Hi Sufian! We missed you!! :59: :60:

wwwwwwwwwwwwaiting:24:

kanmano

hows your trades with eurgbp going?
what session do you trade it in?

have not traded eur/gbp
prior i had traded pre-us

hi sufiansaid
are you having success with any other pairs apart from EU and gold?
Thanks

I think the thread is dead - macfibo + EA don´t seem to be successful finally.

And you can say that because…? …you traded this with profit for a long time? …you backtested it?
Even though I am studying price action right now I still kept the Macfibo MA’s on some charts and spot several valid entrys that wouldve worked out perfectly on a daily basis.
Why on earth do you think Macfibo doesnt seem to be successful?

Just because this system cant be coded into an EA doesnt mean it is dead. Sufiansaid has always said that it is a manual sytem that takes alot of work backtesting to make it work going forward, and that is what i am doing.
Manual backtesting is a slow process, it takes me about an hour do test one month, but it is worth it, you will learn much more about price action than you would using an EA

I believe a Macfibo EA has already been created. It’s creator backtested the Macfibo system from 2009 to the present, and discovered that Macfibo was in fact not profitable (his results were roughly break even over the duration of 3yrs of Macfibo trading). You can read all about it here on post #57 on this thead - http://forums.babypips.com/expert-advisors-automated-trading/44489-macfibo-ea-6.html

The Macfibo EA is available on MQL4.com, and the author of the EA has stated emphatically that Macfibo is not profitable over the longterm.

i m a nu-b but this much i can say a ea does not think v do

bang on
but where is sufian???

Gergő, I think you are right. If Sufian’s system is applied with brain and not like a robot, it is a system which may help us to win. Let’s consider it as a good help in our decisions. Don’t use it blindly.

I have a solution for everybody here.
I have started using MacFibo with mini lots since three weeks now. Results: around 100 pips lost…the solution is if I enter a trade I should advise everybody and then everybody should do the exact contrary of my trade…if there is a signal that I decide not to trade then everybody should trade.
It’s for sure a Holy Grail. Believe me. I will try to post my trade here since tomorrow.

Interesting … and u r the holy grail? no hard feelings here BUT I THINK EVERY ONE HERE MAY BE MISSING THE REAL HOLLY GRAIL OF FX: THE PSYCHOLOGY OF TRADING. There’s no single system that will give u consistent results. and no two traders will get the same results given the same time frame. I dont think a person can ever master fx unless they have read and integrated mark Douglas’ trading in the zone (or his earlier book the disciplined trader). Maybe there are other better books but to me none beats these two. Its yo perception of the market not the macfibo that wins of money. download them cos they are all over the net. i have been back testing macfibo up to June 13th 2012 and am satisfied.Morover am using the 30min chart, the one sufian recommends against! So y are u failing? Try integration other rules in macfibo e.g risk management. yo sl should never be more than 3% of yo equity. avoid ranging markets etc… ohhh and use trade simulator and do backtesting of the same trades u lost. the links to trade simulator are in this thread somewhere. i posted it.

I’m new to babypips and this system interests me a great deal (along with price action). I have been reading through the thread as time has allowed. It seems to be dying out, though I hope that certainly isn’t the case as I would love more info other than what has already been stated in the pdf and this thread. As i have been reading through I picked up on more tips that Safian has mentioned that can be integrated (such as news candles, daily range etc) that I have added in my notes and will implement in the backtest.

Currently I am heeding Safian’s advice and starting to backtest this system MANUALLY (oh such fun hahaha) so as to better understand the mechanics at work and the system as a whole. I do hope this thread continues and that we can help one another increase our understanding.

I’d also like to thank Safian for introducing us to his system and taking all the time he did in replying to people’s questions, as well as the other posters who helped along the way.

Can´t agree more with you friend. I ve been trying to find a hollygrail for about 5 years, tried amolst everything, and guess what there is no such a thing.
Sufian gave us a powerfull system that can be really profitable if you use it according to the rules and brain. I can say that now after backtesting it and using it on foward test, which in my oppinion is the best way to test any system.
I bet Sufian developed an ea (proffitable one) and at this exact moment he is at the beach some where in the world playing good soccer with his kid and glad to have a good system that provides him a good cash every month.
I will get there some day.

I’ve just entered with eur/usd main signal (1hr chart).

I went long @ 1.25758
SL: 1.25401
TP: 1.2593

I didn’t used the 161.8 tp because there is the pivot point in between 127.2 and 161.8 and therefore I preferred not to risk for a reversal.

If some of you red my previous threads then he should take his consequences…

Probably someone continue to not believe me or to say that I am not good for other reason…but here is it another example that I am a HOLY GRAIL!!!

Immediately after having placed the order…everything changed and STOP LOSS was achieved.

Please we need to make an experiment. I will post my trade and someone should do the opposite. It’s a sure winning!!! (and of course loosing for me…so I ask you to donate something to me for the service)

Here is my new trade with MacFIBO (h: 17.00 CET)

SELL EUR/USD @ 1.25343
TP: 1.25118
SL: 1.25658

:41:

Yeah I know about that support line but I placed the order…I think that the system does not work…I have tried to use it with real account and I have lost so far 187 pips in one month. Probably my error is that I have traded only between 10.00 and 18.00 (London time) and sometime I couldn’t open a trade because I was doing other thing (but I have noticed that sometime I should have won and other lost)…

Probably we should find a filter to avoid many fake signals.