

As for the second pin, that is not a Pin we would ever trade. If I have to explain that to anyone they need to study the first lot of pages in this thread again. Can someone else please discuss why we would not play that setup and why it does not meet the criteria for a Pin bar???

Please do not fall into the trap of thinking it is okay because it worked out. That does not change the fact it was a low probability setup. As we always say even the very worst PA signals from the worst of area turn out great some times. It is over time that they do not have an edge on the market.

USDJPY 4HR CHARTS
[

](http://www.ForexSchoolOnline.com)

Safe trading,

Johnathon

Sorry, I meant to say the main body.

Pin is too high and didnt form at swing low :slight_smile:

Hi all,

Thank you to all contributors to this thread. I am reading it wih great interest.

For the first time, I opened a Eur/CHF chart today and noticed this pair pair had a lot of “quiet” PA… so I am not sure that PA also applies here. Could anyone say something about this ?

Seconly I noticed this Pin Bar on daily chart, for now it looks like a very good one, am I right ? I draw resistances from Weekly chart.

And, I would have an other question. On the first page of this thread, it is said that fxpro and pepperstone are valid broker for PA trading. I opened an account with both and the chart is not the same ?

Check out the time frame of your charts then compare and secondly i don,t think so your first chart is a valid set up .And remove that moving average line below your second chart because in PA we you just need simple clean charts)
Thanks)

I thought the rule of this thread was for it to close within previous candle, not just the previous body.

Yep that’s correct.

Hello) Below is the 4 hour chart of ZARJPY and it looks like we had an awesome short entry for this pair the bearish pin bar closed at 10.14 and after that the market for this pair is still bearish.Just one bullish candle stick is appearing but it,s too early to say that bullish pattern is going to start.(And sorry for the mistake i put S&P instead of S&R )

Sorry and thanks wigglez

Hi forex4worth

I am from South Africa and would not dare try trade any pair that has ZAR in it!

Good luck to you though in future.

Any specific reason for that?))Is your economy crumbling these days if yes then shorting it against strong economic currency pairs is a good option?Well it doesnt matter anyway because in PA we dont put any emphasis on the fundamentals behind currency movements.

Well I am not Spongybob but I think the answer is the fact that the spread is massive. With my broker it is currently 33 pips compared to a pair like AUD/USD which is 1.5.

Do the maths, obviously not worth it. There are 25 other pairs or so that all have spreads under 3pips so why put yourself at a disadvantage.

I just had a look at Oandas’ spread and it is 95pips on USD/ZAR.

I agree. Spread is massive. Most exotics have high spreads.

“Vi veri universum vivus vici.”

The main purpose behind sharing that chart is to understand the price action regardless of the spread costs associated with it)I can understand but my broker has just 5 pips for ZARJPY .And by the way which broker are you using oh my god 33 pips its too much for a standard account with 100,000 currency units? Guess you are using a mini or micro account.

If you dont understand that its an exotic pair with crazy swings and high spreads then by all mean go ahead.

As for “we dont use fundamentals” I think I know that, lol.

As for chart purposes, please re-read the thread as your levels market are not KEY LEVELS.

Well im at it, I cant for the life of me understand your logic behind your chart example.

What PIN bar? The tiny one you have the arrow at?
What KHL is that so called pin rejecting?
Does the PA candle stand out compared to preceding bars?

Sorry you amuse me telling me “we dont use fundi”