Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

100% agree!!!
Very hard also for me specially I am new in ITC I love it but still can’t find the edge :frowning:
When I see some trades there are no good S/L …

Is that sarcasm? I’d think two weeks in a row is a pretty small sample size to make a decision like leave your job. Several months in a row? Maybe.

Seems me we are in a same boat. There is a business slogan, “Quality comes first, profit is it’s logical sequence”. But in ICT method, “Following the rules with patience is first priority, money will be it’s by product”. LOL, what do you think bro?

Trying a small % risk Cable long @ 1.6070. Was hoping for 60 level during the KZ but didn’t happen. Reflection/SMT/Stops.

well I’d assume he already built up quite an account to aim for such a return… If he was able to build his account up to that stage then he probably knows what he’s doing and feels confident enough to leave his job (which I’d probably already had done so in his case;)) But I don’t know his story so those are just assumptions…

I can only wish you good luck mate and hope it’s all working out!
cheers

Knowing this week is still very choppy I tried my hand at being “nimble” (as ICT calls it)

Still biased bullish but that wasn’t a consideration. This weeks seems to favor fading the range swings to major S&R

Cable opened out of LO
Down to 1.6080 LT support level
OTE
S2 on pivots
Likely pocket of stops
SMT divergence with USDx

Short Fiber
1.2926 LT Resistance
OTE at NYO

Both trades only took 30 pips and got out. Didn’t want to push the scalps.

Perhaps a little risky without direction but I figure if opportunity presents itself…try to be nimble.

$2500/week! sheesh, and i was looking for 3k a month, hehe

Edit: Actually that sounds about right. Need to make sure you can build the account also

When the music starts playing at the beginning of each video, I get a warm, fuzzy feeling in my nether regions from the excitement - just me?

:59:

Yes Just you - Get out More! Lol :18:

With all the best will in the world I wish you well with this, but two weeks is nowhere near enough of a sample size. Say you make $5k over the two weeks and go full time - what happens if/when you lose those funds over the next month?

What happens if the market isn’t paying you 2.5k a week? There is an interesting anecdote in “Reminiscences of a Stock Operator” where several traders are trying to “make” the market pay out so they can buy a fur coat - I’ll let you guess how it ends.

Well at least tomorrow should bring some action, there are some ECB rate announcements and more discussions on the fate of the EZ. Should be an interesting day of price action fun… all times are GMT +1 ie Western European time.
13:00 GBP BoE MPC Monetary Policy Announcement
13:00 GBP BoE MPC - Base Rate
13:45 EUR ECB - Interest Rate
14:30 EUR ECB press conference following Governing Council Meeting and Interest Rate Announcement

Looking at the 1.28550 level in the fiber for a long trade based on 4HR TF OTE from the 30/09 & 02/10 SL-SH, Daily / Weekly Trinity Buy Zone, Bullish MS & MS2 Pivot lining up with the sweet spot.

I’ll keep an eye on this and see if I have the same opinion tomorrow morning after the Asian Session tonight.

Hm, by looking at the Fibre’s chart, and the amount of volatility coming tmw, we might have a Z day scenario. i.e. take the stops from the top and then follow cable south…

I appreciate the concern from Boston, Fred and yourself - genuinely, I do. But the 2.5k/week goal will be coming at the end of nearly a year of consistent gains in my account. I’ve been at this a while, and the consistency is showing. As well, $2500/week is SIGNIFICANTLY above my current cost of living, giving me an excellent cushion in case things go wrong (and don’t worry, I have a whole lot of backup plans, I’m not diving in to this head first; I’m too risk-averse for that).

Really though, I’m setting such a near goal, because I am getting exhausted from working full time, and trading full time. It’s basically destroyed any semblance of free time I have - I have about 30-45 minutes of time to do what I want Mon-Fri; and I’m usually so exhausted from lack of sleep by the weekend, that I spend most of the weekend sleeping instead of going out.

Basically, something has to give, and considering how much I dislike my current job, and how much I like trading (not to mention the time and effort I’ve put into the market), I think it’s more likely that my day job gets the axe. There are other factors, of course - an extra 10 or more hours a day of free time, being well rested, not being treated fairly at work (to be fair, literally no on in the corporation I belong to that isn’t an executive is treated fairly, so there’s that), being my own boss, etc. But the #1 reason I want to quit my job, is because I’m extremely tired, and I want my life back. I figure, if that isn’t motivation enough, nothing is.

But yeah, don’t worry about me - I’ve got all the angles covered, I’ve done the maths, and I’ve decided that earning at least $2500 a week for two weeks in a row is a great level for me to call it quits at the day job; and as I said earlier, I have contingency plans to prevent my life from falling apart if I screw up trading really badly. Everything is within my acceptable levels of risk, so it’s all good.

Hi Aarnog

If you will have time can you explain more the Turtle Soup pattern because I still don’t understand it how it works and when it is good time to use it.

Thanks for help

Daniel

Inner Circle Trader’s Market Review 06/24/12 - YouTube
One of ICTS market reviews highlighting the turtle soup pattern.

I think that’s great, me I’m waiting until I’ve had 12 consecutive profitable months, with the last six each bringing in roughly my current salary.

I’m up to month 3 (again) which is usually been when I’ve made my first loss (and had to start over again). Been flat so far but I know that’s not going to feed the kids!

Anyway, wish you and everyone else who gets to full time trading luck and I hope to be there too in 9-12 months.

Many thanks Ndazbe!!
I have addition Q.
Entry signal is best when Turtle soup + SMT Div + OTE happened??
Is this correct?
Or Turtle Soap can be used another way??

Normally when I’ve seen people coming out with those kind of goals they really haven’t thought things through - but that doesn’t seem to be the case with you :slight_smile: I’m sure most of us can empathise about many aspects of your post (I certainly can!)
I wish you the best of luck!

okay a nice few places for stops underneath the fiber and cable…stop run to the upside to kick it off?

Well - the pop happened as expected and got filled @ 2990 and 6148. Now to hope that I am on the right side of the market…
:51: