JL Method in honor of ForexPhantom

Yeah. It actually seems too good to be true. I’ve never had so many profits in a row before with other systems or methods. Right now, I think this method works very well in trending environments. You know any currency pairs this method doesn’t work well on?

[QUOTE=“Fotovinic;719731”] Yeah. It actually seems too good to be true. I’ve never had so many profits in a row before with other systems or methods. Right now, I think this method works very well in trending environments. You know any currency pairs this method doesn’t work well on?[/QUOTE]

None I can say. Will need more time to see

Fotovinic,
that’s interesting. So no use of the 8 LWMA for you then? I’m going to try that and see how it works.

David

Thanks jayboii. I think I’ll ignore the RSI for now. Trading without too many indicators cluttering the screen may be the best way to go.

Hi Snies,
on second thought, I’m going to leave the RSI out of it. I recognise the phase that I’m at now…that phase where I need to refine something and clutter up my charts. not a good thing to do.

David

Hi Chinie

no stress… thing is that there is endless possibilities and a rigid system makes no sense in my view. We all different and like different things. price action remains the only solid view but with the cross it gives you some idea of when to look closer.

Reviewed my charts.

EurChf looks ready for a sell, but don’t like that the MA’s is so low thus not much in it in terms of pips. Also the price is between the 100 and 200 MA’s.
“My Fib” analysis also don’t so much in it ito pips.

NzdUsd looks ready for buy and “bouncing” off a resistance level… Will enter this one even though price below 200 and 100 MA’s.

Don’t see anything else.

Sorry, but i can’t get something: what does it mean "The confirmation comes when the 2 LWMA crosses 4. Thats when I enter."
I actually enter when LWMA 1 crosses LWMA 4 in one direction. How can 2 LWMA(1 and 4) cross LWMA 4??? :o It sounds that there are 3 LWMA on the chart.
Thanks for the clarification in advance!

Kirby

[QUOTE=“kirby76;719825”] Sorry, but i can’t get something: what does it mean “The confirmation comes when the 2 LWMA crosses 4. Thats when I enter.” I actually enter when LWMA 1 crosses LWMA 4 in one direction. How can 2 LWMA(1 and 4) cross LWMA 4??? :o It sounds that there are 3 LWMA on the chart. Thanks for the clarification in advance! Kirby[/QUOTE]

Hi Kirby

The original method is 1 crossing 4. What we have been trying to do is getting a filter to enter more real signals. If u go back u will note variations.
Jay added 2 and 8 LWMA. I use 1,2 to cross 4 LWMA.
There is also 200 and 100 EMA.

I see, thank you Snipes. I give it a try.

Hey team,

Hows everyone doing? I’ll do analysis tomorrow on what I’m looking at. Right now the USD is going to get stronger nd the EURO might get weaker. So bare in mind these things for this week, last week we had the China crisis that threw the market around, hopefully will sort itself out between today and tomorrow and get back to normal.

Jason

Hi David,

Yeah I hardly use the 8 LWMA but it’s there on my chart. Credit goes to Snipes for this filter as he was the one who introduced it to me. All the best trying it. For me, it works well in a trending environment.

Regards,
Kelvin

I’m looking to long USDCAD. Price just bounced off a level and going in direction of trend. Waiting for 2 to cross 4 for the confirmation signal.

USDCAD does look nice, once the 1 and 4 cross, if the USD is strong this week, could be a nice trade!

Another one I’ll add to the radar for the week, EURAUD long, the MAs are far apart, but once the 1 and 4 cross over and if this daily candle closes above the 50% fib, could be a good long!

I’ll look again tomorrow AM for some more trades.

Happy trading :64:

Jason :43:

EURNZD- looking good for a long, coming out of the 61.8 fib. 1 and 4 have now crossed too.

if GBPCAD closes above the 61.8 fib could be a good long

USDCAD looking good for a long but watchout for the 1.3350-1.3400 area!

AUDUSD looking good for a short on the 1 and 4 cross but .7000 is a HUGE psyc area for this pair so beware there!

Happy trading

Jason

Hi guys,

How’s everyone doing so far? This thread is a gem so let’s continue to share trade ideas and not let this die down yeah?

Happy trading,
Kelvin

Agree.

Im just going over past trades and my notes for a bit and reviewing to see whats next

Speaking of sharing trading ideas, here’s an observation that I made.

Prior to Sunday I had the 1/4 ema indicator overlaid on the MACD at the bottom of my chart.
Unlike most persons here, I had the 2/8 ema indicator overlayed on my actual candle stick chart.
Based on Snipes/Fotovinic’s use of the 2 ema, I changed by 2/8 ema indicator to a 2/4 setting.

With both sets of indicator in play the crossovers on both occur almost in tandem, although sometimes the 1/4 cross occurs before the 2/4 cross. Doing a manual backtest on a number of pairs, however, I noticed that occasionally the 2/4 crossover occurs before the 1/4 crossover and over 90% of the times, the 1/4 crossover will follow. It therefore led me to believe that once the 2/4 crossover occurs first it is almost automatic that the 1/4 cross will follow and you can therefore get in the trade early.

Now it’s never good to try and mess with a good thing, but, what the heck…I traded four pairs on the basis above (eurusd, euraud, eurnzd and eurjpy and they were all winners. I made 70 pips alone on the euraud. In fact if you check both the euraud and eurusd, the 1/4 cross has just taken place, and can now be considered for trading.

Your thoughts.

David

Chinie

Thats an interesting view. Will have a look. If u go to post one the objective was first to filter as much as possible to enter good signals. I (for one) dont believe we have the right one yet. But we successful i think regardless.