Forex Price Action

An A+ setup is something that has a high probability of working out. It is also a price action trade that meets all the criterea to be a good trade.

So you can have c,b,a trades etc and a really good one is an A+ trade.

This doesn’t mean they still can’t lose but they are a really good trade with a high probability of working out.

Johnathon

Hello,

have you read the first page through to about page 20? There is trade ideas, videos and articles that will help you.

Then if you have questions you can come back in here and ask away and hopefully you will have a little knowledge of what we do. It’s hard to help you when we don’t know which bit you are struggling with.

Talk soon,

Johnathon

Hello,

i have a question? I have visited your blog and see that You post some price action setups? Tell me please does this setups on your blog are only A+ or ??

Thank You

Hello Johnathon, I have spotted a Indecisive bar on GBPAUD daily TF. Let me know if this is a valid setup or not . Thnq

On my blog is a lot of things. I discuss relevant support and resistance and logical areas to take trades etc Very rarely do I post live setups on there as it’s not fair on members however if I have covered a setup in there than it is an A+ setup.

Johnathon

Hello,

I am unsure where you would have seen anyone in this thread trade such setups. I know I def have never discussed indecision bars for trading signals.

I am aware other price action threads trade these sort of iffy setups but in here we are in the habit of taking trades when we have a very high edge in out favour.

Indecision bar means there is indecision or in other words the neither the bulls or bears are in control. In here when we enter there is no doubt who is in control and which way price should go.

If we were to trade indecision candles such as this we could literally place trades every single day even of the daily chart.

I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that one of the biggest killers is traders A) trading to much and B) not being picky enough in their trade selection.

I can also let you know that whilst you can get away with trading these for a while over a large sample size of trades you will make it near on impossible to be consistently profitable. It is the same with inside bars. Yes you can make money with them but the problem with both inside bar and indecisions bars is they form so so often. Because they form so often traders get into a habit of taking all the setups. Whilst traders could make money regularly trading both these they get caught out trading all the setups instead of only trading the very best.

Will this go lower? I think it probably will and if it does it has a fair way it can go to. Would I ever play a trade such as this? no this is not for me. I only make trades when large edge in my favour.

I hope it does go lower for you!

Lastly please be aware that pin bar that form “inverted” like this (instead of sticking out they face opposite way) can actually be signals to other traders to go long. Just something to keep an eye on in future trades.

Safe trading,

Johnathon

What do people make of this Pin Bar on the daily AUDUSD chart?

Hello Johnathon, Thnx for the reply. It was really helpful.
Regarding the AUDUSD trade, am i right saying, we have to wait for the price to pullback and give us short signals to get along with the downtrend.

We don’t have to. We can mnoey going both ways…

But trading with the trend is highly advised and shorting in this markets from pullbacks would be a great idea.

Where would you be looking to short from? Where on the chart are you looking?

I will be looking around the resistance level at 0.9890 for the price to drop in some sell signals.

Hi

A possible level would be .9900, having said that its 200pips away and the pin bar formed is a big one.

Pins are great reversal signals when large and obvious so looks good to me.

Thanks

gs8888

Dont you get confused trying to apply Johnothans way of trade together with the other one by DnB price action??

When I go through his it honestly confuses me most times. Its not simple!

Johnothan im not saying anything bad, your system is just much easier to read whats happening in the markets

Nah. I dont get confused. Cause it’s the same price action after all, following the trend,looking for pullbackes with confluence of support/resistance, it’s all same for me. The only difference is DnB uses MA’s in his trading.

Hi Johnathon ! Sorry i haven’t been active lately but i’m still following this thread carefuly.

I’m confused, my AUDUSD daily chart has quite a different setup than yours…
Anyways, since the pinbar occurs in a stong downtrend it would be a bit foolish to trade long, i’d rather wait for a pullback and go short whenever a significant candle bounces back down from a nearby (doji res) resistance.

Did my analysis match with what you advocate or did i miss something?

Are you using the charts we suggest on page 1?

No worries if not but you will never see what we all do unless you do is all.

Just saw gs’s chart… now i’m really confused.

Here’s my AUDUSD daily chart (i live in france by the way, but use pepperstone)

Your not connected on your charts and I have a feeling you have not been updated for a while.

My charts are also pepperstone.

See the bottom right it has connection error. Until you sort this you wont get price updates.

Haha ok i see, yeah i haven’t been looking at my charts for some time. Problem solved :smiley:

I have attached a pic of your uploaded charts. See where my arrow is pointing? You need to fix this error. If you have problems PM and we will sort if out of here so people can stay on track.

Johnathon

No worries, all i need is a new demo account. Apparently doesn’t work on week-ends, so i’ll sort it out tomorrow. Thanks for the help !