Is it possible

Name one. And please cite your source.

Thank you. So it would be more accurate to say that this year’s top performing hedge funds have achieved 30% gains.

How you worded it gave the impression that the feat was consistent on an annual basis and the gains not as high as you mentioned.

Yep, and if you have one bad month, you may be down to about $5K and you will make $250 a week that you need first to get that $15K back before you are in the black again.

Which would take: $1000+$250 = $1250/2 = $625 $15000/$625= 24 weeks. So you will be missing $24000 in income until you are break even again. Better to have another $20K to cover a bad month.

When you have $20K you can start realizing your dreams to become a pro, but you are not a pro at that time.

Well… the initial figures were from what I remembered so not too accurate… sorry for that…

So, Yunny… 5-10% Consistently per month is reasonable and a good return… Right?

My target is 3% to 10% monthly return. So for me… yes, that is a reasonable and good return :slight_smile:

Since the end of Jan 2012 I’ve been averaging around 3.5% per month on a small account. But…it’s not easy, a bit like threading a sewing needle with clothesline rope. This is my 4th year trading this silly stuff and I consistently lost money during my first three years. I still have multi week slumps and completely f**&ed up in September blowing the two previous month’s profit. :56:

It’s the hardest underpaid job I’ve ever had. If you’re looking for fast easy cash, mopping toilets is so much easier and the pay is sooo much better.

Yeah, with 1 million on your account i think is possible

This is a difficult job guys, some stats

:32:

ha ha ha… lol… :32:

So if a money manager says they will bring in 30% return per month, what should i ask them? what type of proof?

they are doing 1:200 leverage ecn premier…is that possible to do or they are scammers?

Sounds like a scam.

Twice that per week in some instances. I know, I know… unbelievable.

[B]GLGT[/B] :57:

Of course it depends on the account balance!

It’s all relative and dependant on your risk profile! You can make high returns but can you make them regularly?

$10000 return per month is 10% on a 100000k account 100% on a 10k account need to be little more specific I think.

Then think the above comments are a 1 month snapshot if you can do that month after month I will follow you.

Try setting realistic goals with sound money management and if you have an account way bigger that 100000k then you will find it possible to make those returns although still definitely not easy.

BUT 1 month is only that there are so many factors that come into play if you do have a month like that you will become overconfident an blow up your account in no time. Returns I believe are historical try looking at a 1 2 years perspective and set yourself and when you set a specific figure like 10 k I think you have it all wrong 10 plus % after a year your are doing well

Cheers Crow

Silentboy, What some of these wise guys are trying to say is ‘where can you get 360% returns on your money?’ Of course it’s unrealistic. If there is a trader out there who can consistently produce those sort of figures he would own a hedge fund and be worth trillions. There is a reason why 80% of traders lose money. If you had a million dollars and [B]could[/B] return 12% pa you would get your 10,000 dollars a month. Much more realistic but have you got a million dollars?

In Oct’12, I made a net return of 29.89%. But this month, right now I am negative by -9%.

Well, with a max of 200:1 30% doesn’t sound strange. It is about 7,5% on 50:1.

But it doesn’t show conservative money management, I’ll give you that.

Fluctuation is way too high, IMO … looks like your might want to reassess your risk aversion.
In all probability you’re overtrading. :slight_smile:

So what’s your monthly yield for the whole of 2012 so far (if you don’t mind the question)?

Cheers,
P.

There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.
(Colin Powell)