JL Method in honor of ForexPhantom

Morning everyone,
is it possible for someone to send me a copy of the phantom’s original indicator, the zip file.
I want to install it on my desktop at work. For some strange reason, I can’t seem to manually install or overlay the moving averages onto the macd indicator. When I drag the ma indicator from the navigator screen onto my charts, it’s installed on my charts instead of on the macd indicator at the bottom of the chart. Can anyone say what I’m doing wrong?

I have it on my laptop at home, but for whatever reason, getting it on the desktop at work is not working.
Thanks.
David

Don’t worry guys. I figured it out.

Hello,

today i’ve bagged 310pips on Gold(short) and 120 on E/U(short). Gold was opened yesterday.
And i have just opened U/J long, fingers crossed.
Good luck to everyone!

Kirby

Hi guys i’ve been away from this forum this week, but how is everyone doing?

Hey kirby!

Good to hear your in the money, keep up the good work!

Happy trading

Jason :43:

[QUOTE=“jayboii478;719188”]Hi guys i’ve been away from this forum this week, but how is everyone doing?[/QUOTE]

Was wondering where you were.

Im getting there.

Trying to refine the SL and TP.

[QUOTE=“kirby76;719148”]Hello, today i’ve bagged 310pips on Gold(short) and 120 on E/U(short). Gold was opened yesterday. And i have just opened U/J long, fingers crossed. Good luck to everyone! Kirby[/QUOTE]

Nice one there kirby

[QUOTE=“Snipes;718966”]Have UsdChf long @ 0.94026 AudNzd long @ 1.109473 EurChf long @ 1.08317[/QUOTE]

Forgot to update
UsdChft + 51 pips
AudNzd -57
EurChf B/E

Haha, Yea sorry about that! The SL we’re going to need a big one for this strategy because of how big the moves usually are. TP i’m sticking to resistance and support areas for now as long as my risk reward is 2:1 at least

Yes, I agree with at least a 2:1 RR and a wide SL. I’m trialing 00 or 50 numbers. Have just entered AUD/USD long at .7136 with a SL at .7050 (the lowest point this pair has reached on my chart) and
a TP at .7300. Will let you know how it goes.

Snipes, jayboii,
do you use RSI any at all to time your entries? And if so, what setting?
The reason I ask is that although we want to enter a trade when all our signals line up, the fact is that when you wait on a 2/8 ema confirmation cross, you would have already missed one, or in some cases, two candles that are going in your desired direction. So when you enter on the second or third candle, the momentum of the move might be approaching its peak. As a result, you would have lost out on some major pips.

Now having look at the ADX indicator, I agree that it’s not much assistance (except that when there’s also a cross of +D/-D along with the emas, you can bet your life that price will move strongly in the direction signaled).

So I’m just wondering that if there’s a cross on the 1/4 emas and the 2/8 emas have not crossed, BUT the RSI is above below 30 or 50 in the desired direction, would it make sense to take the trade? Just wondering…

David

Hi tedm,
notice that you didn’t wait on the 2/8 emas cross. Any reason why?
I think your TP is a bit high. Pair is in a downtrend and 0.72500 is where I see the next resistance zone. Just my thoughts. That aside, that trade looks to be going well for you.

David

[QUOTE=“jayboii478;719268”] Haha, Yea sorry about that! The SL we’re going to need a big one for this strategy because of how big the moves usually are. TP i’m sticking to resistance and support areas for now as long as my risk reward is 2:1 at least[/QUOTE]
And the big one is the question.

[QUOTE=“chiniebwoy;719381”]Snipes, jayboii, do you use RSI any at all to time your entries? And if so, what setting? The reason I ask is that although we want to enter a trade when all our signals line up, the fact is that when you wait on a 2/8 ema confirmation cross, you would have already missed one, or in some cases, two candles that are going in your desired direction. So when you enter on the second or third candle, the momentum of the move might be approaching its peak. As a result, you would have lost out on some major pips. Now having look at the ADX indicator, I agree that it’s not much assistance (except that when there’s also a cross of +D/-D along with the emas, you can bet your life that price will move strongly in the direction signaled). So I’m just wondering that if there’s a cross on the 1/4 emas and the 2/8 emas have not crossed, BUT the RSI is above below 30 or 50 in the desired direction, would it make sense to take the trade? Just wondering… David[/QUOTE]
I don’t but we can add to the charts and see what we can learn. No harm in trying :slight_smile:

I don’t use RSI i mainly watch the 1 and 4 cross and after they cross if the 2 and 8 are touching and the rest of my entry line up right i take it. Like snipes said we can add it and see how we do with it! Next week I’ll be around more and try to call out my trades step by step. Just remind me Monday if I don’t! Haha

Today’s profit: +206pips. Have a nice weekend for everyone.

Hi David,

What I do is I apply a 2 LWMA to both 1 and 4. When 1 crosses 4, I take it as a first signal. The confirmation comes when the 2 LWMA crosses 4. Thats when I enter. I found this method works pretty well for me so far.

And yes, I do agree that if we wait for 2 to cross 8, we may have wasted quite a significant amount of pips which could have been bagged. I hope this helps.

Regards,
Kelvin

[QUOTE=“Fotovinic;719554”] Hi David, What I do is I apply a 2 LWMA to both 1 and 4. When 1 crosses 4, I take it as a first signal. The confirmation comes when the 2 LWMA crosses 4. Thats when I enter. I found this method works pretty well for me so far. And yes, I do agree that if we wait for 2 to cross 8, we may have wasted quite a significant amount of pips which could have been bagged. I hope this helps. Regards, Kelvin[/QUOTE]
Same like I do!

How does it work for you so far? Alot of good trades? Any downside we should take note of?

go very well as it filters out some bad trades. Still working on the refinement of my SL, TP and trailing stops…