Free Mentor-ship Program

I agree, so…plus three…

@speed bump

all we need now is those other 333,333 members to have their say lol

The thing is … it was [I][U]glaringly obvious[/U][/I] from this guy’s early posts (when he was clearly just trying to get as many trite, brief posts on the board as possible, without actually knowing what he was talking about at all) that he was here to promote something.

I replied to several of his posts, at first, explaining how wrong everything he was saying was, but that didn’t slow him down, so I quickly decided it was a pointless task because he clearly wasn’t even reading the replies.

Spammers like this are inhibiting some longstanding, contributing members from posting here, and driving them to other forums instead, where they don’t have this problem. That’s to say: [B]it’s damaging the forum[/B] - its membership, its participation, its traffic and ultimately its income, too. And apparently everyone but the forum’s staff can see that. Sorry if I’m “whining” (again!) but [I]that’s the way it is[/I]. :8:

The question is: is anyone willing to [B][U]do[/U][/B] anything about it?

Well maybe, But when I see that you few genuine and committed posters who have actually expressed your opinions here have a total of around 7500 posts between you, then I think that carries a lot of weight and credibility and that someone should be taking some notice of your views…

They won’t do anything until & unless enough members keep pressuring them.

Folks have 3 main options of contacting them to register their views & displeasure.

1. e-mailing them at <[email protected]>
  2. clicking on the report post icon at the bottom of each post…or
  3. clicking on the [I]contact us[/I] link at the bottom of each page/section of the website under their company links.

There are of course 2 very simple solutions to this consistently disruptive & annoying occurrence.

1. Permit only 1 new member introductory thread to exist whereby all new members wishing to post an introduction message are shepherded onto that thread. Branco & others like him would only have that available in which to spam & wouldn’t flood the forum every few days with thread after thread of repetitive bullsh*t. The management/mods would also be able to micro manage the activity more efficiently.

2. Simply disable that section from appearing on the what’s new/today’s post menu list altogether.

Like I said earlier; 99.9% of these characters post only once & then disappear. Yet the majority of members are regularly subjected to this sometimes multi-page spam fest week after week from a dodgy, empty vessel yet persistent marketer.

Thanks. Personally, I do the “report” option, and I quite often ask the moderators specific questions, [I]sometimes even mentioning specifically and really politely that I’d be grateful for a reply from someone to a direct question[/I].

The Administrator (Pipstradamus) told me directly - in a reply to a p.m., which I still have - that the policy is that the moderators [U]will[/U] reply to such direct questions; however, it doesn’t work, to put it mildly, because in all my time at this forum I have [B][U]never once[/U][/B] received a reply from a moderator to such a question asked in a “report”.

Understandably, therefore, the [I]appearance[/I] is that nobody cares, and that the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand’s doing. I leave it up to the reader to decide how that’s supposed to inspire confidence, and whether the forum prefers spammers and trolls to members who actually contribute something. :rolleyes:

Light only exists in contrast to darkness, sometimes you just need a troll hanging around to remind you what it looks like.

The thing is though, the guy just completely goes out of his way to avoid all the negativity directed @ him. If he was pure in his intentions, why not just address it all? Be honest and we’d respect you at least…

Quality over quantity; post count shouldn’t be directly correlated with one’s reputation. There are individuals on here who post some really intelligent content with <100 posts. Then there are guys with almost 3000 posts that haven’t contributed anything meaningful. Just look at MoneyNVRSleeps, guy doesn’t learn. :54:

He does have the freedom to avoid replying to posts that he doesn’t like. I’m not justifying his actions, but it is a public forum after all. Besides, you haven’t replied to my comments (and others) on your backtesting thread either.

Only one I’m aware of is the backtesting thread, which I deliberately abandoned and should have a very minimal impact on my credibility. The thread had nothing do w/ self-labeling as a “mentor”, and to be honest, I didn’t really have the strength or care to respond back to what you were laying out.

I saw your perspective and concluded it just boiled down to a disagreement in nomenclature. Not a battle I felt like fighting so I deliberately conceded. Fooey on me.

Bottom line is that in all actuality, if anyone on this site really had things figured out to the degree that they portray it, they most likely wouldn’t be here wasting their time. Including me.

So you justified it with no answer, but David can’t?

Not completely sure on why you felt it was necessary to make this remark (maybe to attack me personally?), but that’s a bit of a generalization. Believe it or not, there are full time traders on here. Despite being a forum geared mainly towards beginners, there are still many individuals who are professionals in the industry that visit.

I think we have succeeded at one thing: flooding this thread so that the original poster’s marketing strategy

has been compromised :slight_smile:

… I made nearly fifty educational videos, that I post on here,

and there are no gains involved… What if one day I (somehow)

got offered to join someone for a trading room online?

Would I not want to say: "Hey everyone, I, PipMeHappy, am

now getting paid to do my online analyses/forecasts… Here

is where you can find me [name of website]"…

I guess it would be natural for me to want to share that… I do not

think it would be ‘solicitation’, per se… but it is a fine line…

Sometimes I feel that there should be a commercial area in BabyPips

(there was talk of this, but I am not sure what is happening with it),

where people can advertise good services… Just like Jason Rogers,

who is a great broker support person and who is very active on the

forums here: he is from a verified source (FXCM) and is therefore

commercially linked, but that is okay… so it is confusing that

new starters in the business, who may want to advertise their

services (however small), may be told ‘no’…

It would help to clarify what constitutes ‘solicitation’, also, as

some genuine cases may invoke bans where they could be

former/current forum members and newbies who have turned

commercial and would like to sell a good product… Like Emeraldorc,

who used to do his own videos (like me) on YouTube but has since

joined hands with a partner to work as The Traders Club, so he

cannot advertise that on here… Which is a shame, because I have

visited their live trading room last year, just after it launched, and

I really liked what I saw in there.

Probably you’re right. That was never my specific intention at all (and probably nobody else’s?). However - rightly or wrongly - since so many of us clearly feel the same way, I have the bit between my teeth and have taken the liberty of trying to draw the conversation to the attention of the Powers That Be: [B]301 Moved Permanently :8:

Good post, Lexy!!!

I just finished reading this garbage thread, and I’d like to join the effort to get it shut down.
I think we can make this thread such an eye-sore that the moderators will have to lock it.

Starting now, I will post the following WARNING, after every new David Branco post —

Yes, this is why I [B]love [/B]Clint. Yes, 100x. Thank you. :cool:

Direct action…

Funny how the OP is still silent…

I appreciate your stand on behalf of fair play. But all I was saying was that if a number of long-term participants on this site who have regularly contributed here are all expressing a common opinion then the site authorities ought to take notice and look into the matter.
I am not the slightest bit interested in taking sides, only that this site is managed well. Trading is my only interest and helping others in developing their own. If issues are raised that question current practices here then i would hope that they get resolved quickly and correctly.

The warning is real, not a joke .