Forex Price Action

thanks for your kind guidence.

I have 2 position on short

AUDCAD from 0.9575

AUDNZD from 1.14796

AUDNZD from 1.14796

GBPJPY D1

A trade I entered on Sunday night. 1st TP has been hit. I used the break through the VBRN of 150 as an opportunity to move my SL to TP1. TP 2 is at the bottom of this range.

Hallo bigcheefer,

Iā€™m viewing that middle s/r line as FTA (at which one can plan to do something).

Waiting for PA at the same level would also not be wrongā€¦

Cheers

I am also on board, my TP 2 is a little bit higher :slight_smile: What do you think, is it too high?

cool, cool, cool

Is this a 2 BR ON CADCHF D1

I have been pretty silent all this days. But Iā€™ve kept trading. And I must say thanks to Mr J.
Since I found this method and also my own trial and error, some books of reading. And the question and answer from YOU and all of YOUā€¦

In the past 3 month Iā€™ve traded 100 times, with an overall increase in capital of 30%.

Some folks are looking for 1000% increases on daily basis I am perfectly happy with my figures.

I am seriously considering joining the member life time with Mr J. And I want to clarify in any way I have any relation or vinculation with him before entering this thread.

But after a lot of mistakes and 2.5k lost in over leverage trading. Mr J, and his interactions here have been the best I could ever ask for. Because you can sense from someone whoā€™s actually on top of his trading week by week. From quite some time.

Also it was very useful the TrendRunner method and Cawoonga. I currently trade only PA, but have my profiles with this 2 other methods when I like to trade and there is no PA signal around in the pairs I trade.

So thatā€™s itā€¦ THANK YOUā€¦
Not everthing have to be a question/doubt/need for help.

Regards,
PipDom

I think 150 would be a good place to TP. A more conservative play would be a TP @ 150 and the final TP around 147.50. I am playing this one a little more aggressively.

Since 150 is a VBRN, and the market has reacted to that level in the past, but I donā€™t see a huge resistance on the chart that jumps out at me. The bottom of this range is really solid and defined, and I am shooting for that as my 2nd and final TP. If price breaks through and closes below 150 on the daily level, I may move my SL to 150.50, as the VBRN and previous price action should serve as a good buffer.

Thatā€™s what I call a success story.

Cheers.

i was reading the previous pages , This is a quote from mr Johnathon
"We only ever trade using the one time frame. If we see a trade on the daily we use the daily to plot targets and stops etc"

The question is , If we spotted a trade in 4h TF, should we check and analyst daily TF or not ? Definitely If we spotted a trade on daily TF , the 4h TF is not important anymore but what about the opposite ?

Thanks

Hi Iā€™m very new to price action trading and am working my way through the first 50 pages, but could someone just clarify something for me with pin bars ,I get the 3x wick length and the body of pin bar being contained within the previous candle body and being out in the open , but sometimes I see pin bars reversals whoā€™s wicks are above but with (green) bullish bodies, or wicks below with (red) bearish bodies are these still valid pin bars?
sorry if this is a silly question just trying to understand. Thx

Wohoo!! Good job on the gbp/jpy daily guys. Donā€™t know about you, but I didnā€™t consider the pinbar to be an A+. I would like to see the wick a little larger. But since the level had been much respected since april this year, I did open a fair position.
I havenā€™t taken any trades since mid/late june since I didnā€™t spot any, and the ones u spotted, I missed.
Really proud of myself for not jumping in for so long just to be in the market, and Iā€™m glad to be back in the game!!

Happy trading every1!

Cheers! :smiley:

Thatā€™s what I call overtrading :wink:

Sorry, maybe this is a basic question but I think we are here to learn and share knowledge.
I was wonder why you enter short on GBPJPY and a lot of people did the same. I saw the chart last Sunday and because the price has been ranging since June I didnā€™t take this opportunity (ļŒ). It seems I failed identifying the trend. Could you explain me how you saw the trend going south?
Thanks in advance.

Hey again,

I got the FTA wrong on this one. Price hit the (real) FTA and bounced up to SL above pin high.

Cheers!

Still in the AUDCHF.

Past 3 trading days (before today) price ranged abit. Hopefully the bearish slide will continue from today

If we spot a trade in H4, we DO NOT check any other timeframe. We plot SL and TPs on H4 alone.

So the mantra remains: we are ONLY concerned with the timeframe in which we have spotted the setup.

Cheers!

All other factors taken care of:

A bearish pinbar (i.e, formed at swing high) with a green body is STILL a valid pin, though a red body is more preferable.

A bullish pinbar (i.e, formed at swing low) with a red body is STILL a valid pin, though a green body is more preferable.

Whatever the case, the pin must close in the last 1/3ā€™d of the candle, in the direction we want to trade it in.

Cheers!

The problem with the indicator in MT4 that changes time frames is that we canā€™t pick which two candles to combine and this is why you are not getting the pin bar you want to see. Instead of taking the 2x candles that have already formed it would be taking the last candle and the current candle that is in the middle of being made.

Does this make sense? basically you canā€™t choose which 2x candles it takes and because there is always a candle being formed, there is never a set formation.

Ranging is also a trade opportunity :slight_smile:

Johnathon said here recently that most pairs range more than trend.

The bearish pin was formed right at the top of the range

Cheers