Simple & almost naked. The dream date or the dream system?

Thanks Deno, I see what you are saying (especially your last comment!.:slight_smile:

Here was todayā€™s chart of which I only traded the second one;

The first one I missed (got up late). I made 6.8 pips as I manually TP at a resistance line ā€“ bottom green line. It was moving very fast so the idea of moving my SL to break-even (I had set just above the Fab100 line) never even occurred to me. Denoā€™s comment about a Fulcrum lever appearing around the 65 was smack on, see upper green line. The third possible order had a long I minute candle but it worked out and I could have made 8-10 pips plus. However itā€™s interesting to see that there were 5 pull-backs from the line before it settled on an up swing. By the way I have the ZZ set at 3.

Hi Blizard Thanks for sharing your system, do I add pivot points using the previous days candle? Or using the previous session?
so if I was trading in the London session I would use the Asian sessions pivot points? Do you have a custom indicator for working out the pivot points?
Thanks anyone
Christina

Hello, im glad to see the interest in this discussion has continued and I will again start posting daily setups. A nice entry this morning during the early hours.

thanks

Hi Blizard
i have one question for you.when we draw the trend line of 2 confirmed dots later on if the third confirmed dot appeares.then should we change the trend line base on last 2 dots or not?

Hello, always use the last 2 confirmed dots.

thanks

Thanks Blizard for promising to post your trades.

I also desire that this thread continues to educate and help traders.

I have a suggestion to make.

1. Is it possible for us to get an indicator that will correctly write the daily pivots on our trading screen since most pivot values will not show fully on 1M chart.

Please, I will appreciate if we could get such indicator as it will help us identify possible resistance/support spots as trendlines are breached for short/long.

Thanks for your understanding.

okoli122402

Thanks for posting this system, Iā€™m having some good results from it! but Iā€™ve found a problem with the indicator this morning with my mt4 platform, I downloaded mt4 from a different broker(as my current will not update) and even though it was the same server time displayed the dots were painted on different candles compared to the other mt4 no matter what I tried, Iā€™ve since tried other brokers and mt4 platforms but I cant seem to find the same as my current brokers mt4, and from looking at where you join the dots, you get completely different setups and outcomes!

Is this something other people have experienced?

will add screenshots shortly

Ok, an example from yesterday

**Attachement 1 ** - Hereā€™s my current broker mt4 - hantec markets, its been reliable for me till earlier this week

**Attachment 2 ** now the same minibars setting at 4 but with a different broker but same server time

** Attachment 3** same broker again but mini bars set to 3

I can continue with my current broker, it just seems delayed more than it should, but why should the indicator with the same settings post differently? Iā€™ve kind of lost trust now since finding this :S

Just to follow this up, the 2 mt4s from different brokers above have sorted them selves out, both paint the dots near enough on the same candles now. But I think this has highlighted a problem as different server times produce different setups.

Also, this might help a few people on here, iā€™ve been taking around 100pips a week, sometimes more, but iā€™m still leaving a lot of pips in the market as iā€™m closing the trades early. Itā€™s because iā€™m fearful of losing what iā€™ve gained and iā€™ve not had the balls to let them run, and a lot of these setups produce well over 60pips.

So to see If I can take more from the market I take 2 positions instead of 1 but at half the rate on each trade, at the moment Iā€™m doing Ā£5 per pip but now do 2 trades at Ā£2.50, what this is allowing me to do is to close one trade between 10-20pips(depending how fast its moving) and let the other run and gradually lock in profit under pivot points etc when there is room to do so.

I also lock in for break even after 8-10pips and if anyone has looked at my screenshots above youā€™ll see I have two moving averages on there. A 21 ex on the close and a 105 ex on the close. Iā€™ve found these to be very strong levels and if we get a nice trend, and price comes back down and tests the 21 but more importantly doesnt break and close below/above it and then gradually moves back in the direction of the trend (itā€™s normally 4-8candles) then thereā€™s a chance to get another trade with a very small stop loss in place, sometimes just 3-4pips, and it can easily produce another 20pips.

So for anyone looking, add the ma and do some back testing, and the 105ma, thatā€™s the 5 minute 21ma, if iā€™ve got a bullish setup but price is currently underneath the 105, iā€™ll be cautious and will not take the trade till above it and vice versa, its a very strong ma imo and this has been proven time and time again in my 4 years of trading. And I can see that Iā€™ll be doing some 2-300pip weeks now :slight_smile:

So the 21ma is for a continuation of the trend and a chance to get in again, and the 105 as a filter. Try it :slight_smile: an example of the 21ma holding and continuing attached.

Hey tomd7, what time frame do you operate this strategy on and do you follow the rules strictly?.

Thanks

purely 1min time frame and I only trade the cable, I used to trade my own 5min system for a long time, but this is far superior, but iā€™ve just added a couple of things from that which Iā€™ve thought have worked well and included it on the 1min.

I do follow it quite strictly,(the trend line setups) but iā€™ll typically only do a re-enter on the 21 if iā€™ve profited already for the day.

My own draw back is that I donā€™t take every setup which I should do, sometimes I just think (surely not!) and still almost every time it works! Iā€™m not kidding when I say this, but I review my weeks trading on and friday night and over the weekend and I calculate the total of pips produced by this system, again just on the cable, now of course youā€™re not ever going to get the full amount pips produced, but a couple of weeks ago the 1min cable setup 900 pips for the week!!! and most weeks its between 2-400 with ease, its shocking just how many tbh!

I would be best taking each setup and thatā€™s all im striving to do at the moment, it seems so simple, but itā€™s a hurdle iā€™m trying to get over. Iā€™ve actually missed 2 trades on the cable this morning as my mt4 has been playing up again!

Just to show the attached, my mt4 which ill now be deleting this version of! the first showing the cable set up, me not then noticing the connection had gone and me concentrating on typing here, it then updating, and how it should have looked on another brokers mt4.

Nevermind!

Thanks Tomd7. Have you got a Skype account or like a email contact? Iā€™d like to talk to you a bit more I depth about your additional indicators etc.

Thats great to see Tomd7. Keep up the good work! Some nice setups on GBP/USD

Hi Blizard,

Can you look at these trades that I saw today on the GPD/USD 1M TF using zig zag lines with 0.04 setting. Am I on the right track? if not can you give some uidance as I have not got Swing_zz indi.

Thanks

Hey Blizzard what is that market hours indicator? Do you mind sharing :slight_smile:

Thanks

Darklighter would you mind sharing this EA?

Also do you let the EA enter trades and then exit them manually ?

Out of interest is anyone using anything other than EUR/USD ? to trade on?

Hi Cue, your trades look fine to me. The market hours indicator just tell you visually in which market a trade occurred. When i go back to look at signals, it just helps to see when they occurred. The blue bar is the US, red bar is EUR, and yellow is the Asian.

thanks

Thanks Blizard. I will continue to post my trade with zz indicator. Am I right in thinking that 0.04 is the correct setting for 1M TF?

Can I know how you draw this?

Hey Blizard,

Which platform, broker you using? Web based trading should work as well? Which trading hours are best for your system?

Many thanks!
Michel