Macfibo system

Hi there Confirmado, I really appreciate you taking out the time to post these, but instead of saying in the early morning, daytime cross, activation at night, can you say second half of Asian session, late London session. We are all over the world. But thanks for taking the time keep up the good work

Christina

MACFIBO SYSTEM UPDATE 10/4/2012

Firstly I would like to apologize for not posting system updates (thanks Confirmado for holding the fort for me!) for weeks. I was busy with stuff (not to mention writing the Macfibo guide ver 1.1). Anyway, now I have time. Time for the system update.

Several valid signals occured since the last time I posted the system update. The latest one is yesterday. A valid buy signal triggered. Harvested a nice 20+ pips.

For those who thinks Macfibo have been doing badly, then I have to tell you that, assuming that you entered Macfibo trades according to the rules until yesterday, then you must realise Macfibo haven’t been doing THAT badly. Just look at the following stats :

MACFIBO FORM LAST 5 TRADES : LLWWW (Net pips : +16 pips)

MACFIBO FORM LAST 10 TRADES : LWWWLLLWWW (Net pips : +39 pips)

System’s success can be measured many ways. How I measure it is as long as the system gives me signals that after 5 to 10 trades gives me positive profits. 39 pips over 10 trades might not be good enough for you but considering it was quite choppy in the last 10-12 trading days, I think I am doing OK.

MACFIBO STATISTICS 2012 (Updated 10/4/2012)

Average Loss : 22.8
Average Win : 33.6
Net Pips : +877 pips
Average Pips per month as of April 1st : 292.3 pips per month
Win Percentage : 63.2

PDF ATTACHED IN FIRST PAGE.

I’m short on GBPUSD. MACFIBO signal on H1, corresponding with Middle Pivot and yesterday Asia High. My obj is S1 pivot, being in the same range of 161.8 as well!

I love when things overlap =D

TP got hit and there was also a good entry signal on AUDUSD that I took in!

After touching the Channel R the pair went down, creating a macfibo entry on H1, and showing a stoch bearish divergence as well.

hi all! Im trying to add 127.2 and 200 level into my fib but it doesnt appear in my chart. Kindly please advise. Thanks!
Btw, many thanks to sufian for sharing this strategy. I remember I have come acrossed of your blog (sufiansaid).

Hi Christinaa,
I’m a newbie so I don’t create/invent anything new. :smiley:
I’ve just used the normal BB - set up by my broker with color zone Boll up & down.
Then as I wrote to Sufiansaid:

"Sufiansaid, Thanks for MacFibo version 1.1.
I know that you have worked very hard to help us, newbies, with this new version.
I really like the filter part as it’s very useful.
As mentioned before, I also use Bollinger Bands to pre-assess the situation before applying your Macfibo crossover.
I understand most MA crossover will work best in trending market and not in ranging market.
So I make sure that the bands are not contracted and if it’s currently in that mode, I then set S/R lines based on BB and only applying MacFibo when price goes beyond those lines. Once setting the BB, you can see it very clear
As a newbie, I can see it’s helped me to avoid many fake out crossings.
Again, thanks for your generosity to share a very powerful system. "

PS: (hehêhe) if you have more questions please ask and I hope Sufiansaid and Cryagony and Cyanidez and Confirmado, and …and … can help to answer :5:
All the best.

fibo proprieties->levels->“add”->write “1.271” under level and “127.1” (or whatever descr. you like) under descprition

do the same for the other level,

Cheers!

thanks! it works!

Blesspips, Im a newbie too. Since you shared about using BB as filter, kndly please post some sample chart for us to see how you set your SR based on BB and how did it filter macfibo? Thanks!

Is anyone trading the D1 chart on EURUSD? I’m currently short on this, and have set TP at 1.270. Any thoughts?

I’ve decided to give the D1 timeframe a go, given that I simply don’t have time to keep checking charts and getting in on trades in a consistently timely way.

Hi, Sufian, i.m jv a newbie here… As what you say “Macfibo is for my ‘daily pip’ fix”, then what is your other methods for ‘scalping’ needs and ‘long term’ need?

regards,
luciferey

Could you provide us a chart with yours fibo’s, entry etc etc? To have clear when and where you entered exactly, in order to give you a better comment :slight_smile:

Looking briefly at the fiber I can tell you that the mkt flow is surely bearish, and you can even draw a down channel with 2-3 points, which is a valid one.

On a medium term, there is a S at 1.3040, but MAYBE with a descending triangle forming, in correspondance of the channel as well (strong bearish signals)

No SMT divergences on daily chart showing any reversal opportunities.

On short term (H4 for you), there could be a corrective Up wave till 1.3245 before going down again (once again, keep in mind the possible descendant triangle, it’s all okay) or maybe is just consolidating after the recent huge down candles, we will see…

On a even shorter term (H1), there is a little bullish smt divergence, but I don’t count too much on it to take further effects, considering the already 2 past hours bullish candles, ending with a pinbar and now with a bearish move.

(Btw when you want to trade on a long term, checking H4 with D1 confirmation looks better to me for a swing trading)

@Vessel: here D1 chart, doesn’t include all stated above as H4 and H1 charts should be required to do that, but this is enough to give an idea i think. And pls don’t take my analysis too “serious” - is just my 2 cents

Thank @CryAgony, I appreciate you taking the time to look at this.

Here is my chart:

When I look at it again now, I think I may have placed my Point A at the close of the candle after the activating candle, although I remember it not looking clear which was the correct candle at the time.

OK

In this position I wouldn’t have shorted, considering the strong S nearby, I’d have waited. When you entered at 100 fibo, i’d set TP at 1.3 instit level, is 80 pips anyway, not nuts :slight_smile:

or maybe you can TP with 70% of your position at 1.3, and trying to let the rest run, sorting SL at break-even

Hope i’ve been handy :slight_smile:

You certainly have CryAgony, much appreciated. I’m going to set TP to 1.3000 which appears to be the strong S. Then see how it goes.

Thanks again!

BTW, yet to read through version 1.1, so hopefully that will help me further in determining entries.

Mario, I’d love to but don’t know how to copy my chart in here to show you.
If you set BB then look at USDJPY H1 chart, there are clear examples from 5 April to 10 April as 5 X 20 couple times but only fake signals because BB narrowed down like a small tunnel.
You’d see big candles because of news like Sufiansaid warning us in the v 1.1 then price went back to a small range, again.
I’d not apply MAcFibo in those cases.
Hope it’ll help.

Quality analysis. When everything agrees with eachother. harmonic trading.

First thing before I comment further on your D1 Macfibo test, what is your Money Management and Risk Management strategy for this?

I don’t mind sharing it with others but but this won’t be the proper thread (it will be out of topic) to discuss it. But all the methods (scalping and long term) are combination of mechanical and price action analysis-based methods. I rarely scalp anymore because I don’t see the need of it anymore since I prefer the hourly movement (I do sometimes but only when I am bored… bad advice there!). Maybe someday.