How much does it take?

I have no doubt lexy, that you have a deep intellectual benefit of the discussion one this forum .

Last time we talking about hard evidence regarding profitable traders … If I don’t remember wrong
you disappear like a ghost when I asking after hard evidence …

So lexy show me this time hard evidence one a retail trader who make money in forex (living of forex).
Not only rumor and subjective feeling what you think is profitable …

… My point is Lexy, study and use time one traders who really have make money , You friend
Pipmehappy is a master to find every useless guru in the forex world ,
and uncritically adore them …

Can you post the link?

Lol hilarious : D

FX Viper MAMM IC Markets 3X Risk System by FXViperTrading | Myfxbook

Amazing enough , His trading style is so orthodox scalping with no SL … but he have survive so far ,
Kozok is worth to study too you find him in my thread .

That isn’t scalping, that is just one hell of a grid. You can see the equity dips where he’s hedging in as well as how all his open trades are small losses.

But props for taking it so far, especially if it is indeed real capital and not demo. No one in their right mind would manage their own investments like that, which is why it’s a MAMM.

It just [U]isn’t[/U] - sorry. By [B][U]no[/U][/B] stretch of the imagination could that be called “orthodox scalping”.

That’s for sure!!

Yeah, he runs a signal service.

FPA did a running test a couple of years back on his/their signals, it ran for 2 years on 10 x risk.

The results are out there.

That depends upon you, you could learn it a month or you could take it a year. That depends upon you, and how much you practice it daily.

Just keep studying and you should get there eventually. I have been in these markets for a long time now and I am still learning it never stops but I am to the point everything on forums I pretty much already know. Its nothing new but the markets are always changing so you learn that you will never master the market just adapt to the market.

YES, this site is perfect in order to get the awareness about forex, I would like to suggest you that you should also start the demo trading as well as posting on this forum.

I think it takes at least an year to understand the concept of forex trading… The more you practice, the better you will become…

Only two months on not enough to learn this business, I would like to say that practically on demo account are two months enough but theoretically its requires several years as forex is risky and tough business, so be careful.

Hello.
My question is about time, how much time person must spend to start understand main things in forex?
I`m learnig for couple of months and found this site short time ago, there is so much information. The more new information, the less I understand.
Maybe, there is some examples based on experience?
Sorry for my English.

There is no definite time to learn forex. It’s a never ending race at each point when you feel you have learnt a lot you get to know something new. However, as a newbie you need to have lot of patience, consistency , balance to achieve heights in forex.
First, you should make yourself familiar with various terms related to this market like spreads, pips, margin, hedging etc. Second, slowly start practicing on demo account, it may take long but I would suggest when you get handful amount of knowledge you must go for live trading that too starting with little amount initially. Mt4 is a very old and basic platform so as a first step you can open a practice account there and start trading.

2 ,3 or even 4 years…wow
and I was thinking like 1 or 2 months(max. 3) should be enough before going live
thx. for the reality check.

If you attend some forex courses, it may be half a year to start trading more confidently and profitable. But you still have to understand how it works on practice. You should feel the market.
As for me, it took me year and a half to make my skills really good. Now I have nearly 3 year experience and though I improve my strategy daily, I’ll have to learn much in future. It’s normal when the territory of unknown seems larger when you learn something new.

There are certain trader willing spent time practice on demo account more than two years and because he won’t to losing money and still want to learn in demo until really understand how to making profit consistently with learn finding profitable system trading

Perhaps a successful trader can earn what a Doctor would. If she is a really good trader, perhaps she can make even more. It takes 10 years or more to learn to be a good Doctor. I’m not sure why anyone would think this should be so much easier or faster. Trade demo until you are consistently successful. That can take months to years. Then trade no more than 0.01 lots at a time until you have three winning months in a row. Plan on that taking 5 to 10 years. Best success.

This is one of the regular questions Forex experts have addressed in some of the programs I have attended to help newbies improve. But the answer you usually get is, it’s different for everybody. But to determine how long it would take for you personally, you’ll have to ask yourself some self-examining questions like; How much effort are you willing to put in? Are you adaptable? How much cash are you prepared to invest? Ask yourself these question and your answer to them will determine if you’ll casual trader, and if you are, it will take longer, perhaps a year or more. But then,If you are focused and intend to make this your profession, then it might take less than a year, depending on your learning capability. It’s all up to you.

Less settle I think you need less than a year

It takes a lot more than a year to become a good trader. A person cannot become a trader within a year. A very wide study is needed that takes a lot of time for a trader to become successful.