Forex Price Action

Hi Birdcat,

I would not take this trade since I would like the pin bar to have closed below the open which it did not. Also it looks like a continuation candle to me. You have a very similar candle on the 28th of July on your screenshot. See how that one worked out? :wink:

I am writing this on my phone so I cannot comment on the support/resistance level you’ve chosen. If you’ve chosen one that is or did you just look for pin bars anywhere?

Looks more like an indecision candle to me on my charts, but considering the descending trendline, it will most likely go that way.

Not a valid pin in my book.

I’ll easily pass this one. The PA is way too small compared to the Bullish candles before it, and besides it’s just an indecision candle. Not worth to put my money on this trade.

As usual, I compare the possible pinbar to some of the previous candles. This one looks too small to be a strong reversal signal. It’s a no go for me.

Hey man, AUDCHF is engulfing bar but in a tight range. i traded that before and gone wrong, so i really dont recommend trading this type of engulfing. Trade those that reverse straight away.

For CADCHF, i think that a strong support is right below the close, so its a no go.

Jack :slight_smile:

Hey catbird,

Ill give some of my opinion. You S/R line should be roughly at where you enter your trade(green line). So the S/R was not drawn accurately. if you enter now, there will be a strong support below.

Jack :slight_smile:

All that’s required is that the [B]BEEB (or BUEB) candle fully engulf the previous candle[/B] (nothing about the open & close)

Great place to look for shorts.

[ ps: remember to remove indis from chart before posting ]

Hallo birdcat,

Where are your S/R’s? [ sorry, can’t make it out from your chart (dark) ]

Hello Adam,

when we say the Pin Bar has to close within the previous candle that means anywhere in the previous candle. That means the body or the wick or anywhere so just as long as the Pin Bar opens and closes within the previous candle it is good to go and we are not going to have to worry then about the previous candle then possible acting as a possible support or resistance against our trading against us.

See chart below and if you have any further questions let me know please:

CADCHF PIN BAR

Hello I do not want to put a link in here, but I have made an tutorial to help for this exact situation. Go to my site and go to Trading Articles. Go down a little bit and there is an article titled “New York Close 5 Day Close Charts” and this will explain exactly how to add the indicator and also contains the indicator for you as well as well as what to do with it etc etc

Hi, a newbie here. I would like to know whether an inside bar is considered as one of the criteria for an A+ setup with prices testing logical support and resistance or a psychological round number?

Another question, should we trade exotics like EURSGD, USDSGD etc… when there is an A+ setup?

BTW, i love this thread very much and i visit this thread almost every hour and hit refresh just to see some posters posting their setups. I would like to post some of mine but I am afraid I am not using Pepperstone but Oanda because i am still a student and money is problem for me.

Anyway, happy trading!!

On a side note, Pepperstone will launch MT5 beginning of next year. lol

Hi, you could just download peperstone demo account easily on their website.

As for trading inside bar, this thread do not discuss about it. We mainly focus on trading Pin bar, Two bar reversal, Engulfing bars here.

Just a suggestion, go to the first page and read every thing :slight_smile:

Jack

That’s it. I’m out of this trade as my SL got triggered just now.

If you see the chart above, there is a small arrow inside the box. My initial pending order was there. The irony here is just dudest just warned me several posts ago that Jon’s disciples always use pending order to enter their trade to prevent this kind of failing trade hit them most of the time. Now I truly understand why dudest said that after learning it the hard way. :17:

Another key issue as the cause why I lose this trade is my impatience. Had I truly followed what dudest said earlier, I would’ve put my pending SELL order AFTER the candle had been fully mature. When I see the candle with 2-bar reversal on its way, I let my greed consume me and put the pending SELL order right away even though the candle was still forming at that time. Had I been more patient to wait a little more longer, my pending order wouldn’t have been triggered at all and I could easily cancel it after seeing the price move beyond the resistance line. :28:

Sorry if this sounds like a rant, but I also start writing my trade journal this week and I really need to elaborate why I either win or lose my trade so that I could fully learn from my trade experience. Of course, you are all free to point out any other possible reasons that I have overlooked from my trade.

All in all, it’s two strikes already. One more strike and I’m out of my live account and back to Demos until I could show consistency in my trading.

well done wm for doing a trade recap on one of your trades. alot of new traders don’t even review their past trades / outcomes. your on the right path and the only way to learn is by making mistakes. unfortunately this doesn’t change your account balance but will save you $ in the long run. also make comments on your stop loss and if you followed your initial stop loss and point out the good things you did in the trade

Possible 2 bar reversal could be forming on US Oil on the H4 Intraday chart, am I correct?

Not with the trend, this pair is ranging and trend on H4 is up at the moment, but this 2 bar could maybe provide a place for others to get long entries after a small correction?

Adam

This is one of the best lessons you will learn… and also one of the best lessons I had to learn and the best lesson all traders have to learn!

THERE IS NO SHORT CUTS EVER IN TRADING. Every time you try to take them you will be burnt. You openly tried to take a short cut and were burnt. You knew you were breaking a rule. You knew you were doing it. I will be really blunt with you; if you can’t stick to simple rules, you are going to struggle in the long term to make consistent profits. The reason for this is; the markets have no rules at all. There is no one telling us when to buy or sell. No one to tell us how much to risk or how much or when to trade etc The only rules we have are the ones we make for ourselves. The reason a lot of people struggle is because they can set really good rules and plans but come a really tempting market situation there is no one telling them what to do and it is all up to them and they quickly stop following the plan and the rules.

Now with this particular trade something I think you are missing is a major reason you have to fully wait until the candle has fully finished forming is because you don’t actually know where the high or in this case the low will be to set the pending order. We need to wait for the candle to fully close and then see where that low is and then set a pending order for that low to be taken out. Often that low will not be taken out and we will be saved a full loss exactly like in this example where you should not have been in the trade at all.

A good learning example all around for everyone.

Safe trading,

Johnathon

Heya Jeff,

thanks for your comments Jeff that means a lot mate!!

Safe trading to you!

Johnathon

That’s one bitter pill to swallow, Jon. But I’ll swallow my pride and accept that as I really believe you really want each and every one of us to succeed in our trading career. I’d rather learn all my lesson early in my trading experience and found a solid-rock good trading habit right here, right now. It will be way too late if I instead make the occasional small win here and there with my bad habit only to learn the lesson of humility much later when I crash and burn without even knowing why things no longer work according to my trade plan.