The Forex Portfolio - How to Gain Consistent Profits by Staying in the Market 24/7

Good start, I hope you continue in the same spirit. You got my attention …

Sound logic and thinking so far by MG99. Subscribed :slight_smile:

hmmmm…interesting

I’m in for the ride. Looking forward to your discussions.

Which broker or brokers do you use? And what price open & close do you use eg GMT midnight, 10pm EST?

Oanda. And I recommend them to best accommodate how I handle risk.

I go off of NY time and make all trading decisions off the candlesticks at the close of the NY session.

While I use Oanda as a broker. I chart with Metatrader 4 using an FXCM demo feed.

1 Like

Hey MG I’ve tried basket trading before and this sounds kind of similar. I’m looking forward to seeing how you do it.

Lemme guess. Indicators were involved. :slight_smile:

Look forward to learning more as I trade using trends on day time scale.

OK, no problem, I’m on your side.

Just get on with it, 5 pages of nothing so far :55:

This is a methodology. Not a system. It requires a full understanding of my thought process.

If you have not found any value yet, you won’t find it at all. I recommend you not waste your time any further.

May seem 5 pages of nothing, but in his defence, Mastergunner99 has contributed not much to those 5 pages. Give him time to do what he needs to do and wait patiently for what he has to say about his method. People share out of a want to share, so let’s not make them not want to share by making it sound like they owe us everything all at once on a platter.
I am interested to see what your methodology is MG.
I consider this thread Mastergunner99’s inner musings where he will add to it when and how he sees fit as per his first post.

[B]Nothing?[/B] Seriously? MG has been far kinder, patient, and wise in response to your two “contributions” to this thread than I would have (and those pithy nuggets of his alone have been worth the price of subscription) – which, ironically, demonstrates my own need to work on patience, wisdom, and pithiness … :64:]

Here’s some optional parting wisdom for those among us still unaware or in need of reminding:

[I]“The cynic knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.” – Oscar Wilde[/I]

[I]“Greatness does not approach him who is forever looking down.” – Hitopadesa[/I]

[I]“Patience is the companion of wisdom.” – Saint Augustine[/I]

O no! *slaps own face *

I seen it all now

Basket trading

Lets see where this goes

Whats with all the self defence here to

actually no. I’ve rarely tried to use indicators. They all just mirror price after the fact and that was obvious from the beginning. I’m focused on s/r and simple price action now but still like this idea and looking forward to seeing where you’re going with it.

Looking forward to your methodology, mastergunner.

What kimd of stoploss do you use, and how big are they?

My use of stoploss is unorthodox and requires explanation. It varies in size.

I will explain in a future post as I continue to outline this methodology.

My previous question was also typical SL & TP…waiting patiently.

Have another one… Seeing that u trade so many different pairs & crosses… Do u have a few different trading accounts, in diff base currencies, gbp, euro, usd, etc?

Mastergunner Hello, I’m from Argentina. Honestly speaking here in Argentina is impossible forex. Nobody knows much. I’m trying to learn for half a year without success, so I would appreciate very much your guidance, help to initiate me correctly. Thank you very much.