Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

I received a PM from one of the participants on this thread, asking me to update the Kill Zone Table. The last Table posted in this thread (last April) began to get out-of-date starting in late September, as time changes began occurring in various countries.

I decided not to post a series of updates to the Table during this September-to-November transition period, because of the considerable time and effort involved in doing each update.

Instead, I will post an updated Table next weekend, giving Session Times and ICT Kill Zones which will be current from November 3, 2013 through March 7, 2014. The Table will be posted here in this thread.

In order for the Table to capture every time change occurring throughout the year, it would have to be updated 7 times per year, instead of twice per year. The updates have to be done manually, and I just donā€™t have the time to do 3 updates each spring and 4 updates each fall.

I regret any confusion that may have been created by the out-of-date Table during this 5-week transition period.

Weā€™ve come to the end of the fall transition period for daylight saving time changes in the principal forex markets.
There will be no further DST changes in these markets until early March 2014.

Here are the Asian, London and New York Session Times and the ICT Kill Zones for the next 4 months.

The Kill Zone periods shown in this table are minimum periods. They can be expanded at your discretion.
For example, you might choose to expand the London Open Kill Zone by an hour ā€”
by starting a half hour earlier and ending a half hour later than the times shown in the table.

[B][U]Notes[/U][/B]

The session times and kill zones in this Table were defined by Michael Huddleston (ICT) in his original series of videos, posted on this Forum. I have converted those times into the various time zones where the majority of our Babypips members are located.

[B]1. The London Session[/B] is defined as the normal business day in London, 8am-5pm London time. During northern hemisphere winter, London time is GMT; during summer, it is GMT+1. The [B]London Open Kill Zone[/B] is a (minimum) 2-hour period which brackets the 8am opening of the session. The [B]London Close Kill Zone[/B] is a (minimum) 2-hour period which brackets the 5pm close of the session.

[B]2. The New York Session[/B] is defined as 8am-5pm New York time, which is GMT-5 in the winter, and GMT-4 in the summer. The [B]New York Open Kill Zone[/B] is a (minimum) 2-hour period which brackets the 8am opening of the New York Session.

There is no New York close kill zone, because the New York close (5pm New York time) occurs at the lowest-volume time of the entire 24-hour trading day. Typically, worldwide forex trading volume is lowest between 5pm and 6pm New York time each trading day. By contrast, the London Close occurs at the end of the London/New York Overlap period (8am-noon New York time, and 1pm-5pm London time), which is the highest-volume 4-hour period of the trading day.

[B]3. The Asian Session[/B] ā€” as its name implies ā€” does not fit the pattern of the other two trading sessions. It comprises the trading sessions in Tokyo (and Seoul) in the GMT+9 time zone, plus the trading sessions in Singapore and Hong Kong (and several smaller markets) in the GMT+8 time zone. Tokyo is no longer the largest Asian forex market ā€” Singapore has recently captured that distinction. Together, Singapore and Hong Kong (which operate simultaneously) account for [I]76% more[/I] daily forex trading volume than Tokyo.

The Asian Session is 10 hours long, unlike the London and New York sessions, which are each 9 hours long. The Session begins at 9am Tokyo time (8am in Singapore and Hong Kong), and ends at 7pm Tokyo time (6pm in Singapore and Hong Kong).

The 5-hour [B]Asian Range[/B] is defined as the first half of the 10-hour Asian Session. The Asian Range has special significance as a bellwether of the new trading day which has begun in Asia. (Newcomers to the ICT methodology often confuse the [I]Asian Session[/I] and the [I]Asian Range.[/I])

Finally, the [B]Asian Kill Zone[/B] can be thought of as the Asian ā€œopenā€ kill zone. It begins one hour earlier than the start of the Asian Session, but it continues for a (minimum) 4 hours (rather than the minimum 2 hours of the other 3 kill zones). Basically, the Asian Kill Zone extends throughout the morning [I]stock-trading sessions[/I] in Tokyo, Singapore and Hong Kong, prior to their lunch-time recesses.

file is not downloadingā€¦please help meā€¦how can i mange these video.

To understand where Michael has gone, and [B]why his videos are no longer available[/B] in his Babypips threads, read the upper portion of this post.

