GBP/JPY Equity Building Profitable trading strategies

but worth mentioning is that once the daily swap went down as the interest rate differential between the Pound and the yen narrowed. But for sure you never could have made it through a drop from 208.00 down into whatever the latest low was down into 122. range.

I was doing a lot of hedging and trading abroad as most us brokers take advantahe of their clients. Even today I prefer my Arab brokers. And I prefer Iraqi Dinar to USD as my physical currency of choice. The Dinar can be add for cheap now and after revaluation, look out. Who is buying Dinar? 8% of the global population.

Once Dinar is Reinstated and revalued its going to hit the forex brokers immediatley for trading, the time to buy is NOW, from your local currency exchange. Here are a few I bought from: Dinar Trade (in California) and Dinar Banker in Atlanta. Dinar banker actually still allows you to option DInar for 10% down with the balance due in 30 days, if you dont pay in 30 days you lose your 10% and dont get your Iraqi Dinar, but if it revlaues before your 30 days is up the currency exchange (DInar Banker in Atlanta GA) will send you your change is USD. But be advised the USD is entering the day of hyper inflation, look at gold and silver, look at your receipts for groceries!

I also dont trade long only anymore, I trade the trend, Long term, medium and short, and I dont care if its going up or down, but we are near the bottom for sure and the topside looks more promising going into the future as Japan has a big fat nuclear mess to clean up and it may cost them a small fortune of ā€œrealā€ money

Granted;)

But in this thread is a hidden jem of a post that changed my approach to trading forever.

This has to be one of the most interesting threads Iā€™ve ever read.

To watch the carnage, and realize how dear the losses were, was rather moving.

But you are SOOOOO close to the holy grail itā€™s astonishing. I coupled a lot of the ideas that are given here with the wisdom and practicality of the Alternative Technical Templates threads. It has been extremely lucrative, no matter the mood of the market.

Thank you for that.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi Master Tang,

Can you kindly share how you coupled the ideas here with ATT threads? I had read through both threads but canā€™t seem to combine both of the concepts together. Your help will be greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

master tang - i havenā€™t been around lately & even then i have only been a contributing member for a short time; however in that time i grew to respect a number of members here for various reasons. you were one.

i say ā€œwereā€ because you have gleaned information from this thread & others & you think it is so special you will only tell others to find it their selves. did rrram2 tell others to figure this out on there own? did he tease people with information?

i am sorry for the personal attack hereā€¦ but telling someone to read a 387 page thread & reference other threads to learn what u did is not what these forums are about. its not even in the spirit of the concept of public forums - especially education based ones. we should be here to help, support, & improve one anotherā€¦ not boost our ego. are you planning on packaging all you have learned & marketing it as a holy grail so you can get paid on e-book sales? seriously? or maybe you want to be some sort of messiah instead of a master? funny thing about both of those positions is that they both refer to teachingā€¦ passing knowledge to the next. the true Messiah would have given this info freely. Even a ā€œmasterā€ would be apt to do so.

when i owned a martial arts school i charged just what i had to cover my living expenses/operation costs & save a small bit to cover unforeseen billsā€¦ as low as 20$ a month. whyā€¦ when other schools charged $90+/month? so i could pass my knowledge on to someone that would never have had the opportunity because 90$ was out of a families budget. what happened?.. i made about 100 kids happy & found some diamonds in the rough that became very successful practitioners that got sponsorships &/or opened their own schools, i was responsible for the success of someone that may never would have had it otherwise & i would have done it for free if i didnā€™t have bills & a family (maybe through FX trading i will be able to afford to do that someday). i even tended bar part time job to make extra money instead of increasing tuition by $10 a monthā€¦ i didnā€™t get rich monetarily but i became rich in accomplishment & serviceā€¦ something far more valuable imho.

again - i apologize for my attitude - perhaps (hopefully) i am completely wrong here & i will have the opportunity to retract my statementsā€¦ however, this is how i interpreted your nature from your last 2 posts in this thread.

I am no oneā€™s master, nor guru. Nor do I want to be. No plans EVER for selling an e-book, or creating a course. It would be a pittance to what trading can make.

And as for reading the entire 387 page thread, I did.
Not once either. Probably in the neighborhood of 5 times completely, and a bunch of other scans through looking for things.
Same with the ATT threads. And ICTā€™s thread. And PeteFadersā€™s thread. and about a zillion other things across the net, and in print. Whether or not I took anything from what I read was immaterial. I looked for common elements of successful traders. And just for the record, I looked for about an hour last night trying to find the SINGLE post that makes trading like this become effective. I gave up. Itā€™s in here. And itā€™s by rrram.

That was very benevolent of you. But it brings up some questions. Did any of those students that went on to open their own schools give anything back to you? Did they do the same thing in terms of being willing to take a second job to keep there schools open to teach for basically free?

Teaching someone something valuable in terms of life lessons is one thing.
Surviving to teach another day, is another.

