Forex Price Action

well luck for me i played it safe as price just reversed on me! got stopped out for small gain. It’s hard to see profit disapper but i’m trying to get out of cutting winners short, I’m finding it a hard line and probably the hardest to gauge. I’m happy I survived it though.

Darth

Yes, you’re right.

It’s bobbed up and down for quite a bit, before finally exploding in volatility

Cheers

AUDCHF H4

Just entered the following trade based on the PB, I will probably lower my TP, though. Anyone care to critique the decision? Thanks!

Hi goldenfisher,

that pinbar seems smallish and more importantly, trapped within a bearish bar 4 candles before it. Two red flags already, so that means a no go for me.

You’re welcome, dudest!

Also check this link:
> Video :: Live Trade - EURUSD H1 BEEB

That also seems to be a broken link. So both video and post are broken. :frowning:

Another ones are under # The Pinbar:
–> Video :: Live Trade - GBPUSD D1 pinbar
–> Video :: Live Trade - CADJPY D1 pinbar

These two are broken, too. :frowning:

this PB formed as good support, but it is just an inside bar which does not have the tail stick out, it maybe work, but not a A+ setup, so i pass…( i just got +100 pips on this pair at long possition at the BEEB 4 days ago.)

Hey wm247, thanks for your analysis.

Exactly as I thought, a tiny PB after a big push down with quite some bearish momentum. I’m trading all the “A- setups” with a demo account to prove to myself that they don’t work and that I will burn my demo capital.

Hi Goldengisher,

Trading “A- setups” is very dangerous even with demo account, it will work sometime but with the hight risky, The very important thing is it will be your habit, the will lead your thinking when trade live, i was traped on this thinking for 1 year before, also traped in psychology when lost…i just get profitable when trade only A+ setup and let my brain rest almost time. Hope that it will not happen with you as i got before.

“One of the most dangerous thing in Forex discipline is not doing something wrong, but do something wrong but it works. Because you tend to repeat that in the future.”

Hi Claudio,

I think you might approach it in not a constructive way. I’m referring to trade less probability setups as a test.
As a matter of fact lots of them work out especially in a fast and easy to read market. Now you could look at test trading low probability setups
as a guide to anticipate market behaviour but capitalize on the high probability once.

Of course I am sure you have profound market knowledge and read price action story on the charts like an open book, and I want to simply
imply a note to your testing method.

I wish you the best.

cheers

Anybody has entered this trade?

Chart GBPCHF, D1, 2013.11.13 17:22 UTC, Multibank FX International, MetaTrader 4, Demo - MetaTrader Trading Platform Screenshots

Hi

I would not take this trade for two reasons. Firstly it has not formed at a significant support or resistance area and secondly there is a large amount of choppy behaviour to the left, which might prevent bullish momentum.

There is also no clear trend in the market at the moment, so I’d probably leave this one

Good luck if you’ve in this trade :slight_smile:

Will

Is this a BEEB forming on the EURGBP Daily chart?

Will

USDJPY is forming a wedge, waiting for a retracement to the bottom of the wedge and a buy signal there to signal a breakout. Any thoughts?

Will

I did, got stopped out for small gain.

Darth

it is but I wouldn’t trade it as you will be trading straight into support.

dARTH

Great job darthfrancis a win is a win, you get to do it again and this time you will make more.

I think you’re playing this wrong dude. Its been forming a wedge for most of the year. Personally I think it ready to break out and hit 100 again. But not going to dissect it here as we only play horizontal lines.

DArth

EUR/USD Daily IBs

As visible on the chart above several IBs have been lining up on the fibre(eur/usd).
There was a similar scenario not long ago in mid july. Where price upon break made a slow and steady move
in the direction it breached instead of an explosion.

However keeping an eye out on such PA stories brings us in tune with market behaviour.
There lies a sea of information in those bars!

Cheers

I have a good trade setup, on the gold D1.

2-BR at a swing low stopped at a KHL. Also to add a W1 is forming a sweet PB but there’s a couple of days till that plays out.

Darth
note. I’m new to IB’S and housing candles but I’m setting entry outside the break of the housing candle to be safe. Any advice on this subject would be appreciated. Thanks

This is how I’m playing it.

I understand what you’re saying Yumei (and someone else before you just the other day I think) and will definitely take it on board. Cheers!

Hi Kas,

thanks for your input. I certainly don’t have profound market knowledge yet and I am still only learning the language the price uses to tell us its story. I’m learning my lessons one by one and processing all the information from this thread in order to succeed. I should probably only concentrate on my tiny live account and trade micro lots on high probability setups.

Btw, do you think that the bullish 2BR that has just formed on the AUDUSD daily chart is one of those solid setups? It took place at a swing low, within the recent uptrend and rejected the BRN support area of 0.93. The negatives I can see are the size of the 2BR (it doesn’t really stand out from the rest of the bars) and the possible close FTA at 0.94.

Thanks again for your insight!