To find [B]a link to Michaelā€™s new series of videos[/B] read the last portion of this post.

thanks " Clint "for replyā€¦
will u please help me in leaning forex .i am new i want to learn deeply forex market.please me me some source for study and leaning completely.

Thanks for the share, I was looking for them

Hi! Iā€™m a newbie and Iā€™m trying to work out the london close kill zone. Could you tell me the exact time for it NYT? How many hours is it? The reason I want to know is that I understand that it should be in this time that we have the high or low at the end of the day. Your help would really be appreciated! Thanks :slight_smile:

4pm-6pm London time = 11am-1pm New York time

That 2-hour kill-zone can be expanded, at the discretion of the trader, if your trading method and experience suggest doing so. For example, you could use 10:30am-1:30pm (New York time) for a 3-hour kill-zone, if you so choose.

I have been looking at the ICT videos, I stumbled across them on YouTube. I will admit they have been helpful. They give me better direction in FX. I am sure the ICT approach will be of a great benefit to my trading. Knowing the kill zones and weekly and daily times is a big benefit. That is nothing new but it does give a better approach to FX that I havenā€™t seen anywhere else on the net. Also for Wyckoff students knowing the Monday Judas swings as ICT, or Huddleson calls them is a great benefit. I believe these videos are good for any trader at any level, unless you already have a good track record and your system is working for you. Iā€™m not endorsing these videos, just commenting from my observations. You have to decide what is right for you.

Oh my goodness, a sane postā€¦ You do realize this is Babypips right?

[B]Good Morning Babypipsters[/B] :59:

Itā€™s been a long time since I posted to this thread of mine. Iā€™m pleased to see itā€™s still very popular as the views indicate.

There are many of you that email me asking what proof is there to the things I teach & trade both by way of my website and the old video tutorials both hosted on Youtube and my personal website - which sells nothing (no plug).

While it is every new & aspiring Traderā€™s goal to grow their accounts to one degree or another, sadly most canā€™t. Even worse, most just starting out have such unrealistic hopes that they are doomed to failure. Just listening to the newest Anthony Robbins motivational audiobook wonā€™t give you the winning edge or mental stamina to weather what Trading will place on you - ask any one here and they will agree.

I have posted a Demo account on Forex LTD. linked to MyFxBook for the express purpose of showing what exactly I meant all those years ago in 2010, when I said have a realistic plan. If I could poll those reading this post, Iā€™d like to know how many of you doubled your account last year? For those that did this, kudosā€¦ to which Iā€™d ask with what amount of drawdown? Iā€™m confident the list of Traders willing to cough up their results would be small. Why is that?

Emotions babyā€¦ fear, shame, greed and worry over judgement by your peers. If you are new and developing as a Trader these are major hurdles to overcomeā€¦ let alone make them public knowledge. This is even more so when it comes to Mentors and trainers and dare I say itā€¦ gurus. Iā€™m lumped in there some whereā€¦ and I will leave it to you the reader to determine where exactly. However, most Mentors rarely if ever post their trade results. I mean post them in a format that allows careful scrutiny & criticism by their would-be patron or Jedi Knight in training. Why is that?

Humans have an uncanny ability to hide those things that cause them guilt, sadness, fear, ridicule, unwanted stress. Couple that fact with the idea that some gal/guy wants to show you a thing or two about Trading Forex. You have a 100% chance of no proof of their prowess. I personally put myself on the block for open ridicule on this website. Some of you thought you had me over a barrel and felt I was the punchline to a good joke. The truth is, Iā€™ve conducted a social study on the experience and itā€™s quite fascinating.

While I do indeed have the experience and prowess I have and do occasionally puff aboutā€¦ I allowed my image to be tarnished. In hopes that some one out there would step up and be the hero and show us what its like to be exposed and unedited. Free to be judged and criticized on the skills each of us claim to haveā€¦ but by the looks of thingsā€¦ donā€™t have!

