So What do we think of it so far?

Come to think of it I have but ONE ‘gripe’ about this new format:

When you clicked on the title of a thread that had been updated since your last login (the thread would be displayed in bold text) you would be taken to the last page of the thread (or at least to the point where the new posts, that you’d not yet seen, start). Now: clicking on the title of such a thread takes you to the first page of the thread regardless i.e. in order to go to the last page of the thread you need to now click on the little button or icon that says ‘Go to last post’. I’m sure this is not just my imagination??? It’s going to take a bit of ‘getting used to’ I guess (unless there’s an option somewhere to change this)???

Regards,

Dale.

Personally I find the change simply GREAT.

[B]BIG RESPECT[/B] to Babypips!

You simply love constant improvement and development of new ideas and that’s simply great.

[B]THANKS[/B]

Best regards
:cool:

[I]“Me quedaré, me quedaré, [B]siempre cubano[/B] me quedaré…”[/I]

Will look into the possibility of maybe including some buttons to help with that. Right now you’ll have to go to your profile page and look at your posts and threads from there. It does take a couple more steps/clicks now. But I’m glad that other than that, you like the upgrade.

Thank you! :smiley: Now about them adjustable themes, can you elaborate on that?

Have you tried the Quick Navigation button?

Is it because of the whole too much white space?

Other members have also talked about this in the other thread and I’ll definitely bring this up to the rest of the team to see what we can do.

Thank you purplepatchforex for creating this thread!! :slight_smile:

Interesting comment! Some members are saying there’s too much white space that kind of ‘blinds’ them but for you it’s the grey bars?

Yikes! You think you can send me a quick PM when this happens again?

No sir we do not have the same designer.

We’ve noted the quotes missing. You’re very observant! And I will get back to you regarding that game you’re trying to master. :wink:

Ha. It seems it doesn’t take in the settings you’ve made for thread viewing. We’ll have a closer look into this one.

Why thank you sir! You always have such kind words! Truly appreciate it! :slight_smile:

Please don’t bother with this, I am adjusting and it is no big deal to me. I found a quick way now, like you said, just go to profile and look at my subscriptions. I might have to tag a thread though that I am following though to get it into my subscriptions though if that is ok?

edit* nevermind, I just found in the thread tools that I can subscribe there. I’m all good now.

My personal view is that I don’t like the primary thread listings (forum and search pages). The fonts are small and there’s just too much wasted space, which can also be said about the post headers in the threads. I’m fine with the white post background, and obviously the new functionality is a plus, but my overall feeling after a couple days is that the forums are much less visually attractive after the change.

Well a few other non forex related vBull sites that I visit have a selection of themes that you can just from, some are simple changes in color schemes others will disable anything that wastes space such as avatars and bring the posts together as close as possible so maximum ease of reading. The disadvantage IMO is that the forum loses it’s personality.

When I used to work with forums I would use Simple Machines which is a different software, they made installing themes very simple but they didn’t offer as much customization as vBull.

Thanks, everybody, for the continued feedback. We’re working feverishly to get many of these issues resolved. Some updates:

[ol]
[li]The quotes are back at the bottom of the page.
[/li][li]Some of you have noticed games missing in the Arcade. We didn’t leave them out. Unfortunately, they’re just not available any more due to licensing issues.
[/li][li]It looks like many of you are having issues with the white background color. We’re testing various color combinations to make this a bit easier on the eyes.
[/li][li]We’re working on offering multiple color themes that can be switched on-demand.
[/li][/ol]

We’re taking down all of your comments for review and consideration. Keep the feedback comin’!

I’m impressed! I wish all company’s would be as responsive as you all here running this site. I’m sure they could take a few lessons from babypips.

Some users have mentioned that they can only Quick Reply or they can’t preview their post before submitting it (because the Preview Post button is missing). Here’s the tip:

The “normal” Reply to Thread window is still there. Simply [B]double-click[/B] the +Reply to Thread button to get to all of the bells and whistles. A [B]single click[/B] will bring up the Quick Reply box. You can still get to the normal Reply to Thread window by clicking the [B]Go Advanced[/B] button. The single and double clicks also apply to Reply and Reply with Quotes.

That should do it! Enjoy.

Pipstradamus
Support Oracle

Thanks fihunts! We really appreciate the kind words. The forum upgrade was a big undertaking. Several new features were added, while a couple of other things (that members were used to) changed. We want everybody to be comfortable with the “new”, but we know we can’t please them all. But we’re definitely going to try!

Pipstradamus
Support Oracle

There’s a game on facebook where one rolls in big virtual money for running ops in different cities and one can gang with other (virtual) gangsters for big (virtual) ops: I would have remembered the name but I refuse to join facebook again because of various assorted reasons.

If you have played such PC games on- & off-line, the games in the BP arcade are quite stark, lifting a (virtual) trophy for that is so lame I must say lol. Since you get (assuming buy) game licences could you consider only one (or three) drop-dead games out of the wide population of the good ones instead of a myriad limp ones?

Dont loose the green, and grey would be so nazy like a too frugal linux…

Thanks for the feedback, chizzenpips. You must be talking about Mafia Wars. I haven’t played it personally, but I hear it has quite a cult following. I, too, have played my share of computer games, and no, our Arcade is nowhere near resembling a full blown computer game or even a lackluster one. But that’s not our intent. The Arcade is simply there as a break-away for your brain, for those times when there’s just no more room for charts and indicators and the lastests news out of the Fed. While to some the games are lame, to others the games are just what the doctor ordered. My all-time favorite game is still Island Mini Golf.

The Arcade, in its current form, is about as drop-dead gorgeous as we’re going to get. At least for the time being. But we do appreciate the feedback. Just a thought - even Linux has it’s place in the world. :slight_smile:

Pipstradamus
Support Oracle

Plain enough thanks for even thinking about it. Will not post on Friday night again.

Much better with the tighter forum/search listing pages.

Question.

Why would I get a “script not working” prompt on this board now whenever I change threads?

Here’s the prompt:

I use FireFox mostly. I should try it in IE to see if I have the same trouble.

And after trying to upload that pic to be native to this site, I can say without a doubt, the new attachment routine will discourage people from using it to load charts.

That’s a bit of a pain, and I couldn’t even do it on my laptop.

My screen wouldn’t allow the full window to fit, and I tried about everything. Including changing resolution.

I found the exact same thing…no matter how I stretched the screen out it still cut off any buttons on the right side :mad:

I’ve been getting the same thing, so I land on this one in your post I’m click-clicking wondering damn…

Its not like before where one could open maany tabs at once now it hangs things? But still works better than at FF.

I don’t really see anything wrong with the new style (I quite like it!!) but like anything, I’m sure everyone will get used to it. My only gripe is the smileys, I don’t know whether it’s because they’re sort of 3Dish and quite small or just because they’re quite light colours against the light background but I can’t really see them properly without looking closely