Is the next stock market crash imminent?

yes, fear

fear!!!

im definately jeallous on you now :smiley:

lack of sleep comes from work anyway and now i have a second source for lack of even more sleep :confused:

As everyone keeps telling me:

‘Do not wish this time away’…

That baby will not be a baby forever…one day it may

blossom into an awkward adolescent :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

true i agree but for me personally i cabt do much with babies. for me the best time is when they start talking like my daughter is since a bit more then a year. then you can play with them buy then stuff and their eyes are big like garage doors of enthusiam and happiness when they see you.

and the best is when they talk nonsense and say words wrong. i lovvveeee how my daughter says “umbrella” i poop myself of laughing everytime she says it :smiley:

forgiving? you must be nuts today. im thankfull for your advices!

thank you both Francis and ForexUnlimted for your advices. unfortunately it seems a bit harder to do at the moment.

my problem is that i made huge surplusses starting this year till may. so i decided to increase my standard position size and double it up from €50/point/pip to €100/point/pip. after i did i had few normal trades and one boom trade which made me a lot of money in less then 48 hours.

this was the killer to my trading habbits. i got draged away into big profits in small time. so i (now in hindsight i realize that) always wanted to see the same number. repeat it over and over again every day. became greedy so to say… so the following weeks were marked by good trades where most of them them went against me, after beeing in good pluses, because i wanted more and stayed in too long. on top of that we had a very narrow market from middle of may till now where no big moves happened (except on gold) so i lost on good trades.

its only my behaviours fault and i know that very well. but i am not able to find a way out at the moment, at all.

then i had this gold trade (if you remember Francis) which was a big winner but i got thrown out by 1 miserable pip right in the beginning. so i felt like the market owes me. which of course i know aswell is bad/wrong. ever since then my behaviour on markets chanced into bad trading. even thou i forsee the direction perfectly im unable to make any money on it. (like the dow move starting friday last week). and i cant get out of that behavioural/psychological hole i digged myself even thou i know very well what my mistakes are and how to get out it, is not as easily done as planned.

in my opinion i aswell think, like you do ForexUnlimited, that behaviour/psychology is 90% to trading and always knew that. but sometimes you get draged away either by too many hits or by too much “confirmation”.

my problem became that in times when i must hold to the trade i leave to early and times when there are signs to close a trade in profits i hold onto it till it gets me back to 0 or even minus.

gave it a lot of thoughts today. my wife only says “youre overworked” so im going to take a step back and reduce my standard position back to the old and maybe go on vacation for a couple of days somewhere where theres no internet or phones, just to get my head clear again.
wasnt on vacation since almost 3 years now.

and if that doesnt work ill think of something new i guess.

My advice:

Don’t be too hard on yourself, it’s not worth it.
If you feel the need to trade, cut your position sizes down by 50% (@ a minimum).
Pick up a new hobby (even if it is just temporary). Buy a guitar, or download an app and learn to play chess.
Exercise and eat well regularly.
Read a book about successful traders to inspire you.
Go back and review some trades you’ve made in the past to re-build confidence.

PS: so much so for a Fed-hold being equity-positive…

My S&P500 short is up 200 pips…

There is no positive sentiment left in these markets…

To echo an old song: “The only way is …” down!

(there is no song called that… yet)

:slight_smile:

thank You ForexUnlimited. you are right. im going to take a day off. gonna be back trading a day after brecit as im pretty sure markets will be flat anyways untill thos brexit stuff is over

as i said 6 months ago, powder is used up. ammunition tanks are empty. credibility is low. so for minor up moves the FED now has to get out bazookas. but for down moves they only need one wrong or bad placed word.

but i see more positive then negative to that. as i traded already back then when central banks did not have as much power to easily influence markets as they are doing from 2009 till now - im quite happy their influence is beeing reduced and discounted by the market participants as its beein done as of late and hope it continues this way even more.

Agreed!!

Now that Brexit has happened and it took markets by surprise, will it be the catalyst for the cyclical market reversal?

John Kicklighter, Chief Strategist at DailyFx.com,
explores the implications of Brexit for global risk
aversion:

Watch “Strategy Video: Has Brexit Finally Tipped Global Risk Aversion?” on YouTube

I still think the crash is around 5 years away the dia even though seems low is pretty neutral.
If its closer it will be after the US presidental election

My guess is the aud usd is gonna boune back on monday and the eur usd will follow

if the aud usd does not bounce back and i am an expert at the aud usd i’ve been doing this a long time, look at my aud usd thread where like clockwork. IF the aud usd does not bounce back next week it’s all over. BUt i seriously doubt it. look to the aud usd ther is your answer the aud usd fell before the euro its all about the aud usd. And i said dont traide looks fishy.

Well wait see what the aud usd does next week if she don’t pull enough greens its very bad i wont be trading for a while

the aud usd has to pull a monday tuesday or wednesday really for hope

Well, Turbo, my S&P500 short, opened back in the third week of April,

has just approached a +900 pips level… It looks like it may finally break that 2000(0) level…

This would open the doors to a further drop, maybe down to 1800(0)… I am keeping this one

running until then…

How are you positioned in equities?

This beastie refuses to die
…it has recovered most of the losses from ‘Brexit day’…

That 6000 level keeps acting as a massive elastic band, bouncing price back up every time it tries crossing it…and there have been several occasions of this in the last year…

I will keep holding short…sooner or later, there will be nothing left to hold this up…

im extremely happy francis that your positions are developing good! sorry for my late reply i only today saw your post. keep on the great work. 900 pips is a awespme number!! by the end of september you will habe at least 3000 pips i cam forsee that on the statistics of the average summer hole and i hope you will be able to stick to the positions till then and i hope that you aswell will be able to find a good point to exit your positions in the right timing!

a lot of continental europe buying brittish companies on the huge drop of the pound. i habe firseen that the ftse will ne bough up heavily after the brexit but i didnt immagine it will happen this fast.

i made a post somewhere on this forum sonetime a month orctwo ago saying “britons becoming immugrant workers in their own country working for only foreign companies” because brittish companies get bought up massively by germans spanis and french companies due to bad management and therefore resulting in cheap prices for companies which are actually good ones.

now those companies are real bargains due to the 15-20% drop of the gbp and the dowmgrating of moodies and fitch

This is where fundamentals and price do not stack up in my mind:

we are very close to historic highs in the FTSE100, which means that there is not much gain to be had

for long-term investors… which means that something will have to initiate deleveraging, by necessity,

as painful as it may be… but someone’s losses will be someone else’s opportunity: I will be there when

this bastard index finally responds to NORMAL MARKET CYCLES and returns to fair price.

I am not hoping, I am not praying, I am demanding that the markets let go, just stop propping the

sh+t out of these indexes…

Just

Stop

Let price fall… 10, 20, 30%, whatever…

Let it go down, it is good for everyone, eventually…