How much does it take?

Yeah man, you’ll just begin to understand how it works in one year. It’s too little time. Maybe it’s the Dunning-Kruger effect speaks from you :slight_smile:

I agree, the only year not many will understand. For this we need much more time

I have to say that it’s possible to learn how to trade in a year and results will be pretty good. But the next years trader’s professionalism improves, it’s just like going onto the next level. Finally, it depends on a person. Some people had finance as a hobby for a long time and they know the market well. Why can’t they learn trading quickly?

Nobody will stop you from [I]saying[/I] it, but the fact that you’re saying it doesn’t make it correct.

And it [U]isn’t[/U] normally correct.

Because the skill-set, knowledge-set and experience-set required for successful trading are (a) totally different ones from those of “having finance as a hobby and knowing the market”, and (b) slow to acquire, typically involving hundreds of hours of education followed by thousands of hours of screen-time, to achieve anything even [I]approaching[/I] professionalism.

If you achieved all that in less than a year, I congratulate you.

I didn’t, and I don’t know anyone else who did, and I haven’t heard of anyone else (credible) who did, either.

(By the way, I happen to come from a professional/institutional trading family background, so without wanting to come across as arrogant about it, as even I don’t know of a single person who’s ever achieved that, I find it pretty difficult to imagine who would!).

“The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which low-ability individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their ability as much higher than it really is. Dunning and Kruger attributed this bias to a metacognitive inability of those of low ability to recognize their ineptitude and evaluate their ability accurately.”

Ouch! Alex! Man! You throw out some cold stuff!

Lexys is right though. A more typical timeframe is 5 to 10 years to become a good pro trader. It took me 8 and I’m just kinda average. If you are gifted, it might just take you 5 years, and if you are really smart, it might take you 10.

So funny comments about 50 000 $ “just to start with”.
If you were owner of small buisness do you really trust smb 50k to learn doing job It’s nonsense.
But newbie with 50k account is the best client for all this industry, shure they will say - give us all your money and bring more :slight_smile:

Took me 1 year to understand that I don’t understand indicators.