Forex Price Action

Where was your tp supposed to be Eddie?
Anyways,

active managing of the trade is as important as your analysis prior to it. it’s the way i see it, but thread op might give you a diff solution. hope this helps.

btw, what do you guys think of usdjpy on weekly and daily chart…is this huge uptrend close to death or no?:23:

In line with recent trend. False breakof recent resistance.

Hi buddy,

I’m no dudest, but I get your problem as I was/am in exactly same place - hesitating and seeing FSAs everywhere and they put me off getting into market. Just keep posting and asking questions. Not every single one will get answered, as you can see - people are here busy with their own lives and sometimes miss post or two.

Back to subject.

AUD/NZD
As per below screenshots:
D1: after breaking 1.25 it was fairly easy to assume the next trouble area would be 1.24. As it broke 1.24 through that movement (long arrow on H4) that we are looking for, we hope for a retracement (short arrow) to previously assumed daily trouble area (1.24). Bang, we got retracement. What’s next? We hope for a PA signal to what? to go short with the main movement (long arrow). I assume you understand up to this moment and what causes your uncertainty is the pink FSA around 1.233 marked on H4 that this BEEB was trading straight into?

You just earned yourself a bonus points for spotting that - and it’s up to your trading plan to either take the trade or not - your rules. If you took it, you could then use FSA to manage your trade accordingly and move stops to protect your investment. I decided not to take it. No despair, there will be next one without such close and prominent FSA at some stage later on :wink:

As you can see from 2nd image, price has returned to 1.24 and if you would not have moved your SL to BE, you’d be on a small loss at this moment…

AUD/NZD D1

AUD/NZD H4

EUR/USD H4
How is it different from the above?
It’s not very different to me.

Imagine long arrow (movement) from outside of the image up to very top (forgotten to mark it, sorry), and then small arrow (retracement) from top to the significant level 1.35. Then BUEB, but what put me off this one was that long wick to the top meaning sellers were active at the end of this 4h period meaning: either (a) there might be more down movement with next candle or (b) generally more sellers during next one; and what does it form? A PB rejecting FRA and putting you straight into loss.

But price manages to break through it, although second-RA appears to be stronger, in my opinion mainly as it was acted on by that small consolidation before the main peak and rejected as support by the very top indecision candle - so twice, not once - as the FRA - which sends the price back down again.

EUR/USD H4

Bear in mind.
If managed correctly - both trades could be exited with some profit. As Jonathon mentioned - some traders finished on BE, others with small loses, some with profits. It’s up to your trading plan and trade management techniques - you can make a winner out of poor signal, but what is more important, you can loose a good signal too if not protecting your capital when it should have been protected.

Regards,
fil

Hi guys!

I would just like to ask if you’d take this trade? AUD/USD H4 CHART

It’s with the recent trend on the 4hour chart.

Any input is highly appreciated, thank you for all your help! :slight_smile:

Hi all . Just seeking advices if I have placed my support and resistance correctly and if the pin bar is the right setup for a trade since it was at the support line .

did you take this trade??

Bearish not Bullish , i don’t like

I personally think it was a relevant and relatively good support zone though the PB is not so convincing for me. I would not take this setup :slight_smile:

USD/JPY Bearish??.. Probably one of the strongest BULLISH pairs around at the moment.

Hi guys. Today I spot a two trade opportunities whoes I want to share with you.
The first is CadJpy.

1. Buy at RN - 92.000 and old support
  2. The trend is up
  3. We have BUEB
  4. FRA is great

The second is GbpNzd.
  5. Down trend
  6. BEEB
  7. BRN 1.9000 + Resistance level

Please comment

Trading into a lot of mess. Hard core range in play with no clear trend playing out.

Would not surpise to see price move higher into 1.4025 but got to get through a lot of mess first.

If you are looking for help in this thread please be kind enough to post charts as per everyone else with all the ema’s and indicators etc taken off including trend lines.

As for the Pin; no it is not a pin bar. Please go to page one and take time to follow what post one says.

Johnathon

Dear Johnathon,
What do you think about this setup?
Is the arrow pointed count as a PB? I am asking this because the close price is not close to the lowest price.

thanks a lot
EJ

No.I didn’t. I second guessed it and missed the nice move i decied the pin was not an A+ pin. That hurts to see but Jonathans advice is only A+trades so on to the next i would hope he would comment, probably will. I cannot believe the amount of time he has freely given to this thread His tutoring here is gold.

Hi EJ,

I am also learning the ropes to this PA so please pardon me if I get this wrong. :slight_smile:

The PB that you’ve highlighted in your image doesn’t fit the description of a classic PB. Although it sticks out and was successfully resisted, it seems, the other end of the PB is too long.

I’ve attached your screenshot but with some arrows to show you what I think a PB should look like. Pink arrows are classic PB shapes but not valid PB according to the OP. Green arrows are valid PBs (I hope I get it right).

Cheers!

P.S. The left most pink arrow is an example of an invalid PB because it doesn’t close within the previous bar.

Edit : Apologies, the right most green arrow is an invalid PB as well because it didn’t close within the previous bar.

I can’t see it very well, but it seems to me like you shd consider tp right about now lol…U got a support at 1.8790…Doesn’t mean it wont continue falling tho…U make the call

good trade btw…makes me wish i was trading on h4 charts myself

I am sorry mate, but none of your pinbars is good enough to trade, better read at least first 50 pages and FSO free articles…

Hi Michael, not sure if you’re referring to me? If you are, I believe the left most green arrow is a valid PB and you are right, the rest are invalid hence the reason I used red arrows to highlight them.

I am still learning so please forgive my noobishness.

I don’t take profits on 1.8790 … I’m on BE on that level :wink: