SIMPLE Asian Breakout Strategy 100% gain in the last 20 days (4:1 risk reward)

Ok thanks for clearing that up CryAgony. Great job so far, keep up the good work!

I started back testing on AUDUSD. From Jan 2012 to April 2012 (though my history is lacking almost a month in feb here at work for some reason) I’m up about + 542 pips.
Also note, I was also trying that breakeven once price hits the first fib mark. There’s an 8 pip difference for that same time period. + 534 pips. Sure, I might not have been stopped out nearly as much, but I think it stopped two of the trades that would have went on and made 110 pips. I’ll post my final results as soon as I finish my work. So far, so good though!

After a deeper reflexion I’m not so sure any longer if avoiding monday is that good. Cos with a further analysis yes, mondays are flat, but lot of times it also gives a earlier entry for the week, resultign often in a 110 profit…

What do you guys think?

In the usual febr->june test it was 9 times -30 and 6 profitable, most of the times with 110 pips :stuck_out_tongue:
Even better in comparison to regular days uhm!

Further backtest!

January and December were in NEGATIVE! Better avoid them looks like. Afraid of it I check october too, and it yielded 310pips (20%)

:slight_smile:

uhm august and september -440 pips… We need more datas ^^ My broker doesn’t go more than august in the past tho :frowning:

who is trading the breakout now. It’s my first day on it and i woke up late (gmt+1 ). can anyone please confirm the entry price, i am a little confused

I love breakout trading system, why ? because its simple and the success rate is high if you do it right :smiley:

i’m getting an error when extracting your zip, can you reup it?

Correct me if Im wrong but wouldnt you set which ever indicator you use to 7pm-8pm, this would capture the candle from 7pm to 8pm and the candle from 8pm to 9pm which would be a two hour window instead of the settings of 7-9pm which would actually be three hours. I got good results using fib levels for targets and stops instead of fixed tps and sls.

Hi There,

I went to this thread from GG searching for a breakout strategy. I never tested this live on market because I came here during the week-end.

The thing I always do to check if a strategy have enough legs, I simply code an EA and make back tests.
So, I made an EA (place stop orders, move BE, 2 targets, remove after 2 hours, etc …) for this and will begin forward & back tests on the 6 majors when markets will be open.
All the rules are 100% respected and I added some money management. 2% per trade (2 stops same direction is one trade for this) based on account balance.

Currently, with a week-end (****ty spread) the EA is at break-even on a 6 month period.

Somebody here is still trading this ?

Cheers,
LhDT

@ LhDT - I’m interested to know how your EA testing of the strategy went

Cheers

Hi,

I have few questions on the setup.

Consider i am making a trade after break out…the trade didn’t come to TP and SL either. What is should i do…Should i close? when?

Aariff

I think No one is using this strategy.

I mailed even the thread starter…no reply from him as well…

Many has back tested and posted positive and negative results…

Please go through all the post and decide yourself to trade.

I am leaving the strategy out now.

Aariff

Hi there,

I have setup a MyFxbook account for the EA results.

Maybe somebody can check if the “times” are ok ? (just draw line from the opening price).

Cheers,
lhDT

PS : Damn, can’t post links !

Let’s try again :
myfxbook . com / portfolio / asian-breakout2 / 374164

Remove spaces !

Thanks lhDT - I’ll keep an eye on it :slight_smile:

As usual, this link leads to a myfxbook that isn’t publicly viewable (not bad though: most of these link don’t even work).

Cheers

I’m a bit reluctant to ask if there’s a way to view all the attachments to this (or any other) babypips thread - I mean, there has to be an option like that, right? On forex factory one just has to click a ‘paper clip icon’, intuitively placed, next to the ‘page numbers’, on other forums one might have to go to the ‘threads index page’ (a bit clumsy), but usually there’s a way to see a list of all the attachments.

If there is such option here, it sure isn’t in view…

Cheers

Quote from ‘time and date’ website:

"The United Kingdom does not observe Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) during daylight saving time in the summer months. Instead the country observes British Summer Time (BST), which is one hour ahead of GMT and UTC. The United Kingdom moves its clocks forward by one hour on the last Sunday of March and back again on the last Sunday of October.

The only European country which stays on GMT all year round is Iceland."

Hope this helps!

Trading with a 4:1 loss/profit ratio is a short cut for blowing your account in no time. Were you serious when you asked this question? lol

Cheers

When systems get deleted, it’s most likely because they blew up. Humans aren’t normally as shy if they’re successful.