Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

Oh man your probably full of them!

:13:

UJ long yesterday! Bias -> Tech Levels -> SoW/S… Broken Record! :slight_smile:

Highest volume of the week in the UJ.

It looks like weakness here but only time will tell. This was definitely a variation of the standard setup.

just shorted this myself

Nice, this could head lower.
I was actively seeking an entry but decided against it. Personally, I’m weary of the trades near 16GMT, expecting market activty to drop off. Maybe around Asia open it’ll provide an opportunity.

Hey Guys, looking to post some ideas for some constructive scrutiny.

We all know the Yen pairs have been going higher and higher. Maybe FOMC might bring an end to the up move, who knows. But until that climactic volume at higher prices, I don’t see reason to go short. My last post was an incorrect assessment. Thankfully I didn’t trade it.

The EJ recently pulled back to 50 - 61.8 fib of what I believe to be a swing. Reason being that as we touched the zone, it produced the highest vol. of the day from the hourly POV.

From the 5 Min POV, we see the high volume line up with not only with the low prices, but also with the Fake Break of the prior low, which produced the highest Vol of the day at that point in time. This lead me to believe the lowers prices were being bought into for some time. There were a couple of entries shortly after.

I could of taken profit but since the higher prices didn’t bring heavy supply and this pair has been trending for some time, I’ll hold on to see how far she goes. Hopefully I didn’t jinx it lol.

nice work upcomer :slight_smile: Pete’s got a nice group to discuss VSA setups, drop me an email via about.me/andrewcaldwell, If babypips consider this soliciting, they can remove the post.

@upcomerFX this is pretty much the EU version of your EJ above :slight_smile:

Yesterday only the EU and EJ showed a clear bias (imo), so it was a matter of sitting around waiting for a SoS at a technical level. I’ll put my hand up and admit I got in too early on EU and stopped out! :slight_smile: But a couple of friends I trade with had more patience than me and took a few pips!

Long background bias, SoS at S&R:

The 5m TF is a bit messy but the wyckingoff business is in there:

Yeah thanks, I’ll shoot you an email.

I saw the trade on EU as the Demand came in. Like you said, the 5 Min setup was abstract, and I’m sure where you got in is where I was about to enter. My mouse was hovering over “Buy”. I had a feeling price would break lower just to accumulate a little more but I didn’t know how low to put my stop so I just skipped the trade. It was a potential winner regardless.

Today was G/U long off 1hr fib. It is technically in Markup phase after bottoming out properly last week and making a successful move up. (I’m sure the noobs tried to short the retracement of the down trend…doh!)

This entry was the “first fib retracement after strength” pattern that I’ve shown…very high probability. I’ve referred to it as the “Golden Setup” for those who have read the threads.

Insane win streak continues. This is one of the cleanest, easiest market conditions ever. Yes, I said ever. Make that $!!! :53:

lol It’s been great to see this strategy provide clean setups for 100 - 200 pip moves in a matter of a day or two. I hope these conditions for at least a couple more months.

…or a couple years. :slight_smile:

So I just found out that IBFX will be no more after this week. That REALLY SUCKS ASS. I have come to trust that Volume feed with my money. It’s been years since I used another feed. RIP IBFX. This is a sad sad day…and the second time FXCM bought up my price feed. First time was ODL.

Can anyone suggest a good broker for Volume? Just need a demo. If anyone knows one that is very similar or even the same as IBFX please share. I’ll have to do some testing before next week. Let’s find the best one guys.

I’ve been using XM Pete, was going to move over to ibFX this week!!

While my volume doesn’t always line up with your ibFX charts, it shows the SoS/W and NDNS’s in the right spots etc…

Here’s the GJ version of Pete’s GU mentioned above (NB the GU took off!! :slight_smile: But I was biased long GJ slightly.

hourly:

5m entry, looking for the Sign of Strength of the hourly, the Automatic Rally on the 5m chart, and a break/test/continuation of the automatic rally. It went to sleep after entry, but kicked into gear during the NY session.

If anyone’s new to trading etc. and they’re reading along with these posts, you’ve found the grail! :slight_smile: Stop looking. Take a week or two to read this thread and watch all of Pete’s videos. There’s no tricks or BS (or any shortcuts unfortunately).

This is tragic news. I’ve seen other broker’s volume, FXCM for example. They’re terrible. I’ll be downloading platforms all night looking for the best one.

Thank’s for the heads up on XM jalapeno.

Hey Pete, a bit of a general query for ya’…

These last few GU trades have been superb. Just thinkng about the analysis to form a bias, and I’m trying to trim down a few things. On those GU trades, it was more a matter of the hourly chart, things are in a range, let’s get a SoS from the bottom & go long? Or did you also have the whole “right, we’ve been in a strong down trend for weeks, and we’ve formed a bottom, good place to go long”?

Just wondering, if reviewing the weekly/daily, 4hr etc… is more of a help or a hinderance. What do you reckon? The minimalist in me would love to be just flicking through the hourly charts to form a bias.

Ive compared my broker to the IBFX volume. To me they look pretty similar. But then again I’m new to this. Only been trading a few months. But to me they look pretty close. I’m using FXChoice. If anyone has something better I’d really like to know.

The 1hr is home base and the appropriate high Volume is needed to go long in a down trend as you know. The idea that…it’s been a long time so it’s due to reverse is not correct. Trends can go on as long as they please, even if they take a pause and range for a while.

As for the 4hr and Daily, it’s a plus as far as probability if Volume is ultra high, but not necessary to go counter rend. I believe the Daily did show the highest Volume in a while on that G/U bottom anyway…so it’s a “plus” in my book. In the end, I could live with just the 1hr and 5min combo fine, and the proper Volume shown [I]there[/I] before going counter trend.