So What do we think of it so far?

I am a little late to this thread having been away so apologies. Apologies, also, for coming off as a bit of an old stick in the mud, but I don’t like the new look at all. I am generally a little change-averse, so am trying to fight that, but I just find the new format far less clear than the old version. I find the fonts on the main forum screen too samey, so find it slower to pick out the threads that I am interested in. I am sure that much of the site is much ‘cleverer’ than it used to be, but I don’t use any of that. I trade Forex for a living, and find the discussion groups here helpful and enlightening, so that is all I use. I liked being able to dip in quickly on a subject that was relevant to me, then log out and go back to what I was doing - I trade from a laptop hooked up to a screen and am not at the screen all day, that is not why I got into Forex! So I am very sorry to be negative but I find the fonts too similar to one another, the bits I am interested in don’t stand out to me the way they used to, it now requires more careful sifting, so I have already found myself using the site less. I am sure that this will improve, but I am disappointed, sorry. There has been mention of looking at the colours used, this might help me but for me it is more a case of the fonts. Still a great forum, just does not suit my pattern of use as well as it did pre-changes. Sorry!

I agree with another poster that the emoticons are not as good, too, and also wonder why the ‘preview post’ button is not as prominent as it was before the changes? I ramble at the best of times, I use that button a fair bit!

(And ftr I am 36 years old with good eyesight and pretty handy on computers!!)

ST

Maybe this will help Who moved my cheese!

Er… thank you for the thought but I will pull through without it.

I definitely like the makeover. It’s like when a company updates their label/packaging to a more modern design :slight_smile:

Actually, I stand corrected. There’s a marked difference between how it looks on IE and FF.

Something else, not a big deal. However, I have found that when attempting to go to the next page in a thread or last page. It takes a moment or rather there is a slight delay before I can actually click on the page number or last page.

The script error, I have not had this problem. This might be due to my OS as I run Windows XP professional. So the script issue might be related to a Vista or Windows 7 OS’. Another thing that could possibly cause that is some people have scripts blocked on their OS for protection. I do know that Vista and Windows 7 had increased security settings that very well could be creating this scripting error. Might be worth looking into.

Hope that helps,

Fi

Well at first I felt lost browsing the website, but as days go by, I’m already used to it and feel really great about it. Overall I think the makeover was great and I like the fact that Babypips is always looking to improve.

Way to go!

The new features are great guys.
It is good decision to change to this.
Keep it up.

Well I can’t make head nor tail of uploading a file, I use Google-Chrome, anyone else?

What part do you not understand PPF? Here is a screen shot of the upload screen in chrome… not sure if this helps though.

Steps to upload though:

1. Advanced reply
  2. Manage uploads
  3. Add file then a smaller window on the upload screen will show.
  4. Base uploads and browse for file
  5. Once its uploaded if will show up as an available file. Check it and then just X out of the window.

It will then be attached to your post.

Edit you may have to stretch the upload screen a little though

upload screen.bmp (577 KB)

I’m with PPF. That’s the problem…no matter how much you stretch the screen, it still cuts off part or anything to the right just as your pic shows. I tried to upload a file but it was either the wrong type, or too big, and there was no exit except the window exit which just isn’t right. :mad:

Where you say to click the base…I thought is said back lol because I couldnt read the whole link text…which then took me to a smaller upload screen so then what’s the select file button and upload link for on this screen vs the smaller one :confused: Very confusing and disjointed.

upload screen.bmp (577 KB)

Oh I agree, they need to do a little work on this. It is a little difficult to use right now, but not impossible. I have tested the upload screen in IE, Firefox and Chrome. They all have the same issue.

edit I don’t know what the max file size is. That bitmap was 578 kb.
edit2 Hehe, yeah, once you have completed your attachment. It would be nice to have a button that allows you to confirm attachment and then close the window for ya, instead of just clicking the X button in the top right. Little bit crude there, but im sure they will fix that soon enough.

My vote is to offer a non-white background design, if possible (is that how it was before?) My eyes are sensitive to the high contrast, especially trading in the morning.

Other than that… looks good, very intuitive. It does seem to take quite a bit longer flipping between pages. If there is a way to snap it up that would be great.

I think babypips.com manage to meet the the needs of its members. The website and the features are great.

Hi BP, not that I use them that often but smileys don’t work properly.

I second that. Would have mentioned it sooner but was worried that purplepatchforex would call me Victor Meldrew again…!!

That is strange. Does it sometimes work but other times won’t? Also how do you add them smileys? Do you pick them from the list or type them out? :confused:

It’s just that they have numbers, rather than saying if they are ‘smile’, ‘big smile’ or my favourite ‘sarcastic’

I just don’t know what you mean!

Ha ha, a genuine LOL for that one, I really did Laugh out Loud, thanks for cheering up my day.

My pleasure, we could all do with a moment of levity during the recent choppy markets!