The Cowabunga System

…PipSurfer uses an FXCM feed. Using the FXCM feed through NetDania’s PowerCharts there was a valid long entry at the close of the 7am (GMT) candle.

EDIT: 10:15gmt …and 1st target @700 hit for 30 plus.

EDIT: 10:40 - the hourly fib map provided a 1.382 extension (T1) at 9742 from the chop over the last couple of sessions. Looks highly likely now that this will be hit and gives the second target for the cowabunga trade off the NetDania chart…note to self, start using NetDania for entries. Been using IT-Finance up until now as their MACD-H is easier to read…however if this is a ‘topping’ area the T1 has a stronger probability of failing…you could say if T1’s aren’t hit then this usually indicates trend reversal…we’ll see. If T1 is hit then i’ll be looking to walk the intraday fib again…

The hrly fib T1 target has been hit. For me, the fib cycle that generated that target is now complete and it can do what it likes now. I’ll pull the fib to a new swing once a retracement south kicks in, this will then provide new likely support/resistance areas and targets to aim for during the next cycle.

In the meantime, i’m still looking for valid cowabunga entries to trade long and will be using the original profit target rules, until the next hourly fib levels materialise and a new T1 is generated.

A retracement now underway and the hrly intraday fib pulled using today’s high and low to ‘measure’ how strong the retrace is…will price move down to the inner fib levels? If it does, will they support price? If they do, i’ll be looking for a valid long cowa entry…but any other 15min entry signal found here or on other boards will suffice. The new T1 currently @9796 should today’s current high hold.

Back to the waiting room :slight_smile:

Nice charting. Well got stopped overnight for a 1R loss. Counter trend did not work as I was against the cowabunga system. For now it still is pointing higher. I’m thinking longer term this one may try to move higher.

Here is my update from the daily time frame. Is it possible a double bottom might trigger? It currently is finding some resistance.

Took a small position long with stop 117 pips away. I’m thinking this might be a swing play long to tgt next resistance around 1.9955. Bias for trade is based off daily. Should it work R multiple @ 1.8. Position size risk set for 1%.

…can’t view your pic for some reason, Airborne??

Cowaboi, not sure why. I used imageshack to host it and seems to work fine when I click on it.

Now this is where things get interesting. My plan is to give it some room to develop. This means I’ll need to sit tight when price moves against me. I’ve messed this up big time in the past. I would have a plan then panic and dump the position only to see it hit my target without me. This would then have a negative effect on my account. Not to mention my risk and position size was heavy. I guess I’m starting to understand the part about plan your trade and trade your plan.

Plenty of breathing space there then :slight_smile:

I’m waiting for a test of today’s inner fib levels. The target from today’s swing is 9796…i doubt there will be a valid cowabunga entry before PipSurfer’s 5pmgmt cut off, but i’ll be tempted to go long through other methods after 5pm, if price action still stacks up.

aha, just realised it’s getting filtered by our websense software…big brother :slight_smile:

I like how you have your fib studies placed on your charts. I’ve not used fibs before and not sure how they work.

hahaha big brother! I notice this site takes a while to load when I click on a page. I emptied my cashe and deleted cookies and still no improvement.

Cowaboi, how do you put your charts up on this thread?

Well, there just might be a cowabunga long entry at the close of the current 15min period. I’ll be taking the trade if the 15min lines up in 5mins.

EDIT: 16:46 - EMAs failed to cross on the close, so no trade.

I use the ‘PrintScreen’ key on the keyboard and paste into MS Paint, edit, save and upload.

HTH

Good eye, I turned on the 15m chart and see what your looking at. Stoch is in oversold and rsi just over 50. notice the price action off the 15m chart. Each pullback seems to look good. I also see a bullish candle that hit temp support and bounced nicely.

Good Luck!

Chart test

Ok I think I got it… Thanks!!

…that one didn’t make the grade. Now in final period for cowabunga entries today. Let’s see.

Cool, can see you fine now. :slight_smile: