Inner Circle Trader's Pro Traders Club 2012 - 2013 Series

EU/GU/USDX divergence? It was exactly during Asian session that the SMT divergence formed. Cable was diverging, but why take Fiber instead of Cable?

Add to it:

• Cable / W%R hidden bearish divergence on daily
  • Confluence of the bearish OTE with down trend line. Down trend not part of ICT teachings, but probably others are looking at it.
  • Tueā€™s 200% daily trinity target reached.
  • Weekly trinity sell zone. Price at previous week high.

Today could be a seek and destroy day for setup into shorts for Thu/Fri?

Hi Traders,

I saw some one saying something about the basics. I think my recent studies on the COT reports etcā€¦ clouded my vision of the basics a bit and that person was 100% correct. I did very well trading off of the basics alone.

One thing I didnā€™t focus on at all was how the Asian range actually accumulated positions. I also noticed something intresting, since the Asian range can also be a bit confusing in itā€™s own, they start their accumulation phase very early in the Asian session. If you take the Asian open and draw a straight line, where will it go 1st? Up or Downā€¦ that is the simplest way of looking at it.

I also saw that allot of the times if the Judas swing doesnā€™t look like a Judas if you look at the accumulation phase 1st then there probebly isnā€™t going to be a Judasā€¦

The COT reports are also long term yes and can be used to get in a position trade or two but like any longer term analysis it doesnā€™t meen every day or week will be either up or down.

I hope this helps clear up things for some of the people that was stuck on this question with me.

Thx

Im a little confused :stuck_out_tongue:

Whats more important, Market Flow or Market structure?
Im thinking about cable these days(Daily timeframe), wich made a LTH at 18. of september, wich would suggest a bearish market structure, but that high blew the last high(Turtle Soup) with just 2 pips on my platform(wich should be long term bullish market flow). And I am thinking that right now we have a bearish flow on daily cable, but when it reaches its OTE of the last major swing, instead of bearish so I can take the entry, it would shift to bullish againā€¦ wich would sugest the last move is just a retracement instead of a reversalā€¦

So is Market Flow/Structure equal, and I need to find other clues(COT,OI, Yields etc) to get a clue, or is Market Structure more important?

what are you guys working with?

sorry for the ramble, please let me know what you guys think?

Hi Jerome

You should add a negative value and subtract 1. See screenshots below. When you pull your fib from a high to low or low to high, you will see the retracement levels and the extension levels on the same fib. You then donā€™t have to invert the fib to get the extension levels. Just for convinience. Cheers

Fib levels 1
Fib levels 2
Fib levels 3

I think of Market Structure, where the swings are, and itā€™s absolutely fundamentally essential that you understand this principle probably above all else IMHO.

amazing how divergence and all other tools points down and we keep pushing candle by candle up. Fun :slight_smile:

Havenā€™t had so much fun in years :slight_smile:

Itā€™s running gout of steam now though, range and all that.

Hopefullyā€¦ Because this kind of trades really beats* you down to your knees :expressionless:

Yep. Painful to watch :17:

COT reports and data are weekly. Those trades that ICT mentioned are scalps. See the difference?

Then again, COT is another tool so it should not be the sole reason we go into a trade.

Fabā€¦far more convenient indeedā€¦
Thanks a million

haha purple patch who managed to get through to my hardheaded scull, and I now trade only with the htf market structure and not against itā€¦ already saved me 2 more losses yesterday and today. thanks for that!

Fun to watch?
it would be even more fun if I ever found an entry long and would be in the rideā€¦ well that would be great fun!:wink:

I believe even good data wonā€™t change a thing :smiley:

Not sure why everyone is shorting? Not like I have room to talk, but everyday so far has offered great long entries. I would have entered long on cable and fiber again but I want to keep my original longs still running.

I did tho enter long on Aussie and its still runningā€¦

So far I am closing the gap on all my loses and getting close to breakeven all in one weeks worth of tradingā€¦this has been a well needed week.

Well i shorted because there was weekly R2, divergence on 15min, divergence on 1h, 4h overbought, weekly overbought, 20 level, we had 3 reject candles (hammers). And cable until today was showing weakness for possible further divergence between those to pairs. Wellā€¦

I have been studying Eur/USd and at first was thinking on shorting the pair at 1.3500, but after second evaluation i realized that i would be trading against my own direction bias whihc is bullish, reason are market structure and flow are bullish. So after looking at SMT divergence and playing around with fib tool i found a possible entry with fibo using asia range high to low which gives as a nice ote entry. profit target based on expansion and 200 level point that very 1.3520 and there where i would have POSSIBLY got out, maybe even a little earlier. However i had a moment of hesitation and decided to stay out, mainly because i was not expecting to go long from that level. The SMT divergence came in form of Fibre making higher high, whilst cable unable to do so which indicates smt buying more fibre then cable. So i am still flat , sitting on side lines. I have started trading 4 weeks ago and only have had 3 trades so far, 0.5% demo up.

I think i will wait to see a retest of this high, if it is a new high to make a short.

Sounds safer to me.

Good trading.

Wait for a fractul to form

Good luck buddy, my the market turn and give you many pips your way:)

All of what you said is useless without higher timeframe market flow / structureā€¦look at where we bounced on the 4 hour charts and pull fib on the lowest ote this monthā€¦look at 200 and 400 projection levels to see where we are heading tooā€¦

Not trying to make you frustrated and not trying to claim I know what Iā€™m talking about, because we all know how horrible I have been trading latelyā€¦just stating what I am seeing right now and itā€™s working out so far.

Keep you head upā€¦