Forex Price Action

actually i went long? i bought at 1.39118 and stopped out at 1.40188.
I played the PB which occurred on 24th sept 2013.
maybe the indication of my entry and exit is not clear. i’m sorry for that. =)

is there anyway i can upload screenshots that others can click to enlarge it?

Ah, fat-finger syndrome. Believe me, mate. You are not alone with that syndrome. I even once accidentally removed my whole account from MT4 while my trade had been winning a lot! Let’s just say I was glad there was no sledgehammer nearby.

Consider that part of learning experience, and it also builds character. But of course, don’t do it too often, otherwise that [B]miscellaneous ‘business expense’[/B] will bite you back… hard.

The better suggestion is to please zoom your chart a little more before uploading it. Too bad Jing or any uploading software I know does not have the enlarging option.:frowning:

I cannot discuss about your MM, but another member can give you suggestion. I’m just confused that you put your stoploss above the entry while going long.

That’s because i used a trailing stop. before my first tp, the stop losss was fixed at the bottom of the pin. When it reached my first level of profit, i let the rest run with a trailing stop where MT4 shifts my SL up as the price goes up. so eventually, it got stopped out above the entry.

[QUOTE=“guardian09;545056”] That’s because i used a trailing stop. before my first tp, the stop losss was fixed at the bottom of the pin. When it reached my first level of profit, i let the rest run with a trailing stop where MT4 shifts my SL up as the price goes up. so eventually, it got stopped out above the entry.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for misunderstanding the position you took. I couldn’t see your chart very well. I’m on my cell so I can’t give a very good review of your trade, but I did notice you mentioned a trailing stop and wanting to quick comment on that. Stops really should be placed at strategic points on the chart. They are usually moved up to BE then TP areas. For the same reason you take profit(because price will run into resistance) at these areas make them good candidates for a stop loss as it should help keep your stops from getting triggered. This helps you keep an edge and hopefully keep your trade running for full profit.

[QUOTE=“wm247;545040”]Hey Krugman! You’ve officially become a Senior Member! Congratz, we are all looking forward to reading more of your contribution here in the future and beyond. :smiley: [/QUOTE]

Thanks wm, I didn’t catch that. That’s a great honor! I love discussing PA with the great group of people here. I enjoy the comradery and great learning experience. I look forward to our many more successful trades.

Oups, doesn’t look really good but as the man advised, I will have faith and won’t micro-manage or overmanage this one!

[QUOTE=“krugman25;545065”] Sorry for misunderstanding the position you took. I couldn’t see your chart very well. I’m on my cell so I can’t give a very good review of your trade, but I did notice you mentioned a trailing stop and wanting to quick comment on that. Stops really should be placed at strategic points on the chart. They are usually moved up to BE then TP areas. For the same reason you take profit(because price will run into resistance) at these areas make them good candidates for a stop loss as it should help keep your stops from getting triggered. This helps you keep an edge and hopefully keep your trade running for full profit.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that feedback! Noted. BE at strategic levels rather then TS. As shown in the picture… Price did go back in my favour AFTER I’ve been stopped out… It would not have happened if my stop was at BE. =(

oh well. Lesson learnt. Experience gained. Since it’s over I shall let it go rather then jump back in. :slight_smile:

Happy hunting!

One question to Johnathon and others, once you have an open trade, do you still go over the routine of watching every single pair every 4 hour meaning you will see your trade running or do you switch off for a while especially if in a D1 trade so that you don’t get influenced ?

Thanks,

Yves

Hi Yves,

the truth is, that thing highly depends on [B]YOUR[/B] own personal trade plan. Hence, I once again remind you here about [U]the importance of writing down a trade plan personally[/U]. Coach J himself only gives you one clear message about that: “Are you going to overmanage your trades into losers?”

Please read more at FSO website regarding the answer of your question:
Are You Over Managing & Micro Managing Your Forex Trades Into Losers? - Forex School Online

I tend to check out my pairs based on their timeframe, so a 4 hour pair about every 4 hours and a daily about once a day. Part of a trading plan is move stoplosses once certain levels are reached, such as TP levels. I want to make sure I get my stop loss moved as soon as TP areas are reached. I also close trades manually if I see major price action signals at key levels against my trade. These steps are all a part of the trade plan and require a little bit of screen time periodically. Although doing the things mentioned about take less than a minute to do. On daily signals I sometimes forget I even have a trade open and don’t check it for a long time, haha.

Thanks WM,

The question maybe wasn’t clear, I didn’t mean the particular pair on which you have an open trade but the rest of the pairs for further trades which means you will have to come across the one you are actually trading and it may get you then to over manage it or micro manage it.

lol, I wish I could do that ! Only possible on demo so far !

Yves

Just realised tAat it looks like an indecision on alpari but not on my broker (Fibo). There has to be some sort of error margin as there is no universal price. A lot of brokers are market makers.

hi this is my 1st week into price action and ive followed almost all of yesterday’s pa signals posted by fellow pa traders as i deem them as valid setups

ongoing trades:

profits: (ignore the xau trade)

took profit on eur/jpy trade earlier as pair had trouble breaking the 133 handle. made alot of pips thanks to contributing members! will try my best to spot n post valid set ups as well! happy trading!

Alpari does not use our standard NY Close chart, though, so you do not need to take a look at Alpari chart at all. The way we play it here, we set our trade up with our standard NY Close chart, and later we input the exact numbers in our live account. That sounds messy, but it’s not that crazy to do it.

If you don’t want to do that, then you need to consider opening a live account in any of our standard NY Close brokers.

Mate,

that’s really difficult to read. I highly recommend you upload your chart again using ‘Jing’ software:
Jing by Johnathon

Jing Tutorials

We’re looking forwards to reading your own A+ trade setups in the future!

Ok, didn’t know that but Alpari and Fibo have very similar chart, must be like 1h difference. I used to trade on Oanda and the difference is huge there compared to NY close.

Strange thing is BA sees an indecision bar which is what I see on Alpari but I see a nice Pinbar on FIBO. Is BA maybe not on NY close then ? or is it just a matter of different price or even spread ? (didn’t mean to do any advertisement or broker discussion, I am talking about PA signals)

Like to make it simple, is NZDJPY D1 yesterday’s candle a pinbar or an indecision bar on your chart ?

Thanks,

Yves

FXDD:

Pepperstone:

Definitely a valid pinbar on my NY Close charts.

BA? Care to explain why you define that as an indecision bar?

Better start than me ! I remember my first PA week, I took 11 Z- setups and ended up losing 100 bucks. Luckily it was on demo !