Picking Cherries & Apples

I suggest you use a higher timeframe.

Hi all

a couple more trades before i go sleep i haven’t slept since blizard posted this strategy

ok so eurusd - 4 trades 20pips
gbpusd - 4 trades 20 pips
usdchf - 4 trades 3 trades 15pips, 1 trade 7 pips loss
total - 48 pips

total for today between 3am - 1pm est i made 103pips @ $3 a pip $309.oo income today

my only proublem is that i sometimes barely hit tp but 2 losing trades today isn’t bad

harrilalchadd, I’d like to know how you do this with the spread on a 5 min chart. By the time I get confirmation with the SAR most if not all the profit is gone and the spread has eaten it. Can you explain? Thanks.

as you can see on my charts on the top left corner is my spread i have very tight spreads ranging from 0.1-1 pip i am with pepperstone broker very good broker

Hello, here are the setups from today for the EUR/USD on the 5 minute chart. The entries are after the SAR appears and bar closes. This solves any repaint issues as the SAR doesn’t repaint after the bar closes.

Here are the GBP/USD 5 minute chart setups from today. I have labeled also the maximum it went in profit however, this value doesn’t include the spread but still some very good trading. I see some potential here.

thanks

Are you still using step=0.009 max=0.009 settings for SAR?
From the screen shots, looks like default maybe 0.02 and 0.2 maybe? or 0.009 and 0.2?

Hey Blizard!

was trying your system today, looks nice. I think most fakeouts can be avoided by looking at higher timeframes and watching pivot points.

By the way, what is that Automated FX? Do you work there? Is your company? :wink:

Cheers!

Hi Mojo, thanks I’m sure we can work over the next few weeks and really take this system to the next level of efficiency and accuracy. Automated 4x is just a group I recently started just so we can put a face to the names and explore trading ideas.

Thanks

50 posts in24 hour nice.must be something here.
Blizard , thanks for sharing . looks like a nice and simple system !

Real nice method Blizard!

Looking forward to the tweaks that will take it to the next level.

hi guys,
I dont wanna be the “bad boy”; i really apreciate blizard and his webinars, but I think my opinion can contribute on any way. This past june, I have posted on the simple and almost naked thread a 1st idea of a system based on the close of a dot outside of the bb. I have been testing this idea for a month, so i know what im talking about. 1st of all, the main thing wich hides the truth on this system is that the zz repaints. this makes the zz nearly useless, because the 85% of times that the prie moves outside the bands, we have a zz dot. The same occurs with the cci. maybe with a higher lvl it can filter a bit, but with the current one is even more useless than the zz. So basically we are trading with bb. bb are a great tool, but used alone as a main entry and exit strategy, on all market conditions, means a net loss in a long term run.
About the psar, he reduces the fakeouts, but then the entry is farther, and the sl becomes larger, and most of the times, when we enter, we have already lost the movement…

take a look at your charts, your entries would have been nearly the same as using only bollinguer bands or only psar for your last trades… And you have also avoided a pair of losing trades between the 2 you have market on the second chart(just to plot 2 examples)… Today has been a good day for this indicators, but I recomend you to use micro lots for at least 1 month before taking real risk, you will save yourself a lot of money…

that was the backtest entries, without repainting isues…
now take a look at the real time entries:

I know thats just the beggining of a new system… maybe trading this togheter with fibos, pivots, or just with support/resistance from the previous swing zz dots, and waiting for an engulfing bar or a pin bar in this key lvls…I think that the entry should be based on something more than bb and a pair of lagging indicators.

I did not want to offend anyone, this is strictly my humble opinion.

Hope you can find the way to turn it profitable.

Hey Paw3000, I think it’s great to really test a system and I’m not offended at all. You are correct in that all we really need is the Bolinger bands with SAR. In fact I think as long as the SAR dot is outside of the Bolinger band when it first appears it may just be enough. We may actually be able to make the system even more simple.

I also noticed that your " real time entries" didn’t have the SAR, these don’t repaint as far as I know. The setups I posted for today use the SAR for entry so there are no repaint issues and we are no longer using the zee_zee_i as per a couple of posts ago, so lets pick apart the new system that uses the SAR and Bolinger bands just to be fair.

Thanks

Thanks, I hope we have something here.

Yes, I think we can keep it simple and effective without too much clutter.

paw3000

i understand what you are saying, my take profit is only 5 pips and is usually hit it minutes also i don’t worry about the spread eating up most of the trade like i said my spreads are 0.1 to 1 pip so so far it works for me not the holy grail but it works.

I a little testing yesterday I have found that yes of course the swing ZZ repaints but we are not entering on the simple appearance of a dot. If you wait for a confirmation bar to close in the direction of the desired trade then who cares if it repaints 5 times, often if you are looking for a short then the repaint will be on consecutive bullish bars anyway so you wouldnt be entering on them.

Also, waiting for certain candles such as pinbars and not entering trades without price acion confirmation helps immensely, as does taking it up to a 15 min time frame. Its still super early days of course but seems to have potential…

Hi Blizard,

When the SAR appears & unless you wait for a candle to close after the SAR appears, the SAR can and will appear and can disapear durring the time of the active candle. Not sure if you want to call this repainting however, just thought I’d let you know.

Yes, but after the candle closes, the SAR dot will stay. This is not the case for the swing_zz, even after the candle closes, the dot is free to move. So in the case of this system, we wait for the candle to close to confirm the SAR.

Thanks

I modified the Cherries EA to include the SAR for entry and takeprofit, which improved its performance but was still negative overall profit on backtest. Switched to H1 timeframe to help a little. Did away with the Swing_ZZ indicator and the Zee_Zee_i indocators.

After trying a bunch of different trailing stops (including using the SAR values), and different TP and SL including fixed TP/SL, none were making it a good EA. Funny thing happened, I tried adjusting the stoploss pips distance from the SAR to see if bigger stoploss made any difference. Turns out, it wasn’t even using that stoploss, it was the SAR in the opposite direction that was closing the trade 99.9% of the time.

So I ripped everything out, and just made simple SAR ea, open and close with SAR dots, no takeprofit or stoploss. It did the best of any EA efforts lately. Running on H1 EURUSD backtest, Jan to Oct. On $500 test, lot size 0.1, profit $175, profit factor 1.28, wins 38%, avg win $5.49 avg loss $2.70. Better than ZZ_Swing Ea, better than ZZ_Blizard_ea.
I’m sure this isn’t the first time anyone has tried trading purely with the SAR, but somehow, it’s profitability has gotten overlooked.

Here it is to see what you think of it.

SAR_ea_v1b.zip (1.61 KB)