Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

hey. you’re back :slight_smile:

Hey PPF, you were conspicuous by your absence, nice to see you back. :slight_smile:
Place has been a riot zone since you were gone :stuck_out_tongue:

I bailed out of my short too MWP, the divergence was putting me off, cable making lower lows & fiber not… Happy with 20 pips & will wait till NYO to get a better picture hopefully.

Btw Nice to hear your experience, I’m wondering when it will happen to me :confused:

ok guys quick question…Tell me if I am wrong…now…on fiber…daily…MS is bullish…on 4hr…bullish…on 1hr…bullish…MS turns a lot of times,so we don’t mention it…However…Can i trade on a bullish sign…when MS is bearish? and what would it be a nice swing point low/high to measure the fib and look for possible return to the upside?if we look at 4hr…take the fib from low 1.3000 to the high 1.3400…would it be smart to go long between 62-70%…i see some support there…also…monthly PP…pic attached :slight_smile:

I hope it never will! Hope you will be the smart one not to do same mistakes i do , one of the reasons i posted is so maybe some one will read and not do the same.

Saved by the spread - one little pip - had set SL at 3388 - broker feed went 3387 - lesson learned -tight stops are’nt a good thing - mind you my reasoning - fib from Asian high to LO low - see where the 90% is. Was away from charts so nice to see trade still intact.
I never trade pre 3 star news so this is a first.

TP hit - now flat for day.

look at this, 150 pips in 5 hours… very nice trades damagecontrol!
i enjoy your wolfe posts, it’s great you took the time to research the method and post live trades so that we can see how they unfold. And the outcome that is possible, especially with the higher time frames, good work mate

dont really care about the money, but already so freakin happy about this trade. important for my psyche. first trade since 1 week that i was pretty comfortable with, enough confluences and all that. and boom :wink: i need more patience to wait for these setups

Well done, I got spooked out of it… cutting my winners short again :34:
I need to work on my exits more

I hope you’re right mate, but I don’t like to think I’m any more bullet proof then anyone else out there.
Psychology is going to be my biggest hurdle.

I think what happened to you is just a common trait of human nature, so it can happen to anyone (if we’re not careful)
Hopefully I can be as honest as you if I do end up in the same hole :slight_smile:

finding out that Larry Pesavento was actually co-inventor to the butterfly pattern. So whoever makes money at the turning point with that pattern owes him some :slight_smile: Thank you guys for the feedback, minidiez, rod178, Vinster, Kenp240, markyharrison, reviewed the book about half way now, and it was time well spent

It’s a great read isnt’t it! I read it over holidays and it really uncovered the whole Fibonacci why it works. all swings attempting to fulfil one another ect ab=cd. It says in the book that the patterns work roughly 70% of the time which is excellent imho.
Talking about that spotted this not sure if it has any merit, but decided not to ignore it so took another 30% off sl adjusted to 1.3353.

Getting destroyed on USD/CHF + GBP/CHF shorts from 4H sweetspot/ote shorts :(, was convinced they were both in downtrends since they havnt broke previous highs, however they both have now made double bottoms :frowning:

yes good material. written in a slower pace, which is an advantage for ease of understanding.

i think it’s prudent what you did closing out part position. 'm in a long in gbp-jpy, that’s where i saw the swing, not this one. Do you draw by hand or have an indicator for the harmonics?

I have 2 indicators one Kar one Zap.
Sometimes i draw the pattern by hand, but having indicators for it is very useful has 1 they alert you if a pattern is present2 give you rough entry point 3 train your eye to spot them easier. I use them primeraly as confirmation .
They work very well with MS and FIB OTE as well as reflection
zup harmonic indicator.zip (67 KB)KorHarmonics+[v6.7.13].ex4.zip (337 KB)

Long on Cable… OTE daily and OTE 4HR. Anyone?

Super P glad your back, always like your input and ideas. How about you share with us how you bagged the 200 pips
that would be more helpful then coming in and lashing everyone with the best tools to use.

Just a thought !

Market order vs limit order.

I learned a good lesson today - posting it so it will get logged into my brain.

I’m studying the charts - I have a trade premise in mind - the price action starts to play out like I had seen in my mind so I reach for the trigger and press.

ICT teaches ‘let the market come to you’, I entered short at the market with a 15pip stop - 35pip TP - good r/r you might think.

My SL came to within 1 pip of getting hit (so I was just lucky) - so my lack of patience would have meant that I was right and yet lost, if I had set a limit order back say -10 pips - my SL would have been absolutely safe and I would have got an extra 10 pips to boot.

Lesson learned.

Long Fiber @ 1.3315, OTE, NYO, 15pip SL.

I see the Cable did something similar, giving a nice OTE on the 5M/15M for entry around 1.6040/45

Half off so far, but Im not expecting much from this trade. The move for me today was that short around 1.3380.

thank you mate. i have the 6.7.13 and was wondering why it didn’t pick up the pattern on your chart… i can now complement with zup and compare the works. appreciate your help!