Macfibo system

Thanks for the updated version

Every MA crossover system will go through this buddy.

I read it, after posting this bro, Thanks for the newer version of it, I was already trying to play with SR lines, and this will help. I was looking for a re entry guide as well

I checked, but there wasn’t any News at that time ;/

Congratz for 1.1 :slight_smile:

Very interesting!

Nice stats there, pare!

Thanks for the v1.1 as well.

Question, if TWELVE is the best wins in a row, what is the worst LOSS IN A ROW in your stats please?

Hi, I’m a newbie with 2 questions:

1. How can I easily attach Fibo Retracement to point A and then drag to point B? Now Im doing that via Objects List by changing the Parameters in Properties of the Fibo. The Fibo figure is very small.
  2. How can I see the price that belongs to the Fibo numbers. For instance now I only see 161.8 and not also the associated price (1.32456).
    Gr. René
  1. On meta trader platform just click on fibonacci retr. option, click “random” on your chart, double click on the diagonal usually red line in between the retracement and drag the now highlighted extremes to make it fit. If you are not using MT, get it :wink:

2. Fibo proprieties-> fibonacci levels->edit “description” by adding %$ to see the price level

Sufiansaid, Thanks for MacFibo version 1.1.
I know that you have worked very hard to help us, newbies, with this new version.
I really like the filter part as it’s very useful.
As mentioned before, I also use Bollinger Bands to pre-assess the situation before applying your Macfibo crossover.
I understand most MA crossover will work best in trending market and not in ranging market.
So I make sure that the bands are not contracted and if it’s currently in that mode, I then set S/R lines based on BB and only applying MacFibo when price goes beyond those lines. Once setting the BB, you can see it very clear
As a newbie, I can see it’s helped me to avoid many fake out crossings.
Again, thanks for your generosity to share a very powerful system.

Hello CryAgony, thanks, it all works as you wrote.
Only after clicking random on my chart, I get a very small icon of 3x1 mm2 in which I cannot see a red line. Then I have to click blind on that icon, for several times. Is it possible to get a greater icon/symbol so that I can see the red line directly?

It’s not needed to click “several times” - just double click on it.
Anyway is surely possible: after choosing the fibo retr. option, when you click on the chart, HOLD the left button of the mouse, and drag it to the destinated candle

Hope it helps!

Cryagony, thank you for helping me. I need to practice the clicking with my netbook. Good luck with trading.
Gr. René

Hear hear, thanks Sufian, AWESOME work buddy!

But it was a very big candle. I understand this might be confusing. If a candle is not caused by news but it is till BIG anyway, then it ticks the criteria. I can explain a whole E-book about Big candles but I am not sure it will help you especially you just starting Forex Trading. But I will try to explain this as simple as possible. It has something to do with range. A big candle covers a lot of ‘daily range quote’ in a single hour hence if that big candle was divided into two or three candles, then price would already hit 161.8 already anyway. That is why very often than not (as my obeservation and what my trading diary states : 73% of the time) a big candle followed by retracement. When the activation candle is big, it is safer to TP @ 127.2 because a lot of possibility that BIG candle already covers a big percentage of the daily range quota.

What made me didn’t enter that trade at all (not TP-ing at 127.2) because it was a Monday Asian Session signal. Secondly, it the activation candle’s close is more or less equal to significant support. But the second point (about Monday Asian session) was enough for me not to take the trade. read the checklist again in ver 1.1.

Keep on digging buddy. :slight_smile: Don’t worry too much about losses as long as you control it (money management, sticking to your exits)… the profit will take care of itself.

I am more focused on the total pips of the consecutive wins/losses rather than a simple Win or Loss. I mean, if I win 5 wins in a row but totalling 30 pips, it doesn’t matter if my two losses in a row rake 60 pips. Based on a quick through on my spread sheet, Macfibo (using Basic version, without filters) the worst lost in a row is 5 losses, totalling less than 100 pips. But that is based on my own manual backtesting.

No problem.

Extracts from the last page of Version 1.1 guide, which I think it is worth posting here :

Few things before I go :

1. I highly recommend if you only trade between Asian Session until London Close
  2. Ignore any trading signal on Monday Asian Session and Friday’s late London Session
  3. For GBPUSD and EURUSD, the most profitable Macfibo trade is during London Session
  4. If the range between 100.0 and 127.2 is more or less equal to average pip win, then you TP at 127.2 only (say today the avg pip win is 35 pips, then the range 100.0 to 127.2 in a new signal is 32 pips, then I will just TP it at 127.2) [I]*** This is a bit tricky. Just ignore this point for now.[/I]
  5. Do not trade USDCHF and EURUSD simultaneously
  6. Keep everything simple and according to the rule/guide for now
  7. Don’t just forward test, do your Backtest as well!

Thanks Sufiansaid for the 1.1 I shall read it now!
And Sufiansaid how do you tackle the weekend, If a trade is still going and hasn’t hit the TP, but still hasn’t hit a 5x8 cross, do you just exit the trade before the market closes even if at a loss?

Hi Blesspips
Whats the settings on your Bollinger Bands? how do you use them to prevent fake outs? Thanks Blesspips

Hi there Cyanidez, What other tools do you use to stack the odds in your favor? Thanks