There is an expression tossed about - MyFxBook or it didnā€™t happen. Largely, I would agree if we are talking about Mentors. For the average joe that haunts these forums, not so much. Believe it or not, most donā€™t care what any of us think about them. I am one of those individuals. I can dust myself off and shine on any given day and it would be nothing to dismiss the negative comments some lab my way. Unfortunately, most donā€™t have that thick of skin. Their feelings get hurt and this effects their performanceā€¦ then the losing cycle begins.

For those that never had the opportunity to see my early works shared on Babypipsā€¦ I taught making 6% a month was a wonderful goal for a new developing Trader to strive for. It wasnā€™t flashy, it didnā€™t have dramatic soundtracks and special effects to entertain you in video format. It was a boring plan of making 1.5% a week compounding 6% monthly. Did you know that this could - without taxation - turn a $1000 into over $1,000,000.00 account in 10 short years?

I know who has 10 years to wait around for that right? Well ask yourself thisā€¦ itā€™s been over 5 years since I taught this to youā€¦ how far along are you now? I bet you chased some Supply & Demand Dynamic Wedge Animal Pattern programā€¦ only to see your wheels still spinning. Go back to the beginningā€¦ start slow, start right.

I realize some arenā€™t financially able to plunk down $1000 to trade. Some of you folks are college kidsā€¦ with loans and costs that drain your funds. However, I would wager you all have $100.00 to risk. If you make 6% a month in 14 short yearsā€¦ yes they pass very fast, trust me, this too grows to over $1,600,000.00 - again [U]not[/U] accounting for taxation. It doesnā€™t take much to do this but [I][B]patience[/B] [/I]and submission to T.I.M.E.

At any rate this is the point and purpose of this accountā€¦ to show you how it can be done and not hit homeruns eitherā€¦ all while keeping RISK low:

ICT SimTrader System by AverageJoeToPro | Myfxbook

As alwaysā€¦ Good Luck & Good Trading! :57:
[B]The Inner Circle Trader[/B]

YAY! Michael is back :)))

Just wanted to say Thanks for the free video series you offer. It has been a big help to me and has answered some basic questions. Like the Wyckoff method, which when using volume can be very daunting. Volume is hard to read because in FX especially it doesnā€™t present itself to well. The accumulation and distribution phases are much easier to understand. I know there are many other methods and Pete Fader has some good instruction on this site as well. I use a lot of the Wyckoff methods myself though that isnā€™t the only method to use. Not everyone uses it. But all in your videos are much appreciated. I also like the Fractal explanations. Thanks Mike!

[video]https://youtu.be/7JRFySU-6mI[/video]

I came across ICT through this website a year ago and started studying the tutorial pages. Still working fulltime I had no time to trade properly but noticed a marked improvement in the few positions I did put on in forex. Finally, six months ago I had the chance to stop working and study the videos fulltime. Iā€™m still very new but Iā€™ve pulled in a consistent, modest income every week for the last two months. This is without taking big risks, gambling or taking potshots. Some of the precision of ICT methods is nothing short of astonishing. Iā€™ve dabbled in trading for about four years, with several different asset classes, experiencing some big highs and VERY big lows. Not until I came across ICT did I feel like I had any source of genuine, true education. Thankyou :slight_smile:

Thank you for sharing you work.

You said at the end of the video that there is information which you are ā€œbeing prompted not to includeā€.

Who is controlling you? and why are you not including it?

Didnā€™t you know he was being ā€œmonitoredā€ by the CFTC & Federal Reserve?
Oh god yeah, theyā€™re so petrified of his market prowess theyā€™ve restricted his activity to DEMO accounts only these days.

Such is their panic heā€™ll reveal too much ultra-sensitive trading information theyā€™ve bugged his phone lines, internet traffic & public network access.
Heā€™s very much a thorn in the side of Wall Street.

Itā€™s probably why he has to constantly delete all his twitter traffic & purge his bulletin board videos every so often. Iā€™m surprised you didnā€™t know?!

Stop using sarcasm like an asshole and say what you really want to say

Noticed how every time he turns up again all the ā€˜one-post-wondersā€™ & previously registered multi-nicks crawl out of the woodwork?

Like the forum hasnā€™t witnessed all that before
The joys of familiar territory.
Let the circus beginā€¦again!
lol

Ugh not again. I hope this at least leads somewhere.