Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

Add up the viewer minutes on the livestream channels alone.

In excess of 100 very informative, intructional videos giving great insight into a difficult, complex market, a market renowned for it’s many rogue ‘educationalists’ (most of whom have the only goal of getting your credit card) all this adding up to many, many long hours of compiling, editing and uploading.

Add to that the hours spent in chat rooms. and babypips threads.

All at a cost to us newbies of nothing.

In my view ’ 5 stars ’ is wholly inadequate to describe ICT’s giving.

I am going to call you the [I]Thank You Man[/I]:51:. Its a pleasure.

Not questioning his content, or his vids or his trading style.

The question was directed to ICT as a mentor. It’s more a psychological question.

If I could rate it higher than 5 stars I would. Now don’t this as bragging as it isn’t. Here is the reasons why:

I know what you need to know.
I know what you can learn by presentation.
I know and understand what I personally CAN NOT teach you… but I understand how to lead you into the woods… leave you there alone, scared and unsure… but given you a map. You have to understand the “you”… learn more about that part of Trading… and anything I share will be a snap.

I know what I was looking for… after painful losses and wasted time. You have ample exercises, tools and applications to develop the better understanding of the “you”. I had to take point blank range to the head and chest for years before I understood what I didn’t know… what I didn’t know.

However, I could have simply said yes… but I felt your inquiry deserved a more fleshed out response. Hope that satisfies!

:57:

I think the question was a measure of my personal perspective as a Mentor… I didn’t read into it as anything otherwise.

However, I appreciate the feedback… it is the only reward I seek.

:57:

That was exactly the answer i was hoping to get.

5 STAR Plus in my book!

Thank you ICT you are the MAN!

Thanks. That puts things much clearer for me now and pulled me out from the “tools pit”. I think I delved too deeply into studying and losing trades using them, and forgot the basics - K.I.S.S.

:60:

[B]Trade Update…[/B]

These are the positions I still have open.

So far I am pretty happy with these trades and they are doing what I thought they would be doing.

One thing I am pretty upset by is GFT…I added more positions today to go long on Aussie, Cable, and Fiber and waited to do just a day trade with these pairs. Once I got the pips I wanted I closed out these trades, but instead of my program closing out the day trades they closed out my first trades I took. Does all platforms do this? I know I was on the correct ticket order and when I pressed close, it didn’t close the order…it closed my first orders that I wanted to let run for long term…

Does anyone know why this happened or what I might be doing wrong in closing for partial profits…

Thanks

Nice trades piphanger. In the US, brokers are required to operate according to FIFO. The first that is bought is the first that is sold. You have to have a second account in order to place a position trade and a day trade, otherwise this is what will happen.

It’s probably not anything you’re doing wrong. Some brokers will always just close orders in the order in which they were opened. I’m not sure if it’s a setting which can be changed. You might be able to add a secondary account within your GFT account so you can use one for long-term trades and one for short-term

EDIT: Impressive trades by the way

lazydog,

Thanks for the reply, I will keep this in mind from now on…looks like once I build up my account again I will need to open another account…

Yeah they are pretty nice trades, but if I had my two Aussie trades still open they would be gaining me a lot more money by now…o well…at least I’m still making something…

ICT, if you get a chance, and get your voice back…could you explain why you entered the way you did on the Fiber.

As I see it using the tools the way I know how, I don’t see any entries on the Fiber except for 1.2985 area during the late part of the LO KillZone…

Just an explanation of why you took it where you did would be great.

Thanks

Since I have worked two 14 hour days so far this week, plus some side jobs, and getting up at 1:30 am to trade…I will leave the screenshots out of this message and just post my entries and exits for today…

[B][U]Cable:[/U][/B] Entry - 6080 Exit - 6120

[B][U]Fiber:[/U][/B] Entry - 2990 Exit - 3050

[B][U]Aussie:[/U][/B] Entry - 0260 Exit - 0300

I tried exiting these trades and when I did it exited out of my original trades so I took most of my profits today only leaving a very small portion on to run…o well

I was thinking the exact same thing. Looked at the trade. All that I can fathom is that it was a momentum play.

Yes, wel thought out, I was just thinking, there are a few here going on about the COT report, that’s fine, but if you haven’t got the basics, the COT report ain’t going to help you much, actually it will probably add to the confusion.

Oh, this weeks tool, find a bullish pin bar and go long :smiley:

Well I seem to be one of them. The the COTS report which came out on 05 Oct had net shorts which matched 6 month back figures / 12 month back figures . I saw the charts , saw confluence and took shorts. But was very surprised to see ICT take a long bias . Point being , how does one get to kno when to rely on COTS and when to ignore it ? Cos a net short report doesnt make price action change after 2/3 days of downside , does it ?

ICT …advise pls.

The COT report is longer term, and remember it’s not the same market either.

Hi Shaunfx,
A big thank you for your explanation, I find them very useful :35:.
Quick question on the EG chart you posted, your fib levels look different than mine on my MT4: your 127% is above the 0 line…: could you tell me which number did you use in the “add levels” (i’m playing with some figures but no luck…). Cheers

Yes its the futures mkt but both are pretty closely related.

Long term , agreed… so when i see net shorts equalling net shorts of 6 months ago… and at very high levels …how do i know that I should be ignoring it ?

Same thing in CADfutures ( reverse of UCAD ) , net shorts were largest ever upto two weeks back but nothing happened .

So how does one know ICT when to take the signal and and when not to .

US yield bear div.
smt bear div.
bear OTE on cable and bear reflection on fiber coming close…
and it all doesnt matter because Im not willing to go short unless market structure changes…
grrr
but I think I need this mindset to progress as a trader…