RULES + Welcome to the Introduce Yourself forum

Howdy everyone!

I’m Ritika, from India. I mainly got introduced to the forex world through the course of International CFA which i am pursuing currently. It really got me engaged and hooked on to currency derivatives and forex and the like. I wish to gain as much knowledge and learn a lot of new things through this amazing portal of babypips that is out here.
I’ve cleared my Level 1 and am due to take the Level 2 exam next year. Meanwhile, I’m working as a business development executive of Forex Division in Hedgequants Capital Adivsory, an alternative investment management firm. Recently only there was an addition of the Forex Division in my firm for which i’ve been given majority of the responsibility. I’m still learning a lot of new things, new concepts and a whole lot of ideas that were not there in textbooks.
I’m glad to have stumbled upon it and now i think i’m glued to this forum as not only is it very informative but it has a lot of cool and fun people with a tremendous knowledge base to share. Wonderful to be a part of this incredible forum! I’m definitely looking forward to an exciting and learning journey with the forex family out here.

Hey all, New user here from Kansas.

Now unlike most people, I have: No kids, and gobs of free time to do whatever I want due to my young age.

I’m currently a server paying my way through paramedic school. ALSO unlike other people, I have no visions of grandeur. If I make $2k per year trading on the forex, that’s a good year. That’s enough for me to pay my food bills for the year.

I know I’m an awful person but I’ve had great success scalping the market. My past 30 trades have all net me roughly 2.7 pips each by buying low and selling high and buying high and selling low with a net limit set to 5.5 pips.

I know 30 trades isn’t a lot, but that’s 30 straight wins. By my calculations, I am now ready for 20 straight losses.

Good day all,
I’m Chris from Nigeria. I love Forex and I want to learn it if I can start earning from it to make a living. I understand life is full of “bumps” and “curves”… Nothing good comes easy and “success” can only be achieved by “consistence hard work”. Please I will need the pros" to guild and correct me when I’m wrong. Keep the pips “GREEN” Thanks…

Hi to everybody!
I am Babangida from Nigeria. I am practically a newbie in the forex world. I want to learn every bit of it. My aim is to learn forex, master it, eat it and eventually teach it, just like Steve Nison eat and write about Candlesticks.
Thanks.

Hello Dr Pipslow
My name is captgrumpy-I live at Nova Scotia,Canda-I was born in 1928-spent 26 years in the Cdn.Armed forces My investment experience is limited to some stock ,mutual funds and traded commodities for a while.
All of which I eventually lost some money. About 5 years ago I came across Fx trading on the web and was
immediately very interested - the validity and possibility of making good returns in a short period of time
really caught my attention .To learn more about this fascinating from of investing I signed up with a broker,
applied for their free practice account and studied the Fx information they offered. After a reasonably short(too Short) time started doing some practice trading.I soon learned that I knew next to nothing about this
Fx stuff and if I was ever going to make any money at it I had a lot of training and practice trading to do.
To make a long story short I spent the next several years learning and doing some practice trading but never
came up with a workable trading system that would stand the test of time. Mean while I lost most of my
funds in the practice account Then one day not too long ago I ‘discouvered’ Babypips and was very pleased
and surprised that so many traders were willing to share some of their trading methods.I thought finally I
may be able to find a system that works or at least that may help me formulate a solid workable plan of my
own that will produce at least small steady returns.At my age I need a very simple system that is as mechanical as possible (so I won’t forget what I am supposed to do) and I don’t have forever to do it so I
am hoping with the help of some of you fellow traders I can come up with a good system. I will be checking
every bit of information all of you submit and may have some specific guestions I’ll need help with. So all
keep up the good work to help newbees like me.

greeting everyone :22:,
Glad that I am here. I am Shida. 29 years old. I heard forex 5 years ago. It really attract me so much but really don’t know how to start in FOREX. hope I can get more knowledge here.

Hi,

Been learning about trading for a while, slowly starting to turn a profit but wasted so much time on Guru’s (at no cost to myself…yet) Very frustrating actually getting sensible information in amongst all the chaff.

Hi!
Sure! But you must be a graduate of School of Pipsology before you even start anywhere in forex. I mean a correct graduate!!!

Whats up all?

Name`s Duane, but I go by the handle DRFXTRADING.

I have been trading for 6 years and am now looking forward to showing my trading strategy in the threads that I have alread started on this website.

I used to Day Trade as most persons do in this market, but I failed at it miserably no matter how often I tried different approaches. It was only after several years of losing money that I actually started to look at the higher time frames and started to be profitable. I think I could have been a lot more profitable by now had I stuck to that strategy, but the temptation of the lower time frames was always too much to resist. The potential to make pips daily is a widely held belief but I think it is also responsible for the high failure rate (blame brokers, marketing companies for promoting this way of trading?).

I have now finalized and documented the parameters for my current approach of using the higher time frames and since the market is still here, hoping to make up for lost time.

Let´s interact, discuss and argue as this is all part of the fun of trading, especially since I go against the grain of what most persons believe trading is about.

[B]
Regards

Duane

DRFXTRADING[/B]

Hi I’m Alex from Manchester, want to learn how to trade. Think babypips is a good start!

Definitely in the right place to start the learning process.
Interact as much as you can with as many folks as possible. Be open to everything- eventually you’ll find your own style.

Hey I am Bree Marz. I am from Jamaica. I dont know anything about trading but I am happy to learn. I recently got introduced to this site and well, here I am.

Hi All…

My Name si Missy, I’m from Idonesia.

I’m a newbie, for me to trade forex is very difficult, therefore I need to learn a lot more here, hopefully there is a mentor who will guide me.

Hi Ymissy and Bree Marz! Glad to have you here! Don’t forget to check the School of Pipsology. It’s a great place to start if you are new to forex world.

Good luck and enjoy your stay! :slight_smile:

Hi admin,
Thanks for the rules of this forum. I hope i can hold the rules because i need more to learn

great! Thank you!

I’m new comer. I’m Paul Chen from Canada. Nice to meet you all here. on the forum.

Hi, i am Lagani from Croatia, I started here few years ago and i decided to join the comunity

Hi

My name is Alex, I’m 23 and from Manchester UK. I am here to learn how to trade, I want to spend 6 months learning the basics, working with demos and grow the ability to flex my own strategies.

Always been aware of forex and have a couple of friends who have great success with trading, it is their working environment so I think this help massively- I want to have the babypips forum as a similar environment, I am currently immersing my mind into trading. I listen to Bloomberg radio, watch the videos and use forexfactory. The school section has proved very helpful and the blogs insightful.

I’m unsure on how to go about goal setting, I know loss is part of the game but my initial unthoughtful goal is to achieve an average 50 pips a day throughout the trading week. I want to achieve this within my 6 month learning period. I aim to use the hours between 7 and 10 am (GMT) to hone and refine my skills, I think learning everything is psychological, bridging the gap between conscious and sub conscious thinking is essential and could work wonders with a trading strategy, this is something I’ve spent a lot of time researching then practicing in my life. As I am looking for help improving and building my trading I am keen to help in the fields I know best- accountancy and mind priming (trading psychology)!

Look forward to working with you all, work hard and good luck!

Alexander T

1 Like

forex is a very big business. now this business is spreading very rapidly.for a beginner the babypips is a good site for learn how to do his business.