Trading is a dog eat dog world. Your elation at a successful trade, may be someone elseā€™s rent money.

Itā€™s the same with what it takes to learn it. Itā€™s all here, but time and time again, I see people post up methods that work for them, only to get blindsided by some knucklehead that doesnā€™t follow the rules to the letter.

Or conversely, some ā€œproā€ steps in and pans the whole thing telling them itā€™s hogwash. That happened in this thread as well.

Why should I, or anyone else subject themselves to that? If I can say something helpful, I will. But Iā€™ll be damned if I will sum up what has taken me literally thousands of hours to put together into one tidy post, only to either be bashed, or told how it is a failure.

It works, itā€™s here, and itā€™s your due diligence that will uncover it. I have a lot of posts on here that hint at the way I view the market. But the journey to success is pretty much a solo hike.

As for my screen name, being a martial arts fan, you may have seen the movie ā€œKung Powā€. Master Tang was the old geezer that was master of nothing, and continuously got his a$$ beat.

I am happy to help, or I wouldnā€™t post here. But nobody gave it to me on a platter, and the fact is, it wouldnā€™t have helped anyway. It comes in steps. As your head is ready for it, and if you are persistent, it will naturally evolve.

1 Like

The tie in comes with using levels and zones price reacts from.

So, rather than arbitrarily entering trades at measured increments along the line, you would hold off, and wait for the best opportunities.

One of the things I took from this thread was trading in a singular direction.

I trade in whatever direction the swap is cheapest, or even positive. But I donā€™t enter until itā€™s favorable, and I donā€™t trade banking on the swap to pay my bad trade off.

Looking to the left on the chart according to the ATT threads will aid you greatly in that respect.

And for the record, 90% of my trades, or probably even greater, are based on pending orders. The market puts me in a trade, and the market takes me out.

1 Like

Hey good to hear from you again!

I agree with the sentiment that we approaching the bottom, and trade what I see up or down depending on the time frame.

A couple of thoughts on your post, first off Japan will be buying Yen and has been since the disaster and will most likely to continue doing this, this in turns means a stronger yen in the short term despite the big expensive mess they have to clean up.

Secondly, the Dinarā€¦ oh boy that is a risky venture. what happens to Iraq when the US finally pulls out? there are many many possible outcomes, from Iran taking over to them being a new age democracyā€¦ I would not want to be holding a substantial amoutn of the dinar when that day arrives.

Cheers

not wanting to hijack this thread or create a lot of noise i will keep this brief.

i will retract my statement about or implying marketing/sales/guru status. it was rude & meant to be facetious.

the rest i will not completely retract. however you did point out some things i over lookedā€¦ namely that learning isnt found in the destination but in the journey & everyoneā€™s journey will be different (even if the path taken is the same).

as far as my students that own a schoolā€¦ yes, for the most part they do the same thing - as best they can provided their situations (ie much higher overhead). i think that is inevitable though. martial arts should be a lifestyle & one should learn far more than technique at schoolā€¦ culture, patience (which i seem to have lost), etcā€¦ & someone that reaches an advanced black belt will probably have learned a lot of that with out even knowing it.

i am highly impressed at the amount of research & sifting you have done to find your information. i love to study, but i hate to sift. also, many people donā€™t have the time. & just because you did the workā€¦ that does not obligate you to package it into a single post (nice as it might be)ā€¦ my problem came from the attitude i perceived in your postsā€¦ ā€œlooky what i did & wouldnt you like to knowā€

i also will retract the respect statementā€¦ i have read a lot of your posts previously & your overall character does not portray the aforementioned attitude.

1 Like

The DINAR! Hoo boy LMFAO what a crock! I know of that california company . they are selling authenticated 20000 dinar bills for about 50 USD. Thats DOUBLE what they are worth. So in order for them just to break even you have to double your money. I looked at the Monthly charts of the dinar and through GWII it appreciated 25% Itā€™s currently on a slight decline. So you would not even break even had you bought back in 2002.

Stay far away from that. BIg time scam. I spent a week looking at it. I can give you all the info about it including graphs and fundamental analysis. The returns they suggest are asisnine Itā€™s a carrot on a stick Thats been duping people for years

Hi Master Tang,

Thanks for the information sharing. Pending orders are a relax way to trade. I have use them in my trading. Now I will notice those swaps which u mention. :slight_smile:

few men find what they are looking for because they fail to look inside

Master Tang you are most welcome, it is as if the thread were here for only you, for you to receive one gem is golden and is all I can ask in my effort to reach out and touch others, to help them see the light, to allow them to change their point of focus and turn inward for a frank analysis of what we need to do to improve, it is all about prgoress growth and change. The carnage, the thousands smoked with good oleā€™ guppy girl, the humor, the stories, all to communicate one thought and idea, to cause the great revelation to hit many, one touch and you are it, is it all for you, sure it is, because deep down on the unseen molecular level I am you and you are me and we are all one just another part of the other seemingly separated, judgment causes separation, we are one and together in one accord, yet separate parts.

