Speaking the Queens English

Hello all. I wanted to get an insight on a matter regarding languages and translations. I have noticed a lot of what I consider bad translations from one language to English on this site. Since I speak 3 languages fluently, and am attempting to learn a fourth, Purepecha, I find the poor google English translations to be not only disconcerting, but also unreadable, it’s like I need a Rosetta stone, not the program, the actual stone, to understand what some folks are saying. So I don’t know if I am becoming either Statler or Waldorf in my old age, but I start reading, my eyes start to bleed, then I give up and move on.

Another observation is that it seems to be a BP phenomenon, I don’t really see it at the other big 2, so there is that. So what to the peeps think, am I too picky, or do some folks need to brush up on their English.

The Ever Multilingual VIPER

2 Likes

I guess the users of the translation software don’t know they’ve picked a rubbish programme - since they don’t speak English.:slight_smile:

Is your hero Basil Fawlty by any chance?

Only because we’re nitpicking about language in this thread, don’t you mean fourth? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Ba hahahahahahahahaa good catch.

The Ever Counting With My Fingers VIPER

Yes, "is hamster mr Fawlty "

The Ever From Barcelona VIPER

Is is a Babypips phenomenon, Viper.

The irony is that most of the posts you’re referring to actually started out in reasonable English, in the other forums in which they originally appeared, before being pasted in and out of another language or two and then back into a kind of English with free online translation software to change their vocabulary, so that they’re no longer too recognisable.

That’s what people from forum posting services do.

Otherwise they’d have to know something about the subject, to make the posts they have to make.

That’s VERY much a Babypips phenomenon.

But I suppose without them, there’d be so little participation here that Google wouldn’t even crawl and update the site’s indexing and there’d be almost no traffic at all, and very little income. So it’s kind of understandable, given everything that’s happened here, that things like this are tried. Most of the people who complained about it have already left, after all. The decline is now self-fulfilling.

forum posting services? Is that what’s going on?

I had never even heard of them. I have now.

T, thanks for nothing :cry:. I mean this is not personally against you, it’s just, yet again reality bites. I had a fear of shenanigans regarding this, but since I know little or nothing about how websites function, outside of, well you know, Woodies place, hope sprang eternal, of course till you came along and shot me in the foot with a 12ga.
Disappointing, very disappointing.

The Ever Slinking Away VIPER

Your disappointment is misdirected at me, Viper, and should be directed toward the forum’s management - believe it or not, I’m on your side.

No, no, please don’t misunderstand, not towards you at all. I always appreciate the truth, even when it hurts. No worries on that account. It may be my Southern Boy talk. It’s kind of a joke when someone brings you bad news, even if it ain’t their fault, they get the blame anyway. Just a joke, not intended as, well you know.

It’s just disappointing that’s all.

The Ever Sorry VIPER

1 Like

wanted forex forum poster - Google Search

[quote]No knowledge on Forex is must. Because you can learn Forex while you working for this job. So, just learn and earn.

In this particular job you need to be interested to learn Forex or already having some knowledge on Forex. If you’re ready to learn Forex then you can easily do this job.

Broker will pay you 1$ per 50 posts. 1 post = 2 lines of sentences= 25 to 30 words

All the posts can be,

1. asking questions about Forex.
  2. Sharing your own idea
  3. Sharing your opinion
  4. Commenting others

(Just read one or two posts in each thread, then you will get some idea on how to post.)
Your each post,
5. Must be in 2 lines.
6. Must be relevant to thread topic.

No limit on number of posts you can do. But I expect minimum 10 posts per day and at least 15 days per month.

Broker pay you on monthly basis.[/quote]

Good grief.

I think this explains the number of posts I see in various places, often from India or South Asian-sounding posters, which basically say nothing.

1 Like

exactly

forums are paid when people click on advertissments

that depends on traffic, traffic depends on google rankings, google rankings and specially speed of indexing depends on the content changing quickly and often, so the more new posts, the more money, does not matter if the posts are rubbish

the income grows naturally in forums where the members stay

in forums where most leave (“retention problems” as Pipstrdamus says) they must increase the posts artifically to get the indexing and rankings and traffic and money

4 Likes

Ok, now I understand something else. I guess you can hire the same service to resurrect long dead threads because the Robot Elders think it would of interest to the readers. Ahhhh yes the Internet Of Things.

The Ever Old School VIPER

OK, so what are these robots I keep hearing about. Someone told me recently "don’t expect a reply, it is just a robot. Sooooo whats it mean man???

The Ever Wondering VIPER

someone said it before. the more klicks the more free traffic on google.

free traffic is important since advertisements (adwords and other forms of adv.) are espeiclla expensive for forums and usually never pay off (unless you have soeone backing you with big amounts of money for the first few months to get you started)

the more cross links from one side (example facebook or whatever side, fxcm, IG CMC websites, vrokers websides, even rubbish websides in india or anywhere in the world) the higher your google position is when people search for things (exmple forex, trading, etc etc)

these bots use simple structured sentences that . well. lets say… fit to some extend to the topic but dont really fit in. just rubbish standard phrazes that google soaks up. the replies to those rubbish sentences are what generates the traffic by real users, new sentences (which fit to googles search engine- yes google serches automatically any webside for relevant words. or in ther words: gogles AI reads the websides and creates crosslinks to relevant google search words).

etc. etc.

I can think of one huge thread here on BP where this might be happening, day after day of the same 3 or 4 members posting yesterday’s news

Yes but many of those posts are far longer than 2 lines - Do they get paid by the line ? the word? or just for a number of posts of 2 lines or more ?

The majority of the most annoying clutter on trading forums that I use have the same format and length., I call them “Yes, But, So” posts.

Say there’s a thread on MA crossovers, the time-waster will add something like, “(Yes) MA cross-overs are a useful tool for traders! (But) you must be prepared that some of them will be false signals. (So) the best thing a trader can do is learn as much as possible about forex.”.

Countless posts like these can be seen and they add nothing to any debate.

Thank you for breaking it down so clearly.

I do report posts that are obvious spam, but I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt, especially when I think there could be language issues. Seeing just how formulaic it is will make me far more ruthless in future.