Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

Same level @ .3018 placed last night though after cancelling my earlier limit order.

are you guys going to hold on to this trade or going to close it by today?

Closed the majority of the positions at 1.2975, stops to BE, depending on where we end up, Ill probably trail both stops to 1.30 if we slide lower and let the remainder run.

But I dont really like holding over the weekends. Could be on the downward slope, but Im not so sure.

What I do know is, there will be a number of opportunities next week to get back in :slight_smile:

Protect your capital! Once youā€™ve done that, let the ride :slight_smile:

Nice one gents and well done on your limit orders and thanks for your advice. I decided to close the trade manually for today for net total of little over 40 pips as i just donā€™t know what is going to happen going forward only guessing. Closed it at 1.6008.
First we went trough adr for today
2) Usdx bounced of that 80.30 level
3)Price has trading to sweetspot cable @ 1.5990 Bounced of it and i dont know , but on HTF this could be a retrace for upside.
4) Traded in to big fig. Oh well happy over all just to have a nice trade.

Have a good week end all.

me too have close the majority of the position at 1.2975. may be I will put TP to ADR low.

Hi,

Can anyone help. I am trying to make sense of the 5yr bonds with a view on what to expect. The German bonds are trading lower is this telling me anything.

i hate working on fridays. seems like iā€™m missing the big moves and easy entries every weekā€¦ well, gotta get more pips in the other 4 days then :wink:

just move the SL to 1.3000 so it tagged and closed rest of the position. lucky :slight_smile:
65 pips for today :slight_smile: thanks ICT

Unfortunately, the day i sat down to piece together ICTā€™s livestream vids into a torrent my laptop went on a hibernating spreeā€¦

I gave it to a techie hence was not able to trade let alone upload the vidsā€¦

Iā€™ll be doing a complete formatting of my laptop and hence will probably take another 4-5 daysā€¦

But dont worry i will share it thatā€™s a promiseā€¦if you promise me P A T I E N C Eā€¦

Good job, loook at that baby fly! :smiley:

Take a look at eu and gu, eu just tagged OTE of last swing from Thursday - picking up the stops below Asian range - entry at 1.2969,
gu just tagged OTE of rise from Wed lo to Fri hi at 1.5990;
earlier on today, eu had an easy OTE short off the top - in fact 2 entries - its amazing
I guess the only thing I find hard to grasp is that sometimes we need to hold for the ADR, but other times price will reverse at the OTE of the last swing - and reverse and go the other way
Question for ICT or anyone else; is there a way to determine when OTEs will hold - is basically a confluence of levels that make it more or less likely
for example in EU case, bounce was right on daily Pivot, asia lo and (15 min 200 ema) - 3 items that would make it a buy for me, even without the OTE
I accept that trading on a Friday, last day of the month is probably not recommended as markets are likely to be thin and volatile and possibly affected by position closing - but having said all that, the principles still seem to hold

I was considering this move myself on the Fiber, we maintain bullish structure on the higher time frames (check out the 1H chart).

We broke the high this morning, hinting at higher prices. The low from 29th Nov (16:00 swing point) was maintained and from that point to the high of day, we rejected that OTE level for the Long immediately and look at the bounce! I have no idea if it will last or if weā€™ll move even higher, but it was good for at least 40-50 pips scalping.

Excellent stuff!

My first week of ICT trading has concluded successfully and profitable! I have been learning his material for a while, but just started trading it this week. 3 trades taken. 1 on Tuesday risking 2% and 2 on Friday risking 1% each because they both had the US dollar in them (I missed the big move on Friday, could have been even better!):

Is it pretty common for price to make the expected move during LO and then retrace all the way back to entry for NYO and then make an even larger move?? I noticed that twice this week.

P.S. This thread is REALLY hard to keep up with!!

Where did u learn all these ancient Chinese sayings? hahaha

Was planning on holding. Just nipped out of the office for an hour and wham my SL nearly got tagged!

Wasnā€™t expecting that so a shame Iā€™ve let a lot of profit come back on me. At least I got paid the 3% firstly.

I may as well hold now until I can get to my charts again and assess whatā€™s happened today.

Still in? It looks like it was a last ditch attempt to tag all short stops, its retracing back to the big figure now. Maybe weā€™ll be dropping a bit more next week?

I canā€™t handle this. Youā€™re breaking my heart.

Joe Dinapoli said he needs at least 2 months a year off from trading and he works with his hands making wood crafts as a hobby. The stress of putting money on the line is so great, itā€™ll kill a person. When he returns after taking time off he eases back into trading slowly. Small positions for the first week back. Frustrated angry desperate street money traders buy big vacation homes for professional traders.

Sounds like you need a break to clear your mind and heart. Save some money. Go hiking and spend time with the family. It is okay to walk away but staying in angry will only hurt you.

I only got into pip positive territory when I started posting my trades. It makes you afraid of looking like an idiot (my being an idiot is not solved in the other areas of my life, though). PPF has a link on his site to a psychological technique called tapping that my sister used with good results but it took about 2 months.

Bodybuilders who hit a wall in growth or motivation and are told to take a break and clear their minds. Artists, musicians, traders. Probably a lot of guys here are in need of a break and re-calibration.

Great post buddy, which partly applies to me as well. :8:

Just aboutā€¦ My stop was moved to the high when I took 1st profit.

Well done to everyone today who made pips!

Thanks.

Mike Mentzer had this high intensity training method and when he would coach body builders, the first thing he would tell them is to stop going to the gym and let the body heal. Eat, rest. Could be 2 or three full weeks off. In the days off, they would often [U]gain[/U] muscle weight because the ā€œbuildingā€ doesnā€™t come from lifting weights (placing trades or staring at charts or even watching ICT videos) it comes from the recuperation after (digesting what weā€™ve learned and putting it into a trading plan - making it your own.)

I hit 6% positive two weeks ago, my first ICT week, then treaded water this week and last. Looks like I need to recuperate too.

Every time I think about rushing this, because Iā€™m tired of learning and want to make some money already, I think about all the time Iā€™ve already invested and understand that if I try to rush this, those hours are wasted. Forcing the rose-bud open doesnā€™t make it bloom. It kills it.

If anyone of my friends or family is ever interested in trading, I would tell them to stay away. Start a window washing business. The odds are not in their favor. I was born a red personality, a little arrogant (not a trait I like but just have to deal with), very self-determined, and think I can beat the math. I also have a supportive wife. We are staring into the eye of the devil in trading. This battlefield has a lot of dead bodies on it and we are rushing to the slaughter hoping to be the tiny percent that make it out.

Because of the ups and down, we have to manage our emotions and inevitable periods of discouragement.