The 3 Duck's Trading System

Still Here :o

Hello Traders,

Look how clean and clear the Aussie been!!

Thanks for the system Captain I’ve truly been enjoying it.

Hello,

Glad you are enjoying the 3 Ducks and hopefully you are making some profits from it too!

Kind regards,

Captain Currency

The bird flu virus found at a poultry farm is the deadly H5N1 strain, U.K. officials confirmed today.

The source of the infection at the farm, home to 5,000 turkeys, more than 1,000 ducks :eek: and almost 500 geese, is under investigation, the Department for Environment Food and Rural Affairs said today at a press conference broadcast on the BBC.

(Bloomberg)

Hello Traders,

The 3 Duck’s Trading System ebook will be out shortley, if you would like a free copy send me an e-mail <[email protected]> subject: ebook

Kind Regards,

Captain Currency

Hi Y’all-
I’m an extreme novice to 4X and just getting ready to move into the market with real dollars in Jan. Anyway I’ve been following James IB system and trying to "play trade " it “by the book” for a few months. So I stumbled on to something that must have a correlation to the three ducks. Maybe the coincidence is price action a la Tess. Here’s what I noticed. When using three time frames 1 Hr., 15m., 5m., I’ve taken to waiting for the Stochs ( Slow 8.3) on all three charts to synchronize . In other words I wait for the stochs to all go into over bought territory and crest together on a sell and for all three to enter oversold and turn upward on a buy. Then I look for the rest of James signs to enter. However I did have good luck trading these indicators off of big numbers with the trend. Now these technical indicators are pretty much just abstractions to me, so maybe this would be an obvious observation to an experienced technical trader. It seems to have a higher possibility of success than other things I’ve been doing such as trading the Stoch “hook” on a shorter frame. Can anyone verify what this means??
Happy Holidays and New Year,
Kerry

Hello all,

I’ve just closed my last trade for 2007 and it has made me 50 pips for a 20 pip risk. It was a 3 Duck’s Trading System setup. All my Ducks where lined up in the same direction so I was only interested in buying EUR.USD this morning, a break of yesterdays high seemed like a good spot to get involved and the round number at 1.4700 seemed like an obvious target. The position never really got into trouble and my fixed 20 pip stop-loss did the trick!

Another currency pair that is obeying The 3 Duck’s rules is the AUD.USD. All your ducks where lined up this morning on the Aussie for a BUY.

Happy New Year,

Andy.

I have been back testing it and it seems to show good profit and simple to use.
I dont want to have to check trades all day long so i am trying it on longer time frame.
I have been closing trade on cross back over the 60 SMA on the lowest time frame. ( 1 hour )
Have you experimented with longer time frames.
Good job and thankyou Captain.
I will keep post as I try new things and find out the results.

it seems to be a good solid strategy.
im testing it out and trying different time frames and stop losses.
Captain you still here.
I am looking for more input to keep your strategy going.
Seems simple and a winning strategy.
Hope to here from you all, about what you think of it

all candles were above the 60 sma and 30 sma on all time periods from monthly to 5 minute and PSAR indicator was also showing all buy signals on every time period.
So i will just have to wait and see what happens.
opened trade at .7481 and put stop at .7415

Hello kauaibobby,

30 sma?? Monthly timeframes??

Yes, EUR.GBP, I would prefer to be buying too, but its not a pair I trade a lot using The 3 Duck’s Trading System :wink:

Kind regards,

Captain Currency

seems to me the more time frames that say the same thing, the better the odds of the trade going your way.
And i like PSAR indicator as a confirmation.
What do you think ?
I like your simplicity.
I am looking for something that is simple, because that is what i read about that seems to work a lot.
I like using higer timeframes because i dont want to have to check trades all day long.
just once a day.

Oh Captain ,My Captain

Thanks so much for posting this one, read your posts here and at T2W

I cant believe how easy your system/guide is, maybe now I will live up to my name and make some moola for a change.:smiley: My trading has been going nowhere slowly(4 steps forward and 4 back) Cant wait for monday to feed some ducks and wait for them all to get in a little row:D

Many Many thanks:cool:

Richrichie

Wouldnt you think also that when All indicators are lined up in one direction across MTFs its about time for a reverse?

thats why i am just on demo to see what works.
Its nice that you can demo as much as you want and not lose any money and gain knowledge i hope.
Just have to keep trying until i get it right.
but then im wondering if it will all just turn the other way ?
I still have so much to learn.

J. - Whenever I read a post of yours or Tess’s I think of the quote made by Charlotte Whitton, the former Mayor of Ottawa: “Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily this is not difficult.” d

:stuck_out_tongue: hahahahaha

Yes, Ms Whitton was well known for her raspish quips & comments. A quite brilliant academic she was too.

I like her rather caustic quote which she used several times in speeches, especially to those (men) who audibly attacked her in the popular press:

[I]“Man cannot live by (his) incompetance alone” [/I]

She was also well quoted with the following, which I think is very relevant when discussing & considering the merits of trading:

[I]“It’s how you deal with failure that determines how you eventually achieve success” [/I]

Thank you, more quotes to think about. d

I try to apply your trading system and put some additional rules :

1. support resistance.
  2. no trade due to release of a big news.

And this is my own result test :

I must say, your system is very good…and have a high accurate.
For now, I just use your system and Pallada EA in my real North Finance account and that all make my money growth at a faster pace.
Thank you…best regards…