Forex Price Action

I have an account with ATC and they only have one account. I am guessing it would be called a standard account. I am looking at the spreads of Hotforex, Oanda, Alpari ECN and Pepperstone and all of them have spreads over 45pips.

Who is your broker if you don’t mind me asking that only has 5pip spread?

Maybe he cant see the ZERO after the 5 :54:

Please stop me from overtrading.

Well if you are not sure than check the size of one lot or contact your broker.I am using instaforex but 1 standard insta forex lot is equal to 10,000 currency units i guess thats why the spread is low.

Hey what i did so offensive which made you so rude and angry? We are here to learn not to criticise each other without any reason.Go and see with your own own the spread is 5 pips you nutt case moron lol

Well i am a new bie in forex so tell me what are key levels?
Look at the direction of the arrow and you will easily see the pin bar guess you never saw an arrow before?For more information contact the people around you who use arrows for killing monkeys in african jungles ))
Again a new bie question what does KHL stands for?
And yes i think you are right it should stand out .
What is fundi?

I know it is a standard account that I have I was being sarcastic:)

I will stop talking about brokers now as its not what this thread is about, but according to MyFxbook the spreads at Instaforex is 244pips for USD/ZAR. Even for EUR/USD it is 20pips.

Anyway best of luck and I hope you learn as much from this thread as I have. In fact this is the only thread that I really bother reading on Babypips.

How? Should I come and tie you to the chair or lock you inside the cage after 2-3 trades?

You are the master of your mind. Only you can help yourself.

“Vi veri universum vivus vici.”

Is that pips or points? Sounds like points to me

Hahaha)) Man could you please tell me how long ago was your fxbook published? Currently the spread for USD/ZAR is 120 pips and for the EUR/USD its just 3 pips and they are fixed spreads.But still pairs like USDZAR are not worth trading.Thanks and yes this thread is really helpful thanks to johathon fox)

Pips and points is the same thing.

Almost. Points are also known as “pipettes”. 10 points equals 1 pip.

“Vi veri universum vivus vici.”

thats pips.

Last night UTC+1 so a few hours before market close. Those spreads are directly connected to the brokers. Maybe something not correctly working with the Instaforex connection. Any way moving on…

Okay so firstly some house cleaning for the thread.

I have seen many threads on this forum go to poo with name calling and basically rubbish. Name calling or flaming will not be tolerated at all. If you cannot make a post without reverting to putting someone down do not post. This is the last time I will say this. This is for everyone to learn in a friendly environment. This is not aimed at anyone but this will be enforced.

The last 3 pages are full of rubbish about brokers. If you have questions about brokers go to the broker aid station in this forum. of course the odd questions here and there is fine but 3 pages discussing the spread is ridiculous.

It seams I say this every second day, but it becomes very clear when people post and have not read the first 50 pages or any pages at all. What tends to happen is the normal contributors get peeved because people expect help when they won’t help themselves. To help even more you can read phils note here that has shortcuts to a lot of things found here:[B]Shortcuts to Price Action info[/B]

Safe trading,

Johnathon

Forgetting pips spreads or whatever and just looking at the chart; I am confused by this and have a few questions.

Where is a bearish Pin Bar to go short? (you may want to go through the first lot of pages and rehash on the pin bar and how it needs to look to be valid)

KHL stands for Key Horizontal Level. On your chart from what I can see price is in a range. Ranges have highs and lows which are the support and resistance for the range. In this range we would only want to be shorting from the high of the range which would also be the KHL. That level is going to be around 10.25 looking at your chart.

Lastly the main reason people do not trade pairs such as this is not so much because of the spread but because of the price action. A quick look at this chart will show a chart that is just choppy with no clear moves and a lot of gaps. this makes it extremely hard to trade successfully from consistently and there are much better pairs and instruments to trade with.

Safe trading,

Johnathon

Who caught the obvious and large false break Pin bar on the daily chart of silver?

If so how did you manage?

Silver Daily Chart

Hello johnathon) Thanks for the link and explaining those terms for me it really helped me out.Now i am comming towards your questions.
Actually i just started to post charts after editing them before this i never edited a chart and i just used those little arrows on my MT4 ,sorry for the creating the confusion for you.The bearish pin bar is the one next to the standoff candle with just highs and lows without any body.I am daily reading your thread with great interest currently i am at page 25.
And yes you are right that chart is lacking any clear direction but i am trading on a demo account so i dont care much i am putting all this in my learning.And finally any suggestion on how to create big arrows for editing charts for educational purposes?
Thanks.

Has johnathon and anyone else here ever took an overnight position using this price action system?How safe it would be to sleep after opening a trade after putting stop losses or targets or is it necassary to sit infront of a screen while trading for managing your trade?Kindly share if someone did trades this way.
Thanks.

That’s still considered a swing point?

1 Like