SIMPLE Asian Breakout Strategy 100% gain in the last 20 days (4:1 risk reward)

I was wondering the same thing. Does anyone trade this strategy still?
By the looks of things it still looks pretty solid to me. I guess I’ll try trading it and post my results.

Also I have a movestop expert advisor, once price hits a certain level, the EA will move the SL to a desired level. For instance, once the target of 40 pips gets hit, the EA can move the SL of the second trade to breakeven and hope it hits that 70 pip level. Basically you can set up the trades and let them run their course without interference.

MoveStopExpert.zip (2.77 KB)

Ran into this thread and wanted to do a little backtest. On USDJPY in 32 trades (not days) results were:

net +930 pips, divided as follow:

-30 -> 16
+40 -> 5
+110 -> 11

Further look needed ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice results, what time period is this over? I wonder if this breakout strategy could be applied as a different market breakout strategy, for example for the American session open? The currency pair used may be need to be adjusted to possibly a more volatile pair for that time of day?

Recent past, I didn’t take note of exact period cos was a backtest for personal curiosity, didn’t imagine it would be that good to be shared here xD

I doubt it could be applied to other sessions, as Asia is the msot flat and accomulative one, it has its own logica.

I see what you mean. , by recent past are they true consecutive results, not hand picked?

consecutive yes :slight_smile:

I said 32 trade, specifiyng not days cos there are days where asia is not broken in the killzone or not broken at all

ah PS: i didnt take trades on mondays!

OK I wanted to do a more proper statistics =)

20febr->22june

-30= 22times
+40= 9times
+110= 12times

net pips: 1020
net +% risking 2%= 68% (17% per month over 4 months)

Results taking trades mechanically, avoiding mondays for obvious reasons, respecting rules of 2pips break and 0-2 gmt killzone.

Results don’t include discrectionary closes due to friday close, so the results could be even a bit better

Let’s get this topic alive folks? =)

Tasty results, the rr works well for this method, definitely 1 to look into, thanks for that cryagony

Whats the timezone of the broker you back tested with?

Will have a play with this one, would like to add another mechanical system to my trade kit.

EDIT:

Does anyone have an indicator that send an email alert with the high/low price at candle close? Hoping it could get the high/low prices for the two H1 candles then place my trades via the mobile (my trading app doesn’t have a zoom)

Doesn’t matter which broker i use for the results, anyway gft uk :slight_smile: gmt +1

Cheers

Testing it out with other pairs as well. AU Same period same rules

-30: 30
+40: 7
+110: 17

net: +1250

Seems to be giving more signals and 20% profit more than UJ ish

Comments? Why creator traded uj only?

UHM huge edit:

The backtests are not following original rules, Glad I noticed in time :stuck_out_tongue: My indie showing killzone was not showing proper times, midnight created some problems with its settings, no clue why :frowning: need a proper indie for this

True results are:

UJ
-30: 41
+40: 9
+110: 14

net: +670

AU
-30: 40
+40: 8
+110: 15

net: +770

Uhm looks like that it works better with bad settings ? xD

And guys try this settings out: 23-1 gmt 2-3 entry killzone

UJ 22febr->22june (usual)

-30: 21
+40: 10
+110: 13

net: +1200

I’m like a little child trying a new toy… I know, but I hope it will be useful for you all too :slight_smile:

Cry

sorry about can you explain what you mean… so the high/low between 11pm-1am GMT… and the trade must be triggered between 2am-3am GMT?

I started forward testing this on USDJPY and AUDUSD last night.
AUDUSD got stopped out - 30 pips there.
USDJPY hit the first target + 40 pips and the second trade was at +49 pips this morning before I left work. Curious to see if it moves on to +70 or not.

I’ll do some extensive back testing to validate Cry’s results. Hope they’re the same, it looks pretty promising!

PS: I’ve attached the indicator I use. You can set it for whatever times you want and it’ll select the high/low and show fib levels for you. For me, my broker is GMT+2 so I would put in 01:00 as my start time and 03:00 as my end time with 05:00 being my session end time. It’ll be different for different brokers. Just set it properly and you’re good to go. Might be a good idea to move the stops to BE at Fib level 1, then again you might get stopped out more often than not. I’ll incorporate it into my big back test I’ll do.

Cheers!

breakout.zip (14.3 KB)

Oh and Cry, when you say you didn’t take trades on Mondays, why not? Do you mean when the markets resume after the weekend? Monday morning in Japan is Sunday night for us North Americans. Just want to get that cleared up is all :wink:

Sorry it was not clear i admit, I mean till 3am - after this time no trades is to be taken

Cry

For two reasons:

1. The market is usually more flat on that day
  2. the high and low to be broken could be a bit tricky, due to weekend gap and “weird” candles at the start

:wink:

Ok, but is that still the 6:00pm to 8:00pm EST ‘kill zone’ on Sunday right after the weekend open? Or is it the Monday, one day after the weekend open?

Yes, what I avoid is the “gmt night” Sunday->Monday. I surely trade monday->tuesday

Cheers