Simple & almost naked. The dream date or the dream system?

Thanks for posting a screen shot, I was right, we’ve got different set ups,(mine posts dots differently even on a just a one hour difference) i’ll find Another mt4 as my results may have been quite different for the week :slight_smile: and a webinar would be really good :slight_smile:

Thanks Blizard for yours precisions.
i will try your method with retracements fib for EurUsd and EurJpy M1.
Your objective is 161%, 261 % ?
(sorry for my bad english)

Hi franckyz, im usually happy with the 161% as usually there will be some resistance here. Keep the 261% level on the chart in case it breaks through the 161% you will know where its going next.

thanks

Well Done Blizzard.

I am getting good results also, i tend to find i can trade from 0700 GMT time and i will get almost all being successful trade of at least a few pips before the market opens, anyone else have any success trading just before the market opens?

A webinar would be good to :slight_smile:

I have skype if that helps :slight_smile:

Blizard,

I was able to download a zz_swing on my FXCM trading platform and I’m having good results with a 5 minute chart. I would be interested in a webinar too. Go to meeting is the easiest for me. Right now I’m working with the gbpusd, eurusd, gbpjpy and the eurjpy. Thanks Blizard

GJ

Blizard,

Here is the chart st up I’m using. I have a 14 period Donchian Channel in addition to the zz swing. I set my entry above or below the channel lines when I have connected two points on the zz swing. This gbp/usd trade is only 6 pips but it worked out well with the Donchain Channels.

Very interesting Greg, thanks for sharing your setup.

Blizard,

Your strategy continues to work for me. I use the one minute and the 5 minute charts. I like to use pivot levels to help identify support and resistance levels. Also I use Donchain Channels for entry and stops. I will usually set my entry for a long above the upper or center channel. I also use Fib Extensions of 100 or 162 for targets, but also note pivot levels. Pivot levels are import to note for setting stops too.

I tend to be more successful with the method when I do respect pivot levels for support and resistance.

Thanks again Blizard, I’m having the most consistent trading results with Simple & almost naked of the methods I have employed.

GJ

Do you guys take any trades going against the daily trend if they appear ?

Hi Greg that’s amazing and I love your adaptation. Please do continue to post your setups as they are inspiring.

thanks

I have done, I was looking for a 1min short set up at 1.63 on gbp/usd and actually let it run alll day till the 9.30 pmi came out today, not sure if others do, but I’m normally looking for 20-30pips on each trade, i take 3 positions, lock in all for be around 10pips if its moving quickly , try to hold off closing any positions till I get to 20, then let the 3rd position go till I feel im happy enough with the amount, or if I think it’ll start reversing.

I also only take setups that risk a total of 12pips max, thats including spread and a 2 pip tolerance of the blue/red dot, so i’m typically looking for trades that show under 7pips drawing from trendline break to previous dot as stop loss

Hey guys just a thought, did you know babypips has groups?

Groups - BabyPips.com Forex Forum

Might be a thought of us starting a group, so we all can start our own topics regarding Blizards strategy without us having to look through lots of pages?

Just a thought to help us be more organised :slight_smile:

Another winner. This a one minute chart on the gbpjpy. 8 pips and could been more. I shift from one to five minute charts looks for the best set up. This trade was taken just above the daily pivot and I used the Donchian Channel for the breakout. The more patient I’m the better I do. I really like adding the Donchian Channels for beakouts in setting entries and setting stops.

I too would be interested in a group.

Another winner!
Blizard, I love your method. I originally st my stop at 8 pips, but took profit at 7 pips. This trade was after a nice retrace of the long move. Note the pivot support, the breakout above the donchian channel. Also the orderly one minute bars. When I’m respecting the chart and the candle bars I do better. If the bars are wild I find it best to stay away. This long move went up about 9 or 10 pips before it started to drop off. I find that an 8 pip target with a 10 pip stop work pretty well. Pivot levels and donchian channels are important to watch. SR levels need to be respected.

Out of interest do you find it better to trade on the 5min or 1 min charts (following Blizards 2 minibars or 3/4 as appropriate)?

For me i find the 5 min charts provide fewer trades which are losers as compared to the 1min charts.

What do you guys find?

Sandybeach,

Hard for me to define which is better the 1 minute or 5 minute. I think I go more for the one minute in the am sessions and five minute in the evening. The pace works better for the five minute late at night PST.

Sandybeach, what do your mean by 3/4?

Also can you share a chart, it might help in comparing notes. Also the Donchian Channels can be used to draw trend lines similar to the
swing zz. Let me know if you want more information on this.

GJ

Thats great to see Greg and thanks again for posting your setups. I had a question about donchian channels. What is considered the breakout, is it above the top line or the mid point?

thanks

Blizard,

Here is an example of the Donchian Channel DNC. It would be possible to catch the trade with a entry long at either the center
or upper DNC. Note that the center DNC is also another way or a confirmations of the swing zz indicator. I have used the DNC as a breakout trading method, but currently is is a great tool to use along with the swing zz.

GJ

Sandybeach,

In regards to the one minute or the five minute charts, I like to look at both charts at the same time. You would think that the one minute would give more opportunities, but not always. The five may actually give you the first signal and then use the one minute for entry.

GJ