The 3 Duck's Trading System

How can we answer that question with out a “notional volume” record ?

Hello! Falstaff
I put it to the last higher or lower to see a little more if touch and well too bad it is a risk is the game otherwise I made breakeven to follow the trend when it is good I am my plan

Hello! AnFearMor1
for my part I see this I think it will go down but I can be wrong this crazy market is always right

There we go then ! :slight_smile: - no volume, no understanding.

However, while it seems increasingly well established that there is no link between IQ and ability, it is hard to imagine that the level of general intelligence is not involved in comprehension abilities. The problems of understanding in trading that persist after several years of experience I am only 1 year so it’s true

Absolutely NO Link - It’s just Gambling - some are better than others :slight_smile:

ok this is true I understand

Edited out. Sorry for any inconvenience caused !

:relaxed:

sorry I did not understand what do you mean

hehe. the name is funny and I like it.

duck

After over 10 years and almost 3000 posts, it looks like this great thread is coming to a close.
Andy, aka @Captain_Currency, please tell me this isn’t so

1 Like

LOL @eddieb, I thought you’s needed a break from me!

Andy
Captain Currency

Greetings Trend Traders
hello captain currency said Andy it’s nice to read you we do not hear you more radio silence and more videos youtube how are you on the Irish side
Greetings bye

1 Like

@Captain_Currency, welcome back!

1 Like

Greetings everyone!

I’m fairly new to fx (been reading, learning, studying for the past 1,5 year) and I’m interested in this system. Any life-saving musts I should know about?
I’ve made a couple trades already with mixed results so far.

(I’m currently reading through the entire thread.)

Cheers

Edit: I’m currently looking at G/Y. Ducks are lined up.

Looking to enter long when 5min hits back to around the grey line. My only concern is that on the 1hr, the move up seems to be coming to a stall.

Welcome to the Duck yard Kohipeet,

My take on Gbp.Jpy
Technically: price (1.4985) is trading above sma on 4hr chart.
Ducks: Bullish (at least for now)
Trend stage: previous 4hr trend was down, now currently flat/sideways.
Can it go higher? Quackometer says it 50/50 from here.
Would I buy it? Naw, I’d prefer to sit on my hands for now.

Yes, the one below is a must

Also, be sure to check out The 3 Ducks eBook (if you haven’t done so all ready).

Andy,
Captain Currency

Hi Captain,

Thank you for your input. I took the trade and I ended up losing 16 pips. There wasn’t even a cross on the 5 min chart. I gotta work on my patience because I want to trade even though there’s no signal yet.

Lesson learned I guess.

(On the flipside, I managed to catch a retracement to up -the 5min crossed the SMA this time and both the 1hr and 4hr were above so I took this trade too and I gained 12 pips so that somewhat made me feel better.)

p.s.: Sorry for the basic question, but on the 4hr chart how many candles should go in a direction for you to consider it a trend.

where is the link to the ebook? or to order it

1 Like

The 3 Duck's Trading System?

Edit:

I got a PM from Andy Perry, giving us a direct link for downloading his ebook –

Three Ducks eBook

1 Like

@captain_currency

Hey mate. Great system you have here. Seems like you’re still around after 10+ years which is awesome. I’ve also read your ebook. I have a couple of questions. I’d appreciate if you could answer.

1. Why 60 SMA? Why not 50 or 70 or any other? Any special reason to choose 60?

2. The entry on the 5m chart is done after the break of the previous high AND price being above the SMA line. A) What if when I look at the chart and the price is already above the SMA line and above the previous high? Should I get in? B) What if the price is above the SMA but below the previous high? Should I wait for it to break previous high before I get in? C) Price breaks previous high but still stays below the SMA. I should wait for it to break above the SMA line too, right?

I would be very grateful if you could answer these.
Thanks a lot!

1 Like