Forex Price Action

AUD USD… i wanna enter this but, it doest form a Pin, Engulfing or a DoubleBar… what do you think about this kind of setup Jonathan?

To be honest mate the fact that you even want to enter it is worrying. It’s not sitting at either a swing high or swing low, there is no PA to speak of, just a really really really easy pass.

I’m not sure if you could even class it a set-up.

Sorry to be blunt.

What I think you may be better doing is going right back to the first page of this thread (I know it is long) and re-reading it.

I would also advise going to Johnathon’s homepage and reading his free articles, charts in focus and taking a gander at the free videos and hopefully it will become a bit clearer to you.

Safe trading.

Phil I really like the area marked in your charts. Very clean and simple and great place to look for shorts.

here i found some samples on the second page

its the same thing and the only difference i found is the one that i post didnt form a reversal… like pin bar… and i just wanna ask whats their point about this… actually i pass this trade… i just wanna know your view point on this kind of setup.

If you mean is the lower yellow line you’ve marked a good place to play longs from, then yeah it looks OK. But as you have stated yourself no PA occurred so it really isn’t even a set-up.

Thanks… i guess i should take this trade on my demo for journal purposes

USD JPY D1

then when i look at H4 it has a pin bar forming…

Morning all,

What do you think about this setup? @4H USD/CHF

want to ask, if that setup still valid or not? i am confuse here…

thanks,:57:

This post got me looking at the daily on the AUD/USD. I’d think a nice signal to go long off the support / VBRN 1.0 seems like it could be a solid setup. Also happens to line up with 50% retrace of the previous downtrend… interesting. Anyone else agree?

Also, just curious, how many pairs to you all scan each day, and how often? How many hours / day would you say you spend looking for PA signals?

I’m starting to get into a habit of checking checking the charts about 4 times / day. Once in the morning just to see what happened overnight, not really looking for PA, then I check the 2 4 Hour NY trading candles mid day, and finally in the evening I look at the H4 again just for a look, and finish up with the D1.

The thing that takes the longest to me is determining the S/R zones, after that I find I can scan the charts in a matter of minutes for a setup. I spend the most time researching and studying how to apply this stuff properly!!

Thanks in advance for any replies / suggestions

Rob

same with pamboys09

pinbar? setup?

for this type of trading that is not a trade.
first if i am interpreting johnathon correctly the pin is not standing out above all other pins
secondly its not a proper pin…a pins body must close within the body of the previous candle.
it is at a swing high but anything could happen…it is not an A + trade.

hope this helps…i stand to be corrected.

Hi Sicnarf,

Mate I dont see any pinbar on my charts … Are you using NY Close ?

Cheers
HA

alrighty, thank you :slight_smile:

Hi, yes that’s pepperstone…

i think it just has to close within the previous candle not necessarily within its body(?)

Hi Sicnarf,

Sorry mate, Something wrong with my charts then. I will double check. Just in case if you would like to know more about Pin Bar… Have a read of this article written by Johnathon. (I think I posted couple of pages back).

The Pin Bar

Cheers
HA

thanks for that pips ahoy…keep brushing me up on this trading style …if you dont mind…i wanna lock it down proper.

We don’t tend to trade intraday signals at the start of the week as we like to see what the big boys in London and New York are gonna do first.

Aside from that the Pin is just way way too small to trade.

Sorry dude but gotta be frank with you. Yes we are with the trend and agreed that the pullback is nice but there aint no way that signal is big enough or defined enough to take the trade.

Taking these types of signals will amount to trading suicide and account implosion.

Not saying it won’t work in this case, but as Johnathon says over time trading these average signals will wipe you out.