The idea was to cause a profound change and affect others in a revcolutionary way, it is not about me it is about you, A great master once described the world to come as being wholly determined by how well you serve others and to what extant you go to - to demonstarte this in a kind, generous, unselfish fashion.

Its raining like hell here, as if the end of the world is here, but it is only here for some as the rain collects those sent for and others will soon follow.

If I can help just one person gain an eternal life changing gem, it will have been worth it, all the time, the thouyghts, the posts, the thousands and thousands wasted on some wild guppy geisha girl. Good day guppy, I remotely view you always.

Iraqi Dinar is a scam, ROFLMAO really, as compared to the USD?!? ROFLMAO so much so I cannot even get up off the floor (&$#@#*$, USD is not ā€œmoneyā€. Money is not a debt instrument. USD is not backed up by any asset. us GOV operates no profitbale businesses, it has because it is a parasite that takes from others and gives to its own in a slanth discriminatory way.
Donā€™t put all your eggs in one basket. seen the new scam? college conspiracy video? I didnt go to college (waste of $$$$) even in my day DOH.

good to see some chatter

About BabyPips.com (babypips.com): BabyPips.com is a free, funny, and easy-to-understand guide for teaching beginners how to trade in the foreign exchange market.

There are 9,669 sites with a better three-month global Alexa traffic rank than Babypips.com. It is in the ā€œEducation and Trainingā€ category. The fraction of visits to this site referred by search engines is about 14%. BabyPips.com has been online for more than five years. Visitors to the site spend about 89 seconds on each pageview and a total of eight minutes on the site during each visit.

nice to see baby pips in the top 10,000 sites worldwide, free and funny is what got me here. why am I back here? For the secret and hidden thread! LOL where is it! if it is already locked and gone, iā€™m going to be sad!

so lets get back to making some money trading guppy, you gotta be quick. I am going to say things that may not agree with some previous things. stop losses are in order as he who loses one battle fights another battle the next day and can still win the war.

using your broker as your stop loss order, may work but only if you have several other live accoutns with other brokers where you are trading differently. I have a bunch of live accounts. and no longer use any one broker as my stop loss order. I also donā€™t play only long on guppy or anything. I still have a buias against the USD and reasonably so as this is my home country and I know to much about how it operates to allow me to put much faith in its ability to be sustainable over the long term.

earning money from forex requires a firm set of rules that you never break. trading forex cannot be approached like gambling or your results will be like gambling, and are likely to have entertainment type results (you have a good time and all your money is gone). While entertainment is a must for most, it should not be a hole in your bucket where all your money leaks out. so money from forex can be fun when you are making it, but thekey is to make it consitantly long term over time. It is only as risky as you make it, and greed and failure to appreciate things will result in a hiole in your bucket.

so what pairs do we have with great positive swap? It is always good to be trading with the major trend and with positive swap be adding to your account every day.
build you huge account brick by brick, trade by trade. focus on the fillet not the whole cow.

a nice guppy long appears to be setting up, but first not without some down, currently I am watching guppy now, I checked the daily to see the bigger picture, then checked the 4H, then the 15M, I have the 1H open now. Previous low on the 1H was 131.17. I know we are at the bottom of the current range. Iā€™d like to grab one long anywhere in this range, but Iā€™ve got to see a reversal, trend is still down, but I expect that to chnage at least ST or MT heading into todays trading, ST if 15M chart for me and MT is 1H or 4H and LT is 1D or 1W. I shy away from the longer TFā€™s as I am often looking for a MT or ST reversal or a change in trend. I still prefer to go long but I play guppy both ways.

chart later

so I am adding a guppy long at 131.20 and will figure out the image routine here as it seems to have changed

Can only post from a URL? And even advanced forces you to use their image uploader?
Iā€™m am pretty sharp with a computer, but I have tried to upload my guppy image 2 times to no avail, it seems to be uploading but it reamins to be seen where it puts it.

Thats fine, I will host my images elsewhere, after all they are my imgaes of my charts for my trading, but seeing charts and studying them is really the way to learn how a pair moves.

Each pair has like a personality. I found the HM thread, HAH I have to have 5000 posts to start a thread. This is funny as I admin servers all over the world and host blogs and forums and post to countless blogs and forums where I am trusted to be able to start ya thread. anyways I am here if anyone needs some help today or insight into a forex pair, while I am only an expert on a few pairs I often see things that others dont.

got down a little more I feel safe with a long here @ 131.20 you may have been able to get one lower, we are likely to hold on the low end 130.80, I wouldnt add another long here, but if we get down into 130.60 I will add asecond long to go with the long I have @ 131.20 final TPT ( take profit Target) is 134.85 with a SL @ 130.10 risking 110 pips for 365, nice RR (risk / reward) ratio